Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy, looked like you could barely hang onto the wheel…err…yoke with one hand!
yeah, if you notice I’m holding it with my left hand and the torque pulled me back hard enough to pull the car left forcing me to quickly correct.

Ive owned a lot of really fast cars, including a couple teslas. This is something special.

Wait.. this is a LRs high end power… my biggest complaint I had on my 2017 S has been greatly resolved
Same, frankly, 0-60 is fine, but if feel limited by software. 40+ is bonkers. I created a twitter account today and asked Elon if there would be an OTA performance upgrade. (Not holding my breath) My guess is that they needed the plaid to have much greater performance than the LR to justify the cost of the extra motor and the premium price.

This car is unbelievable. Power to overtake anything on the freeway is exactly what we needed.

ORIENTATION

Question for all youze guys (and gals): A SA advised a pre-delivery Orientation with her personally. Never happened, what is it? I recall some have said it's virtual, at home, others have said in person as this SA said, but no more info. from her. Could someone kindly educate me? Delivery is scheduled in 5 days, yet the car is on a truck, having departed Birmingham, Alabama for West Palm Beach, Fl. which is about 10 hours or less. I suspect the car may arrive today, or for sure by mañana.

TIA...
I’m scheduled to pick my MS LR (red/white/21”/fsd RN114346) on Saturday the 30th in West Palm. Let me know if you see it. Also please let me know how your delivery goes and what if any issues you have. Best of luck to you….send me a copy of your checklist if you can.

I also have RN1153 with your exact spec ordered a few days earlier than you and my EDD just changed to February March. Good luck. I hope you can keep your delivery date.
Thanks… I’ve be following your updates too. That’s wild that they have yours pushed out so far. I’m hoping that’s an inaccurate EDD for you and you get brought into the EOQ push. Good luck to you too!

Reactions: Tigers
Well, something's gotta give today....either VIN or EDD range change. Or maybe my car will be teleported to my SC by tomorrow morning via SpaceX?
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.33.10 AM.png

I’m scheduled to pick my MS LR (red/white/21”/fsd RN114346) on Saturday the 30th in West Palm. Let me know if you see it. Also please let me know how your delivery goes and what if any issues you have. Best of luck to you….send me a copy of your checklist if you can.
I am headed back to WPB today, very curious to see if my car arrived from the [about] 10 hour drive from Birmingham, Alabama to WPB. SA said the 26th, but like everything else I've been thru with Tesla, ALL LIES!! 4 days to drive 10 hours, really??

I used Marc's checklist posted on another thread and I added a few things. I will make you an offer should you be interested - come with me for my checklist inspection & delivery & I'll do the same with yours. I'll gladly backtrack to Boca to pick you up if necessary. 2 sets of eyes for inspection really helps. Kindly reply either here or private mail, today if possible so we can sort out all driving, inspection and misc. details.

Another issue - SA insists this will be a contactless delivery since they have no personnel there. AGAIN, total lies & BS. Each time I stop at WPB, 5 times, there are Tesla employees in delivery cars with new owners. SA at Town Center continues to lie and says not possible so IF I want orientation, she will do it at Town Center AFTER delivery at a later date. Total BS.

Kindly reply ref both riding together for both our deliveries; cheers...

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
Well, something's gotta give today....either VIN or EDD range change. Or maybe my car will be teleported to my SC by tomorrow morning via SpaceX?
View attachment 725021
I said the same thing (twice) while in my EDD, which got pushed back both times. I doubt this will happen to you since Madam Butterfly stated she will make things work for you. I hope you finally get your long awaited chariot. Yesterday. Ganbei...

Reactions: MEL-22

My Jan order now moved again. So tired of this. I guess all I can do is keep waiting​

Your Model S​

RN1144

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: November 23 - December 21​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

To cancel your order, submit a request

I have resisting the temptation to check my edd for almost 3 weeks. I wanted to maintain the illusion that I might get the car this year. I was concerned that a number of folks on this forum with similar order dates and configs have been pushed back to February of next year. My wife finally convinced me to check again this morning......... I am pleased to report that it remains unchanged at Dec 14 to Dec 31 (I assume 2021). Both my Tesla app and the order page are in agreement on this date range. I expect there will be a massive EOQ and EOY delivery push in December, so hopefully, many of those who just got pushed back to 2022 may yet see their cars this year.

Anyone care to comment or cross-post the latest wisdom on ETA of the elusive NF VIN?
My son who lives near Fremont, CA took delivery of his Performance Model Y in Dec 2020 and received a 2021 VIN. He thinks they move them forward in December.

At this point I don't really care about the model year as I'll probably keep it 5 years or more and I ordered at a much lower price back in May 2021. I'll take what ever VIN they send me as long as the vehicle is a recent manufacture, passes my inspection, and not an earlier "rejected car" with visible repairs.

And I can live with the delays as long as I see something delivered in the next few months.