Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla Vallejo that they are ready to deliver my car today. These guys really mean business and the EOQ rush is real!

Got my VIN 9:30pm 9/24. Payment sent in 10pm. Email to set up deliver 8:30am 9/25 and a call to deliver it to me on the SAME DAY by 2pm. I had to reject it as I am out of town. They will deliver tomorrow 9/26 to my house directly. Looking forward to the car after this 7 month wait!

Just got a call from Tesla Vallejo that they are ready to deliver my car today. These guys really mean business and the EOQ rush is real!

Got my VIN 9:30pm 9/24. Payment sent in 10pm. Email to set up deliver 8:30am 9/25 and a call to deliver it to me on the SAME DAY by 2pm. I had to reject it as I am out of town. They will deliver tomorrow 9/26 to my house directly. Looking forward to the car after this 7 month wait!
Congrats! Things happen fast when they happen! So, poster above who ‘doesn’t expect it in the next 4 days’ I wouldn’t be so sure.

Well scratch that, day before delivery they told me there was a transport delay, then today asked me to reschedule, to which I did, then they cancelled that hours later and I am now showing a random obscure delivery date of October 16 on my account.

This has become exactly as I would expect from Tesla given my experience leading up to this.

Reactions: Blue Stuff
Well scratch that, day before delivery they told me there was a transport delay, then today asked me to reschedule, to which I did, then they cancelled that hours later and I am now showing a random obscure delivery date of October 16 on my account.

This has become exactly as I would expect from Tesla given my experience leading up to this.
No worries, just another normal day in Teslaworld. Your car "may" arrive; someday...

• Funny
Reactions: LiveSai
Saw this posted on FB for anyone in CO

Attachments

• 43EB4E63-82C0-49E2-8177-3C10B2BDED52.png
    43EB4E63-82C0-49E2-8177-3C10B2BDED52.png
    489.5 KB · Views: 90
I see a lot of complaining on this site …and not much appreciation. I like to think that most people at Tesla are trying to do the best job they can for the company, for the customer, for the investors in the light of the shortages, production variations, cancelations, logistic issues and constant changes. Perhaps they are doing the job we would do if we had their job.

I think that all of us here are so fortunate to be able to purchase a $100,000 car…that we just don’t need. It is a preference. I am so grateful to those who designed and produced such an amazing vehicle.

Waiting for the S now is part of what is. I look forward to its arrival, as was said here, like a five year old at Christmas. However being 83, I very much want the Model S to arrive while I am still young enough to enjoy it.
Most aren't complaining about the exact people of Tesla. The people complaining about SAs and whatnot are being unfair because they are literally not told anything from Tesla corporate -- it's out of their hands and we can't fault them for it. However it is completely valid to complain about the senior leadership who is responsible for operational planning. If when I ordered my car in January I was told it would be a 9 month wait, then that's fine. But when dates slip a few weeks at a time for 9 months, that's a major problem. Lots of people sold their cars only to find out their dates went blank with no ETA. Many planned big vacations long in advance only to have EDDs change so dramatically that it landed during vacation and now they have to postpone their orders and get back into the queue. The appreciation is the $100,000 payment 🙂

Has anyone seen VINs posted in source code before it actually gets displayed to you on the site? I know there is a tool/addon that tells you and it's easy enough to search source yourself, but do they actually show up in source code first? Curious so that I can stop checking the source code multiple times a day 🙂

Has anyone seen VINs posted in source code before it actually gets displayed to you on the site? I know there is a tool/addon that tells you and it's easy enough to search source yourself, but do they actually show up in source code first? Curious so that I can stop checking the source code multiple times a day 🙂
In my case the last time I'd checked before the VIN finally showed up, the Tesla VIN plug-in didn't tell me that there was a VIN in the source code. The VIN appeared 30-60 minutes later when I next checked. Didn't have to scroll to the bottom of the screen, though, the plug-in had a little splash screen that said "!!!You have a VIN!!!" as soon as I refreshed the page.

