Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN! As an additional data point, my EDD shortened this morning to 9/16-9/23, and a few hours later I got an email requesting payment, and when I checked my account VIN was there. I’m a Fremont factory direct and don’t have an appointment yet.
View attachment 709466
YOU FINALLY REFRESHED ENOUGH TIMES!!!! I told you it would work.

Have you scheduled your delivery pick up yet? I’m in NC and order just a week or so after you (RN1153) and am very jealous of that 9/22 window! Mine went from Oct->Nov->Dec to blank and have been limbo for about a week. Did you order plaid or LR?

Do any Canadian folks here have a confirmed delivery date before September 28th ? I only posted here as the first deliveries will be LR. I had a confirmed delivery date that moved from 9/24 to 9/28 suddenly. I visited the SC and was told that they cannot deliver any before 9/28 even though they confirmed my car arrives by 9/18. I got lots of smirks and shrugs as I pushed for an explanation as to why. I should have taken my wife as she is an ex Prosecutor as she would have dragged it out of them. The date move puts me out of country so they said I can e-sign and they will put it in my garage. They have officially earned the customer satisfaction motto ‘we’re not happy until your not happy’. Confused in 🇨🇦

Last edited:
Do any Canadian folks here have a confirmed delivery date before September 28th ? I only posted here as the first deliveries will be LR. I had a confirmed delivery date that moved from 9/24 to 9/28 suddenly. I visited the SC and was told that they cannot deliver any before 9/28 even though they confirmed my car arrives by 9/18. I got lots of smirks and shrugs as I pushed for an explanation as to why. I should have taken my wife as she is an ex Prosecutor as she would have dragged it out of them. The date move puts me out of country so they said I can e-sign and they will put it in my garage. They have officially earned the customer satisfaction motto ‘we’re not happy until your not happy’. Confused in 🇨🇦
I'm in Vancouver and my delivery window is Sept 19-30. I haven't contacted my SA but haven't heard anything specific from Tesla. I have no idea if and or when it will arrive.

Reactions: Proppilot
Have you scheduled your delivery pick up yet? I’m in NC and order just a week or so after you (RN1153) and am very jealous of that 9/22 window! Mine went from Oct->Nov->Dec to blank and have been limbo for about a week. Did you order plaid or LR?
I ordered an LR. I have not scheduled a delivery appointment yet. They told me yesterday it was still in California and expect to pick it up around the 24th or 25th. We shall see!

One day later and you get a 2022 model year
Not entirely true. I fully expect 2021 model year deliveries to continue about halfway into October until you start getting cars manufactured in October. Though if they delivery every produced car by end of quarter, first deliveries in October should have a VIN that is a 2022. We shall see in a few weeks.

Reactions: McQ14 and DG Tiger
Is it the delivery date that determines the year? Or the build date? I assumed / word on the street is the build date would be October for a Nov delivery. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?
Build date determines the model year with Tesla changing over to 2022 VIN model years as of October 1st. We have seen VINs handed out four or five days after they got stamped / started production.For example, someone was given a VIN Monday night with the "born date" of 9/9. So four days between there.

So you could start to see "NF" VINs (meaning 2022) the first week of October. That assumes that Tesla can build and deliver every car produced and clear out inventory. Thus starting October 1st, those are 2022 VINs. Otherwise, you could see cars produced at the end of September, getting delivered at the beginning of October as "2021" model years.