Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it just depends how long you intend to keep the car. This close to the 2022 model year (assuming it happens 12/1 or already happened 11/1, not really sure?), and considering I will probably sell my model S for my cybertruck toward the end of next year, it makes sense for me to wait potentially a few weeks for a few thousand dollars difference in value. Idk though if they offer me a MF vin delivered by 12/3 I will probably still take it because I want the car for a road trip.
then cancel the s and let another take the spot. Insane we have people waiting for a year and others not waiting as long being blessed with a vin and turning it down.. No way cybertruck is available next year they cant even push out a retooled s

Just curious why anyone would think Lucid will be able to overcome the issues that Tesla has, not to mention all other manufacturers. Yes they can learn how unhappy Tesla customers are with the lack of communication. Accurate communication, if and when available would settle most issues of the disgruntled. To think they will be up and running at a respectable volume anytime soon seems a bit short sited to me.
Lucid's entire executive team was at Tesla during the hell time. Their whole purpose at Lucid is to avoid that hell.

Reactions: glide
If trends are any indication, that two week window is your final one. And you would expect a VIN five to seven days in advance of it. At which time the window will shrink to about a week within that two week window.

Example:
My EDD range was 11/12 to 11/26 since 10/30.
VIN received 11/5; car was built 11/4
EDD range went to 11/17 to 11/26 same day as VIN
SA says my car should be in Houston between 11/11 and 11/19 - so the delivery date could be earlier than the one week range, but do not bank on it. I am expecting to pickup the car 11/19, 11/20 or 11/21. If it happens to come 11/11 and can be picked up 11/12 or 11/13 - good for me. It is going to sit in my garage until PPF and tint appointment anyways, so I am in no rush to start monthly car payments and pay for insurance.
That is reassuring. But what a ridiculous system.

Reactions: cwanja
I am a RN1153 with a delivery of 11/9 to 12/7, Today is 11/9, am I due for a EDD change, or will this hold? Just starting to get over anxious and appreciate any insights on how my EDD will be updated.
I am RN1151 and my EDD is tomorrow, also with no VIN. My guess is that it will update in the next few days to something later.
BTW, please post your config. You can add it to your signature after you have some more posts here.

I am a RN1153 with a delivery of 11/9 to 12/7, Today is 11/9, am I due for a EDD change, or will this hold? Just starting to get over anxious and appreciate any insights on how my EDD will be updated.
I am RN1151 and my EDD is tomorrow, also with no VIN. My guess is that it will update in the next few days to something later.
BTW, please post your config. You can add it to your signature after you have some more posts here.
I’m about a week out from my latest EDD. I must say, the waiting for the VIN with a date so close is so much worse. I’ve been checking my account like every 20-30 minutes. Fully preparing myself for the same scenario with an EDD getting pushed right at the start of my window.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
VIN DAY.
4C8EED82-56E0-45C4-925E-2698E0AD867D.jpeg

How are people getting deliveries when they ordered in the summer? I ordered Jan 29th RN1144 MSM LR S and my date just got pushed back another month today to the end of Dec. I don't even realistically expect it shipped the last two weeks during Christmas either.

WTF?
I ordered in February and have had an EDD range in December. Then it randomly shifted after over a month and I got a VIN a couple of days later. Keep hope alive!