Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those with the updated APP, my car is built and on a train somewhere and my app says the same default “We’re building your car” message, so I think it may be more of a generic default message than a true indication of progress.
Probably so until you have a delivery appointment. Would be stellar if they just gave you the location of transit.

Mine says the delivery appointment details. Although it looks like a home delivery, since it lists my address, instead of the delivery center address for pickup. Website still reflects the right address.

Probably so until you have a delivery appointment. Would be stellar if they just gave you the location of transit.

Mine says the delivery appointment details. Although it looks like a home delivery, since it lists my address, instead of the delivery center address for pickup. Website still reflects the right address.
mine is the same. has my home address. online shows the right address.

Yes. Got a Vin. NF458. A 2022! Delivery 1-5th December. App updated.

Question for Texans - the website says they need new car on insurance for delivery. I understood that newly purchased vehicles are automatically covered for 2 weeks on old policy. I have already uploaded image of current insurance card (with current 2015 Model S VIN), app says insurance step completed - it has a nice green check mark. Is it necessary to get policy updated before delivery in Texas?

Awesome. Thanks!

So MF4640 to MF4546 so far. Maybe not everyone in between. But that’s what I am going off of now. So roughly 700 cars so far.

No word on my 4648 VIN. They did not make any indication mine was on hold when I scheduled my delivery appointment. Will ask tomorrow when I stop by. If they release the firmware tomorrow, all of this is for nothing.

@Tigers what is your VIN number?
Just to keep this running, a Plaid MF4534 on Reddit confirmed it is on hold as well. So the range expands.

MF4534 to 4546 so far. Again, not sure if every vehicle in the range is included. We would be over 1000 vehicles at this point.

Question for Texans - the website says they need new car on insurance for delivery. I understood that newly purchased vehicles are automatically covered for 2 weeks on old policy. I have already uploaded image of current insurance card (with current 2015 Model S VIN), app says insurance step completed - it has a nice green check mark. Is it necessary to get policy updated before delivery in Texas?
Yes, the DMV requires it for issuing temporary tags. You can add it to your insurance policy with a later effective date and then get your agent to issue new cards.

I added my Model S back on the 10th or 11th, uploaded to Tesla and have moved the "effective on" date as my delivery appointment has moved around.

From my experience, the checkmark means nothing. I had to call in to verify my insurance was correct and "viewable" by them because sometimes they don't see what you can see on your page. (took several calls, and they weren't so clear that they couldn't see my insurance despite the webpage saying its uploaded and completed.)
After the insurance was properly added (manually by emailing insurance documents, they claim it takes 3 days to process for temp tags, etc.) I received a text saying, "This message is to confirm that you have completed all steps required for delivery.."

Just to keep this running, a Plaid MF4534 on Reddit confirmed it is on hold as well. So the range expands.

MF4534 to 4546 so far. Again, not sure if every vehicle in the range is included. We would be over 1000 vehicles at this point.
How many S's have been delivered so far, LR and Plaid? Is it like 8k or 9k? I know Tesla consolidates their reports on the X and S but I think only a smidgen of X's so let's treat them almost all as S - so does that mean if say, 10k delivered and now an additional 1k of them are on hold? that's a lot. i can't imagine the Fremont factory, parking lots, and SCs being able to hold 1,000. then again, there were at it's peak, i believe 452 in the dusty lot. so maybe they do have capacity for a full 1k (or more)

Reactions: neadams99
How many S's have been delivered so far, LR and Plaid? Is it like 8k or 9k? I know Tesla consolidates their reports on the X and S but I think only a smidgen of X's so let's treat them almost all as S - so does that mean if say, 10k delivered and now an additional 1k of them are on hold? that's a lot. i can't imagine the Fremont factory, parking lots, and SCs being able to hold 1,000. then again, there were at it's peak, i believe 452 in the dusty lot. so maybe they do have capacity for a full 1k (or more)
There were 9,000 in Q3. We are halfway through Q4, so if you say half of Q3 numbers then 13,500 have been delivered since they started delivering the refresh. No clue how many more X's have been delivered - probably in the hundreds. Maybe a thousand.

You have to remember that it is not just cars parked at Freemont. There are cars in transit and cars waiting at service centers. Various service centers have offsite lots where they park cars. It is definitely possible. A post somewhere mentioned that 10 sitting in Austin were all on hold. There are three delivery centers alone in Houston, so let's say 10 each - that is 40 already and we have only included two major cities in Texas and only accounting for one service center in one of those cities.

Got pushed back again this morning. Edd was a 2 week window (11/19-12/3) now it’s 12/10-12/30 no vin still. This blows, will be 10 months since I ordered 🙄
I bet you get a VIN today or tomorrow. This same thing happened to my on my first day of EDD and a few hours later I had a VIN

I spoke with Tesla today and they mentioned that the software update is expected to be automatically rolled out to all cars at some point today. According to the SA, it’s an automatic push to each car even if it’s in transit and I’m still scheduled for Monday delivery, but if that software push doesn’t actually get pushed today, then they will delay my delivery.

If anyone else hears any news about the firmware hold, please do share!

Are those original cars still in that dusty lot or have they been shipped by now? Been a long time.

Reactions: flippingrich