Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this fleet of refreshes headed South on I-75 in Florida yesterday. Sadly, it didn’t include my order.

Attachments

• 2CFFA8ED-88F6-4029-842B-85E4253C78DD.jpeg
    2CFFA8ED-88F6-4029-842B-85E4253C78DD.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 81
RN11512. . . still holding at 11/14-12/12. I had expected a push backwards this week based on reading here. . nothing yet.

My SA, who I believe is at a call center somewhere on the west coast, insists that they cannot see build dates or give any estimate on when my car will enter production. I did get a confirmation for all season tires, so that is good (I am in WI).

Reactions: jackk
It would be nice if you included your order information in your signature. See mine below for an exampl

It would be nice if you included your order information in your signature. See mine below for an example.
How do I update my signature?

RN:1142XXX White/Black 19s. Order Date Nov'19 -> Profile Update -> May'21. EDD Aug 15~Aug 29, Sept 16~23, Sept 26~30th, Nov 4th~24th.

Some info for those hoping to have Tesla rate match on financing, as of this quarter they are no longer rate matching. Bummer because although DCU are giving me 1.24% they want me to DD all of my wages. Guess it's still too good of an offer to turn down, and I have been says for years I should move away from evil Wells Fargo...

Reactions: donandersonjr
I am sure this has been asked before: For those who have been waiting 10 months or more, if they offered you a car but you learned that it was one of those built before May that have been sitting in the Tesla lot baking in the sun for the past six months, would you take it?
No. I saw all those drone videos of Model S waiting outside and I was like “I don’t want one of those.“

No. I saw all those drone videos of Model S waiting outside and I was like “I don’t want one of those.“

I'm new here, and I've seen several references to this "reject lot" or "bastard lot" with VINs less than 430xxxx. What is the concern here? Are the cars inferior in some way vs. a newer one? Is it a pre-redesign? I can't imagine it would be the pre-redesign since that's essentially an entirely different vehicle. And does it apply to Model S only? What about 3/Y/X?

EDIT: Searching for these terms don't result in anything definitive. Lots of random posts talking about it and folks rejecting deliveries, but nothing about what the issues are.

A good news, bad news day for me. The range narrowed for my EDD. Estimated Delivery: November 09 - November 15. A pretty tight grouping for Tesla. No VIN yet. Unfortunately it is about 90% likely it will conflict with a business trip.

We are in the process of moving quite a bit away so no chance for a family member to pick it up. I spoke to my SA and I have 2 basic options. Once I have a VIN, I can unmatch from it and wait for the next one like my config that is built or punt it for about 3 months. The next one could be pretty quick or it could be pretty long. They have no way of knowing.

I don't want to take delivery of the car in our new location either as sale tax and license fees are markedly higher than the pretty low ones where I am at. There is an outside chance I could maybe adjust my business trip a day or two depending on when the exact date.

OTOH hand, if one of the early VINs (i.e. setting the parking lot for months) I'll likely pass. If it is a later VIN, I am more inclined to find a way to make it work If I can. Or if I wait a bit longer, we'll be in 2022 model year. Might be a bit of an advantage for depreciation's sake. If the car just came earlier, as originally told (Aug-Sep) none of this would be an issue.

I'm new here, and I've seen several references to this "reject lot" or "bastard lot" with VINs less than 430xxxx. What is the concern here? Are the cars inferior in some way vs. a newer one? Is it a pre-redesign? I can't imagine it would be the pre-redesign since that's essentially an entirely different vehicle. And does it apply to Model S only? What about 3/Y/X?

EDIT: Searching for these terms don't result in anything definitive. Lots of random posts talking about it and folks rejecting deliveries, but nothing about what the issues are.
My concern is sun damage to the paint and interior. Although the cars probably only have a minimal amount my cars are always covered or garaged therefore look new and smell new.

Reactions: Tigers

The have basically just been sitting a lot, and for lack of a better term, just rotting. Due to issues, shortages, whatever, they weren't able to complete the builds earlier so they just parked them out in the weather until able to complete them until now. At least that is how I understand it. I always garage my cars so sitting out continuously for 6-9 months is probably as much weather as my car would see in 3-4 years of normal driving. It leaves the garage, goes to work, trip, play, etc. and then back to the garage. At work it is in a garage. At the airport in a garage.