Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the '+' designation is a first for Tesla. Any ideas what that means?

Someone previously speculated that the other 'S manuals' released this year apply to the entire fleet of Teslas (from the dawn of time).
If your Model S is equipped with the medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, this filter ensures the best quality air inside the cabin whenever the climate control system is on and outside air is entering the cabin (recirculate is off). The HEPA filter is extremely effective at removing particles, including pollution, allergens, bacteria, pollen, mold spores, and viruses.​
p. 137 2021.32 Tesla Model S owners manual '2021+'
I just assume it meant model year 2021 and beyond. Kind of like wife used the F word 5+ times after I said I put in an order back in April.

I’ve been lurking since I ordered in late June. Had an EDD of 11/14 to 12/4 for about a month now. Woke up this morning to a vin# and EDD of 9/20-9/26!

MSM/black interior/21”/FSD

First Tesla so i am pumped/nervous!
I think this means they are going to get my hopes up for EOQ, but then let me down and throw me back a few weeks??
Mine one ordered on 5/16/2021 MSLR Red/Black/19"/FSD but have EDD as Dec 15-Jan 2. I think location is a factor in deciding EDD.

That is different then ordering a future production car, that is buying a specific car that is already built and has a VIN that you select, typically from the "existing inventory" section.
You said they wouldn’t have 2021 models sitting around if 2022’s are being produced and that’s not accurate based on past experiences.
You can order a future car, just delay your delivery and they’ll put you at the back of the line.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Hi LR waiting room buddies, my seven month waiting journey (Feb-Sept) is now officially over.

My EDD change log was roughly: March -> Late March -> Blank (for months until the update email about a month ago) -> Sept 15-30 -> Sept 2-15 -> Sept 12-30 -> Sept 9

As soon as a VIN was assigned earlier this week (9/6ish), delivery was scheduled soon after.

I had a direct delivery even though I live in very close proximity to the Fremont factory. I felt bad for the delivery driver as he had to wait for an Uber to bring him back to the factory. I thought they would have delivered the vehicle via flatbed, but I arrived with 15 additional miles on the odometer. No big deal.

Overall the fit and finish was flawless. No discernible panel gaps. In fact, there wasn't much to say about the interior either!

A few things I did notice though:
  1. Missing mats and trunk covers
  2. Weird quiet whirring noise coming from the A/C system that happens intermittently
  3. Yoke has the weird worm looking thing but you can't feel it, only see it
  4. There's some leftover painters tape in the front passenger door that seems to be from the assembly process
  5. A lot of random debris on the floor
  6. I don't see a denting issue with my trunk catch flap that others are experiencing
  7. Some leftover adhesive lining the trunk panels
  8. And wow, Insane mode is... insane. I can't even imagine what Plaid is like.
  9. The yoke wasn't too difficult for me to get acclimated with. It is a bit awkward on turns but it's really not a big deal. I rarely use my horn so the new position really doesn't affect me.
  10. Turn signals and the drive selection change affects me more than the yoke. It is not as easy to disengage the turn signals as with a stalk.
  11. I already curb rashed a wheel... :oops:
Overall it is a well built car and a devilishly fast speed demon. Yes the wait is worth it but my god was that part of the experience terrible.

Best of luck to everyone else in line! Here's some pics.

BPC01087.JPGBPC01090.JPG

IMG_0887.jpgIMG_0885.jpgIMG_0886.jpgIMG_0893.jpg

Hi LR waiting room buddies, my seven month waiting journey (Feb-Sept) is now officially over.

My EDD change log was roughly: March -> Late March -> Blank (for months until the update email about a month ago) -> Sept 15-30 -> Sept 2-15 -> Sept 12-30 -> Sept 9

As soon as a VIN was assigned earlier this week (9/6ish), delivery was scheduled soon after.

I had a direct delivery even though I live in very close proximity to the Fremont factory. I felt bad for the delivery driver as he had to wait for an Uber to bring him back to the factory. I thought they would have delivered the vehicle via flatbed, but I arrived with 15 additional miles on the odometer. No big deal.

Overall the fit and finish was flawless. No discernible panel gaps. In fact, there wasn't much to say about the interior either!

2. Weird quiet whirring noise coming from the A/C system that happens intermittently
  4. There's some leftover painters tape in the front passenger door that seems to be from the assembly process
  6. I don't see a denting issue with my trunk catch flap that others are experiencing
  9. The yoke wasn't too difficult for me to get acclimated with. It is a bit awkward on turns but it's really not a big deal. I rarely use my horn so the new position really doesn't affect me.
  10. Turn signals and the drive selection change affects me more than the yoke. It is not as easy to disengage the turn signals as with a stalk.
Overall it is a well built car and a devilishly fast speed demon. Yes the wait is worth it but my god was that part of the experience terrible.

View attachment 707443View attachment 707444

View attachment 707445View attachment 707446View attachment 707448View attachment 707449
Sorry to hear about the curb rash. This is a wide vehicle that will take some getting used to. I am coming out of a 2018 Volvo S90, which is 4 inches longer than the new model S, but is also 4 inches narrower. I hope I don't immediately do the same thing to mine when I finally get it. Anyway, congratulations on the ride. Enjoy it and have safe travels.

• Love
Reactions: baldwin and MEL-22
So, the '+' designation is a first for Tesla. Any ideas what that means?

Someone previously speculated that the other 'S manuals' released this year apply to the entire fleet of Teslas (from the dawn of time).
If your Model S is equipped with the medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, this filter ensures the best quality air inside the cabin whenever the climate control system is on and outside air is entering the cabin (recirculate is off). The HEPA filter is extremely effective at removing particles, including pollution, allergens, bacteria, pollen, mold spores, and viruses.​
p. 137 2021.32 Tesla Model S owners manual '2021+'

I just assume it meant model year 2021 and beyond. Kind of like wife used the F word 5+ times after I said I put in an order back in April.
There were 2030 non-refreshed (vertical screen) 2021 Model S and Model X that were delivered in Q1 but which had been built in 2020. Also, there were some 2021 cars built in 2020 Q4 and delivered in 2020 Q4.

The 2021+ would be the refreshed (horizontal screen) version that was actually built in 2021.

1631283327556.png

View attachment 707443View attachment 707444

View attachment 707445View attachment 707446View attachment 707448View attachment 707449
Congratulations and thanks for the pics and info! Did they tell you when they will get the missing items to you?

Also, is there a general checklist for looking over the cars upon delivery? Haven't seen one yet.

Congratulations and thanks for the pics and info! Did they tell you when they will get the missing items to you?

Also, is there a general checklist for looking over the cars upon delivery? Haven't seen one yet.
Read this thread? (Just the last few days posts, even.)
Check this sub-forum's sticky posts? (It's right next to this thread on the sticky list.)
Search?

Reactions: cwanja