Most aren't complaining about the exact people of Tesla. The people complaining about SAs and whatnot are being unfair because they are literally not told anything from Tesla corporate -- it's out of their hands and we can't fault them for it. However it is completely valid to complain about the senior leadership who is responsible for operational planning. If when I ordered my car in January I was told it would be a 9 month wait, then that's fine. But when dates slip a few weeks at a time for 9 months, that's a major problem. Lots of people sold their cars only to find out their dates went blank with no ETA. Many planned big vacations long in advance only to have EDDs change so dramatically that it landed during vacation and now they have to postpone their orders and get back into the queue. The appreciation is the $100,000 payment 🙂
Well stated & factual!!

Excited for you and also happy to see that cars of my build are getting delivered in the Bay Area.

On the other hand, it’s driving me bonkers that I ordered in Jan. and still not a peep from Tesla. In a childish fit of rage, I removed FSD from my build. Not giving Tesla that extra $10k for now. Take that, Elon.

Maybe I need to spend less time on this forum. Sigh

Pick up my car tomorrow at 1pm in Stockton, anybody know if they are hard that time or if you can pick it up earlier? I’m flying up from San Diego so if I can get It sooner, then I can get on the road back home. If I had a SA, I could ask them, but I’ve never had one, except my wife’s old SA replying to an email I had previously.

Pick up my car tomorrow at 1pm in Stockton, anybody know if they are hard that time or if you can pick it up earlier? I’m flying up from San Diego so if I can get It sooner, then I can get on the road back home. If I had a SA, I could ask them, but I’ve never had one, except my wife’s old SA replying to an email I had previously.
Amazing; spending $100K & they never gave you an SA. Only at Tesla. Safe driving home!!

Reactions: LiveSai and Mrhpsn
Picked up my MSLR blue/cream/19”today in Raleigh. Car was nearly perfect except for the frunk was slightly misaligned. It was missing the trunk parcel shelf & all the floor mats. Paint looked great & will have it checked out when it goes in for ceramic coating, partial wrap, & tinting at ATD in Garner (they had previously done our 2017 75D). There were 6 LRs with 19” rims at the SC (1 red & 5 blue/cream). 3 had Conti AS tires & 3 had Pirelli summer tires. Unfortunately mine had the latter. The SA did talk to his manager about switching them out as I had requested the AS ones long ago. His manager then gave me the only option being to decline the car & go back in the queue. Not really a valid option after waiting 7 months for delivery! The car is truly amazing with a very comfortable ride. Was pleased that the yoke was easier to get used to then I thought it would be. However if there was an option for a regular wheel then I would still chose that. The worm was there but only visible from a certain angle. I am very disappointed though that it no longer has creep mode. Pulling into our 2 car garage is more difficult when you have to hit the accelerator of this very powerful car instead of slowly driving in. We are happy to finally have our car & in spite of the mind numbing delivery process, it definitely exceeds all our expectations 😄

Excited for you and also happy to see that cars of my build are getting delivered in the Bay Area.

On the other hand, it’s driving me bonkers that I ordered in Jan. and still not a peep from Tesla. In a childish fit of rage, I removed FSD from my build. Not giving Tesla that extra $10k for now. Take that, Elon.

Maybe I need to spend less time on this forum. Sigh
LOL. FSD is a waste of money IMHO anyway.

Amazing; spending $100K & they never gave you an SA. Only at Tesla. Safe driving home!!
I’ve never had an SA either. I ordered my car online and didn’t talk to anybody about it. I know an SA assigned himself to me to get whatever commission they get once he found out I had no SA. I’ve always called the local Tesla sales center with questions and they’ve been very helpful to me no matter who I talked to. Personally I prefer not having to deal with anybody. I much prefer the order online model, no haggling, no up sell.

I’ve never had an SA either. I ordered my car online and didn’t talk to anybody about it. I know an SA assigned himself to me to get whatever commission they get once he found out I had no SA. I’ve always called the local Tesla sales center with questions and they’ve been very helpful to me no matter who I talked to. Personally I prefer not having to deal with anybody. I much prefer the order online model, no haggling, no up sell.
I got an email from SA the day after I booked. I communicated with her about 10 times since,always replied within a day. However she keeps telling me to expect car in Oct,whereas my EDD moved to a 3 day window today from Sept 27 to 30. Such a narrow window must mean something... I hope.