Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know everyone’s situation is different but I am going from a 2011 BMW 335 coupe to this model S LR. I’m a guy in my 40’s and my annual insurance went from $1600 to $5000!!!! Is that ballpark what others are paying?
Not even close. Made a call to my agent at the time I ordered the car. Only going up $360 a year with Statefarm. Still waiting for delivery but confident it will hold.

Something is not right about that. Definitely check elsewhere. I am around $2,000 per year, and think that is high.

Being a total techie, I am looking forward to the yoke, even if poorly designed. I placed some red coflex tape on the top half of my wheel, I find that I can get used to not having that well enough, and I do a lot of city driving and backing into parking spots. I spin that wheel around A LOT. The only thing I will really miss is that I tend to lift myself out of the car by grabbing onto the top of the wheel. That's when my hand hits that red tape, pretty much every time. There is no "Oh s**t" bar on the A-pillar like there is on many other cars, which would make getting out of the car easier. Yep, I am an old dude in his 50's as well!
Of all the changes the yoke brings, I am most annoyed by how they moved the horn from the center to a stupid little button. That makes no sense. I get that Elon wants to change the whole wheel paradigm, but this was just not thought out well.
According to the manual you just need to cover all of the right buttons with your hand. Have yet to take delivery so I have no idea if it works.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornHunter
Thanks for posting this. Can you please confirm if the yoke can tilt and telescope like a normal steering wheel? If so, is it easy to find a comfortable position for it?

The consumer reports article that came out today makes a few references to painful hands after driving with the yoke, and I don't recall anyone posting similar experiences on this forum.

it telescopes, and rises or drops..i have not seen any tilt function. not saying it takes time getting used to but once u adapt i truly believe most people will say Elon was right. its those who go in negative that never fully see the plus's imo.

the OS is different than the Y, 3...and i'm still learning it though.

i still have yet to find the energy consumption data..if anyone can tell me i'd appreciate it.

Reactions: Philadelphia-S
Glad to see they are hitting SE Pa. When did you order yours? Ordered mine, Blk/Blk, 19” w/FSD in early June. I had an EDD 9/28-9/30 until yesterday which dropped to 9/30-10/20. Obviously still potential trying to get me in Q3 but not holding my breath.
Ordered 1/2/21, VIN 8/13, delivered on 8/25. Good luck. Good color choice. 😀

Reactions: Pdubs
it telescopes, and rises or drops..i have not seen any tilt function. not saying it takes time getting used to but once u adapt i truly believe most people will say Elon was right. its those who go in negative that never fully see the plus's imo.

the OS is different than the Y, 3...and i'm still learning it though.

i still have yet to find the energy consumption data..if anyone can tell me i'd appreciate it.

The “Trips” tab is the closest I could find to anything energy related.

43C532AB-CCCA-48F6-BF4E-A6DC8DE067A6.jpeg

Reactions: cwanja
Woke up this morning and immediately checked my account on my phone before exiting bed, as I’ve done every morning for nearly 6 months now. The page looked different, didn’t have an EDD, and was asking me to re-submit financing. Concerned I was losing my place in line or something stupid, I jumped on my computer and saw that my EDD had moved up from October 07-27 (which it had held at without change for the last month) to September 23-30. However, it needs me to resubmit my financing info. I called Tesla, they are closed. So I submitted the form online, suffered another hard credit check, and now the website is once again is asking me to resubmit the financing form. So I’m in some sort of purgatory until Tesla opens (in an hour, I think?).

MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD, RN1147, ordered April 1 to Dallas.

I’m both excited about the prospect of receiving my car as early as next week, but cautious because of this financing BS, and, well, we are still talking about Tesla.

Reactions: Ginag1127
Here are my final thoughts after having my Arya (MSLR 19") for 2 weeks (700+ miles)
  • Yoke is a non-issue now. I love it on the highway, easier u-turns than a round steering wheel and I've built enough muscle memory that city driving is very comfortable now.
  • This car has a much bigger butt than my Lexus. Curbed her on day 3 :( My son needed his Dunkins and the drive-through was a tiny maze with lots of curves. (No more Dunks for him.)
  • I got full front PPF, but no ceramic - just a nice wax. Easy to clean and so far, good protection - I do regularly drive on some gravel roads.
  • The car was delivered with summer Pirelli's - even though I live in Massachusetts. Those who got their cars a week later got A/S Continentals. I pushed hard at delivery to get them swapped to A/S for free, and that is scheduled to happen on Friday. Fingers crossed.
  • Privacy panels were missing from the trunk. They will send them to me when the parts come in.
  • I found a puddle under my car in the garage on a non-rainy day. It was clear and didn't feel greasy, so I think it was water that was trapped in the undercarriage panel. Scared the crap out of me, but I've been watching and so far, no leaks.
  • So far, so good with everything else.
Now that I have my baby, I've gotten hours of my life back not checking for a VIN, but I now use those hours learning more about her! This is my first Tesla and it was definitely worth the wait. I wish the rest of you luck and speedy deliveries. These are awesome cars. Enjoy!
Arya-2021-09-03.jpg