Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited our local Tesla store this afternoon, and—as of about 2 hours ago—they had the car and had just brought it inside to wash it and begin prepping it for delivery. We no longer have an EDD; we have a Delivery Appointment for tomorrow!

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels
As of August 20: VIN 5YJSA1E59MF440XXX
As of September 2: Delivery Appointment - Sept. 3, 2021
In checking in person at the Tesla store last week and the week before and asking about the status of our pre-refresh order “discount” of $2,000, I was told that ”there is a case open” showing on our order. Today, when I stopped in and was able to make a delivery appointment for tomorrow, I was told that the open case meant that the discount would show up within a few hours of making the delivery appointment. Earlier this evening, about 4 hours after making the delivery appointment, our MVPA has in fact been updated to include the discount.

• Informative
Reactions: GrnSqrl and MEL-22
Well this is escalating quickly!

Had Sept 10th - 30th steady for a few weeks. Yesterday morning it changed to Sept 3rd - 10th. Yesterday afternoon I got a VIN. This morning the date changed to Sept 1st - 6th! Should have my car by end of day Monday!
Didn't have a chance to update this morning...but account updated again!

Date narrowed from Sept 1st - 6th to Sept 2nd to 5th! I figure delivery will be this weekend! Got the Dragy ready for some 0-60 runs LR on 19s! :D

Overnight, got VIN, an invoice, and a 4-day delivery window beginning Sept 17 — right in the middle of the previous estimated delivery range, and safely distant from end-of-quarter madness. Yesterday, got notice of a Covid positive test, but I am so far asymptomatic. So, you see, Tesla's Neural Engines waited to see when my quarantine would end. I'm being whimsical! That's Tesla's zeitgeist. It's all just a simulation anyway; don't take simulations too seriously. Wear a mask, though.

Maybe it's time to ask my service advisor if I must go to Mt. Kisco (220 miles), the Albany Tesla Service Center (64 miles), or if they'll deliver.

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Est. delivery: September 17 - September 20 , Mt. Kisco?, VIN 4416XX.

Overnight, got VIN, an invoice, and a 4-day delivery window beginning Sept 17 — right in the middle of the previous estimated delivery range, and safely distant from end-of-quarter madness. Yesterday, got notice of a Covid positive test, but I am so far asymptomatic. So, you see, Tesla's Neural Engines waited to see when my quarantine would end. I'm being whimsical! That's Tesla's zeitgeist. It's all just a simulation anyway; don't take simulations too seriously. Wear a mask, though.

Maybe it's time to ask my service advisor if I must go to Mt. Kisco (220 miles), the Albany Tesla Service Center (64 miles), or if they'll deliver.

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Est. delivery: September 17 - September 20 , Mt. Kisco?, VIN 4416XX.

so i have had the VIN for nearly a week (sept 6-12th window); but no invoice. Mt Kisco delivery center thanks to Ct owned by the dealers lobby bs

Reactions: mikey_bs
While interiors finally have some traction - November 11 to December 1 delivery range. Order details in signature.
Same here! Starting to get excited!

Attachments

• FE334614-6F01-4AD2-817B-A51F584F2281.jpeg
    FE334614-6F01-4AD2-817B-A51F584F2281.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 61
Anyone with a black / black / 21s looking to trade for Black / white / 21s (NO FSD) - PRE PRICE HIKE??

I took over a reservation from someone in California RN 11516 order placed June 16th Black / White / 21s (no FSD). EDD changed from October to February. Then EDD went blank like most.

RN was transferred to my email a few weeks ago. EDD went from blank to 11/23-12/13 this morning!

excited although I don’t want white interior. I took the reservation 1. Because delivery was sooner than a new order. 2. Pre 10k increase. Hoping to somehow finagle taking a Black / black / 21s for EOQ or EOY push without the price increase.

Reactions: cwanja
(cross post from white interior tracking).

WHOA, today is/was a surprise for sure:
  • My cheapest White/White Interior order when from blank up to NOV 11 - DEC 1 all of the sudden. RN1150.
  • My more expensive order that is White/Cream pushed back to DEC 17 - JAN 6. RN1154.
  • My more expensive order that is Blue/Cream stayed same at DEC 6 - DEC 26. RN1153.
Definitely excited that the white interior estimate suddenly leapfrogged the other two - its the one I want most and cheaper price!.

Went from blank to Nov. 20-Dec. 10! RN1150, MSM, white interior, 21in., FSD! Rollercoaster for sure!
Similar, just updated in last 30 minutes --- my white interior moved forward the most and got a date. They must have hopefully gotten that supply issue solved or to be solved. :) At least now we both/multiple people got 20 day ranges for white interiors...