Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today out of the blue I got a VIN and a 6 day delivery window. Yesterday my EDD was February 27 - March 27. I have a 2021 product. VIN is 5YJSA1E54MFxxxxxx

RN 11524 placed July 1, 2022. White; Black interior, 19s and FSD. Delivery to Alpharetta, GA (north Atlanta suburb)

This is my third Model S. I will be paying cash. Will compare Tesla trade vs CarMax and Carvana. Georgia has a fee structure that functionally is 7% sales tax on the net money paid to Tesla. Unless I can sell my current Model S for 107% of the Tesla offer, it is less expensive to accept Tesla's offer.

Last edited:
I am one of those who has a delivery hold. The SA I talked to said that he’s hoping the firmware update will happen this Wednesday 11/17, which he said will hopefully mean I‘ll be able to pick it up at my scheduled appointment on Friday 11/19.

Other folks have gotten deliveries, it’s not affecting all MS. Some (like me) are speculating there is a particular component that was replaced and requires something custom in the firmware.
Cool, that's the rumor I've heard from elsewhere. I'll give them a call later tomorrow to see if it's released or is imminent.

I'll probably also reach out to my friend who is Regional Manager for body shop operations and was previously the Service Manager at Tesla Marietta. He might be able to give me a little more technical rundown on what's actually going on. I'll report back with anything I find.

Today out of the blue I got a VIN and a 6 day delivery window. Yesterday my EDD was February 27 - March 27. I have a 2022 product. VIN is 5YJSA1E54MFxxxxxx

RN 11524 placed July 1, 2022. White; Black interior, 19s and FSD. Delivery to Alpharetta, GA (north Atlanta suburb)

This is my third Model S. I will be paying cash. Will compare Tesla trade vs CarMax and Carvana. Georgia has a fee structure that functionally is 7% sales tax on the net money paid to Tesla. Unless I can sell my current Model S for 107% of the Tesla offer, it is less expensive to accept Tesla's offer.

Hey neighbor! Your car might be on the same truck as mine. When did they say they were receiving it at the SC?

Today out of the blue I got a VIN and a 6 day delivery window. Yesterday my EDD was February 27 - March 27. I have a 2021 product. VIN is 5YJSA1E54MFxxxxxx

the first 3 after the MF are the important part for tracking purposes. everything before it is the same for everyone

edit: what's your new EDD range?

Reactions: cwanja
Cool, that's the rumor I've heard from elsewhere. I'll give them a call later tomorrow to see if it's released or is imminent.

I'll probably also reach out to my friend who is Regional Manager for body shop operations and was previously the Service Manager at Tesla Marietta. He might be able to give me a little more technical rundown on what's actually going on. I'll report back with anything I find.

Hey neighbor! Your car might be on the same truck as mine. When did they say they were receiving it at the SC?
I have not heard from Alpharetta yet. I checked my EDD this morning and it was in 2023. I did get an email about 4:30pm which I did not see saying it was time to send them money. I did Katie (the SA who is working with me) asking her to ping the car. I don't know that can be done, but it has been reported in this thread as doable. In any event, I expect she will reply tomorrow with more information.

You list yourself as Atlanta - does that mean you will be getting delivery at Decatur?

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
I have not heard from Alpharetta yet. I checked my EDD this morning and it was in 2023. I did get an email about 4:30pm which I did not see saying it was time to send them money. I did Katie (the SA who is working with me) asking her to ping the car. I don't know that can be done, but it has been reported in this thread as doable. In any event, I expect she will reply tomorrow with more information.

You list yourself as Atlanta - does that mean you will be getting delivery at Decatur?
Nope, I'm up in East Cobb now, so I'm getting it at Alpharetta. Katie is the same SA I talked with yesterday too.

Pinging the car should work the same as pulling it up in the mobile app. They have cell service, so they should work anywhere (particularly if it's in transit on a major highway). I'm sure Tesla does this internally during the delivery process to keep things up to date in their systems without having to bug the shipper. The question will be if Katie is willing to share that info with you or not.

Several White/Black configs getting VINS, and most several weeks behind me in the order queue. That gives me some hope. I keep refreshing my account every 15 minutes hoping to get some love. My latest EDD starts tomorrow. I've been in this spot before though...
I ordered the same config 1 day before you, and I have the same EDD. But I have to admit that I'm not hopeful of getting it within my EDD.
I'm in the bay area, so deliveries will mostly be end of quarter. Hoping sometime before Christmas, but if that doesn't happen, it's another 2-3 months wait. My EDD has followed the same pattern as yours (Sept EOQ followed by Oct, Nov and now Dec).

Reactions: dschol and Jabbahop
I ordered the same config 1 day before you, and I have the same EDD. But I have to admit that I'm not hopeful of getting it within my EDD.
I'm in the bay area, so deliveries will mostly be end of quarter. Hoping sometime before Christmas, but if that doesn't happen, it's another 2-3 months wait. My EDD has followed the same pattern as yours (Sept EOQ followed by Oct, Nov and now Dec).
@pvdoug is also following the same exact pattern: same configs and similar locale (except we are a few hours south of you). My prediction is that our EDDs will be unchanged tomorrow, and on the following day, will change for the worse. Yep, I am such an optimist...

Reactions: pvdoug and Jet007
Several White/Black configs getting VINs, and most several weeks behind me in the order queue. That gives me some hope. I keep refreshing my account every 15 minutes hoping to get some love. My latest EDD starts tomorrow. I've been in this spot before though...

I strongly believe Tesla is going to deliver east coast and Midwest orders first then west coast orders at the end of q4 since it will be much easier and more predictable to get the cars delivered by 12/31.

Took delivery on Saturday. Car far exceeded my expectations. Never owned an EV. All transitions to an EV are none issues. As someone who was allows a bottom of the wheel driver the yoke is perfect. No issues with turn signals but do not like the horn placement. Now the painful wait for tinting and ceramic coating. Going to be a long few days.

To summarize I think anyone taking a chance and waiting for a 22 are out of their minds. Take what fate gives you and enjoy the hell out of it.

Sorry about the picture composition. A storm was rolling in as I brought her home. Will upload better pics after tint and ceramic.

Attachments

• E6B44AFC-3A60-4967-A6D6-B5B081CF1CCB.jpeg
    E6B44AFC-3A60-4967-A6D6-B5B081CF1CCB.jpeg
    980.5 KB · Views: 77