Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN on Wednesday 11/10/21. My delivery window moved up a bit - November 21 to 27. It had previously been November 25 to 29.

I have to put in a shameless plug for Digital Federal Credit Union. Excellent rates, term options and full funding. They understand the Tesla ordering / finance process. You may spend some time on hold when you call them, plan accordingly, but once you get to someone they are uniformly helpful, know their stuff and make sure your issue gets resolved.

Went over to my SC on Saturday and talked to an SA. They said my car was built on 11/11/21. They expect it to arrive here in Kansas City no later than 11/26. Tentative pickup date of 11/29. He said they've had very few LRs delivered here, mostly Plaids. He also said they're delivering a huge amount of Model 3s and Ys. He said around 10 -15 a day. Seems like a large amount, but they had a lot of them on the lot.

Reactions: Pdubs and gbailey
I received my VIN on Wednesday 11/10/21. My delivery window moved up a bit - November 21 to 27. It had previously been November 25 to 29.

I have to put in a shameless plug for Digital Federal Credit Union. Excellent rates, term options and full funding. They understand the Tesla ordering / finance process. You may spend some time on hold when you call them, plan accordingly, but once you get to someone they are uniformly helpful, know their stuff and make sure your issue gets resolved.
What kind of terms/rate did you get? Looking at DCU vs Stanford right now.

What kind of terms/rate did you get? Looking at DCU vs Stanford right now.
I just priced DCU today. Waiting for approval but they will give you 1.74% pretty much to start. You can get another 50bps if you do direct deposit but on a 60 month term it wasn’t really worth it to me. The guy working with me on it said that his system is showing my VIN with equity of $97k so I’m above water from minute 0 - he thinks it’s not unrealistic to get financed at my full out the door price around 90k without a penny down… but we’ll see.

Would love to hear if Stanford will beat without too many hoops to jump through!

Whelp… after a bunch of refreshing and constantly checking my phone today, I’m right where I started. Assuming no updates tomorrow I’ll be calling my SA to see what’s up. With so much good news flowing around, I’ve got to get a little bit myself!
I hear you. There sure is a lot of good news flowing around. I’m going to channel @Louiedog and try to be optimistic. VIN coming this week!

Just got this message from my local SC

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I don't understand how a firmware update is going to delay my delivery so far out.

I'm probably going to reach out my friend who is head of service over at the other SC in town. I'm not going to delay this delivery over a software update I can run out of my garage...

Edit: I should note I was scheduled for 11/20. I've got a road trip the next day. If I don't have the car for that trip, I'm just going to cancel the order completely.
Totally possible. I think they had to do this back in June or August and deliveries were on hold for two weeks if I recall correctly. That kind of sucks for my tentative delivery timeline of 11/17 through 11/23. Will post here once I know more.

The only flip side to this is vehicles might come with the latest firmware as opposed to sitting for a few weeks. Alternatively, they might just do another .10X release for whatever emergency changes they need to include.
Someone in the main thread got a similar message.

Soo started one of those friendly chats aka, undercover intel collection with a SA at a tesla snow room. Small talk like yea I have a S on order.. nice improvements blah blah… hey, while I’m here can you check on my order from back in July… “sure!” Bang bang on the keys.. ohh man, the way you’re positioned for a build date of end of Jan, which means the earliest you will see your car mid to late February for sure.. well *sugar*.. I said. Hey can you look in your magic inventory box? -yea let’s see, what are your requirements?
..um as close to what I have on order. Red/white Long Range. Bang bang on keys.. nope no long ranges at all.. however I do see a few red/white PLAIDs close by that can be shipped… eyebrow raises up.. you don’t say… blah blah blah.. creates new order, assigns the red/white PLAID VIN to new order. (08Nov birth date)Keeps the long range order.. have two weeks to figure out my life… boy the wife is gonna be mad.

Well, there’s the update. Pushed back to 12/1-12/15… pretty bummed out, but not unexpected. Those dates are terrible for me though, so I’m really expecting this to now get pushed to January due to my crazy travel schedule.

Ok @Pdubs now that my EDD is officially in the first week of December, when we assume the 60 day window post 2022 VIN filing will be in December, I really think I might defer my car until I get a ‘22 in January. Especially since I’m sure the delivery is going to be so tricky in December. I’m out of the country for half of my EDD, but I should be back towards the end of it. Here’s to hoping I’ll get a ‘22 VIN and they’ll somehow nail my delivery during the 6 days I’m in town mid December.

Congrats to those picking up in the next few weeks! Just knowing they’re getting LRs out does give me some peace. @thunderjones I want to see some pics of that Black/Cream/19” to hold me over!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e and Pdubs
Anyone here from Jacksonville Florida who placed a MS LR? I placed my MS LR order on 6/15 (black exterior, cream interior, 21” wheels). Like most, my delivery dates have bounced all over the place. As of today (latest bump), EDD is 12/11-12/31 (for now, my dates have never hit 2022). Trying to figure out Florida logistics. I imagine Tesla will deliver several to the state each time a truck makes it over (given Floridas shape/infrastructure).

Anyone here from Jacksonville Florida who placed a MS LR? I placed my MS LR order on 6/15 (black exterior, cream interior, 21” wheels). Like most, my delivery dates have bounced all over the place. As of today (latest bump), EDD is 12/11-12/31 (for now, my dates have never hit 2022). Trying to figure out Florida logistics. I imagine Tesla will deliver several to the state each time a truck makes it over (given Floridas shape/infrastructure).
Do know someone from jax with an order. They ordered back near may and their date I believe is towards end of december. not really much help but its all I have.

If it makes you feel better I ordered in feb and we have nearly the same edds

I don’t know about Florida logistics other than my one call into the SA. She told me Florida is basically the farthest delivery point from Fremont. She told me from California it goes to Birmingham then down. Without a VIN, it’s anybody's guess. Sit tight, it’ll happen.