Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent. I googled Tesla VIN finder and see that it is a Chrome extension to search for a hidden VIN. I installed it and.... Nada for me :confused:
I hope this is accurate for you and this VIN sticks!
I installed chrome just for this extension as I’m not usually a fan. Have been checking it obsessively every day for weeks. Typically I found changes occurred to the EDD at around 5.50am Mountain time.
It’s been a wild ride of late having hit the start of the EDD 5 times and each time having it pushed back. A few days ago it switched to a 14 day window with no VIN.
Today, at around 8am, the EDD changed to the 7 day window you see and I found the VIN via the extension.
SA messaged at around 12 to say I had a VIN and are there any days coming up when I’m not available.
He says it’s still in production so no firm EDD yet. I’m guessing the EDD shown is unlikely unless it’s pretty much built already and will ship in a couple of days.

Reactions: dschol and Vinny860
I stayed away from this forum because I decided the tesla EDDs are crap especially when my car was scheduled EoQ Q3.
Now, the last 8 days, my EDD has moved 2 days forward everytime I hit the start of the window. So, its moved 4 times in 8 days, symmetrically 2 days out start of window and 2 days out end of window.
Has anyone seen this pattern?
As of today, it moved another 2 days making it the 5th move.

I stayed away from this forum because I decided the tesla EDDs are crap especially when my car was scheduled EoQ Q3.
Now, the last 8 days, my EDD has moved 2 days forward everytime I hit the start of the window. So, its moved 4 times in 8 days, symmetrically 2 days out start of window and 2 days out end of window.
Has anyone seen this pattern?
As of today, it moved another 2 days making it the 5th move.
We have seen every pattern imaginable, which means there is no discernible pattern! I had 14 EDD date range moves. Only he knows the truth.....
monkey.gif

Seems fishy but hope it’s legit
he posted screenshots of his profile page on another thread. main page says 2022, no vin on details page. very fishy, considering that doesn't change till there's a vin actually visible on the details page. but hey. who knows. plus, Canada, so he won't actually get it till 2022 lol.

edit and has the same EDD as mine, yea .... idk

I don’t see your VIN on your account page. 🤔

edit: Also I haven’t seen a 457 posted yet. So confused how it’s been 456 recently then you get a 458? 🤷‍♂️
No; vin is not on main page yet but from what I’ve seen, that’s not too unusual. I’ve seen others where the VIN appears in source code several days before the main page so 🤷‍♂️

I’ll keep this thread updated in the coming days with any updates.

No; vin is not on main page yet but from what I’ve seen, that’s not too unusual. I’ve seen others where the VIN appears in source code several days before the main page so 🤷‍♂️

I’ll keep this thread updated in the coming days with any updates.
fingers crossed. but there's not many that have seen source code VINs. does seem to happen more internationally from what I've seen. but usually the first page doesn't change. cool though. I thought I'd feel some regret seeing a NF and being so close to mine being here. but this has been way too long, I don't care it's a 2021 hah :)

fingers crossed. but there's not many that have seen source code VINs. does seem to happen more internationally from what I've seen. but usually the first page doesn't change. cool though. I thought I'd feel some regret seeing a NF and being so close to mine being here. but this has been way too long, I don't care it's a 2021 hah :)
To be honest, I don’t really care that it’s a NF. It’s the same car, and I plan on keeping it for so long that being a 2022 will have zero effect when it comes for sale.
I would have happily accepted a 21 if it meant getting it sooner and fully expected one of the cars parked by the race track the last few months. I would have still been happy.

NO. text from my SA is all vague. He said it "is still pretty far out from Florida". Whatever that means.
You can call Tesla and ask them to ping your car via the cars GPS system. On their system they have a satellite image map with a small Tesla model s icon which represents your car. Once they ping your car, the map shows where your car currently is at any given time in transit to the SC.

I went to my local SC and one of the SAs actually showed me what I just explained above, on his computer.

I had Tesla ping my car a few times over the last 2 weeks and was told it was in the Fremont rail yard, once somewhere in the Nebraska area, and more recently in the Chicago rail yard.

Maybe give this a try if you’re looking for some answers!

No Model S 2022 has been delivered. So we have no clue. The expectation is no. Tesla also does not make ‘major’ model year changes. They might make some changes between years, but not a redesign exterior or something.
Someone posted today that got NF vin in canada, but i dont trust that. Picture look weird. Not from tesla account. Rest of dont know , maybe its just me .

Someone posted today that got NF vin in canada, but i dont trust that. Picture look weird. Not from tesla account. Rest of dont know , maybe its just me .
I find it quite amusing that there are people who question the authenticity of my post. I mean, I understand. I saw the Reddit furore a week or so ago where someone claimed to have a 2022 model S and later admitted they lied.

The picture is from the Tesla VIN Finder plug-in that searches the source code. A well known and well documented way to find your VIN usually days before it arrives on the main page.

Someone had to be the first to be the first to post with a 2022 VIN. Apparently it’s me (and I get all tbd internet points for the day! (Sarcasm)). I’m sure more will appear in the coming days.

On the one hand, I couldn’t care less if people think I’m lying. On the other hand, it does annoy me that people think I may be lying. Name what I can do to prove it (short of giving you my password!) and I’ll do it.

Whether Tesla pull through and deliver a 2022 is out of my control. But that’s what they are telling me right now.

I find it quite amusing that there are people who question the authenticity of my post. I mean, I understand. I saw the Reddit furore a week or so ago where someone claimed to have a 2022 model S and later admitted they lied.

The picture is from the Tesla VIN Finder plug-in that searches the source code. A well known and well documented way to find your VIN usually days before it arrives on the main page.

Someone had to be the first to be the first to post with a 2022 VIN. Apparently it’s me (and I get all tbd internet points for the day! (Sarcasm)). I’m sure more will appear in the coming days.

On the one hand, I couldn’t care less if people think I’m lying. On the other hand, it does annoy me that people think I may be lying. Name what I can do to prove it (short of giving you my password!) and I’ll do it.

Whether Tesla pull through and deliver a 2022 is out of my control. But that’s what they are telling me right now.
Congrats that you the first one got NF, it’s nothing against you brother, when i read today and got so excited that finally 2022 VIN starts and rest of us going to get 2022. Then someone else got assigned today for 2021. Hopefully from now on all new post shows NF. If you dont mind asking you, whats first 3 after NF. Last one on MF i heard 456.

Reactions: aerodyne
It’s just a little fishy. Everyone else can screen shot their Tesla account. I hope it’s the truth. Luckily no one ever lies on the internet.
I understand. It would take seconds for me to photoshop it to make it look like a 2023 if I wanted. I get that it’s super easy to do and people on the net are not necessarily trustworthy.
I also think that photoshopping it are seconds of my life I’ll never get back.

For whatever it’s worth. This is not a lie and not a joke.

I take no real offence.

i guess I’m just confused; what value does Tesla get from cutting over somewhat randomly in November? Especially after pushing out a whole slew of cars in the past week judging by this board?

Maybe it has something to do with the moment of VIN assignment - I’m not a real car guy, so I don’t know, but maybe it gets assigned once certain parts are produced regardless of when the whole car comes together… and under that logic if they produced a whole slew of parts in say September but didn’t finish assembly till November 5, here we go.

Strange and frustrating. Second time Tesla has killed me on resale.