Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great. So you would recommend them?

I like the fact that they are a little smaller than the 21s, tires are cheaper, and would be able to rotate the tires.

I bought new TPMS and made a complete set so I can put the 21s back on in the spring when warmer. At this point, I will not be putting the 21s back on.

I think if I did it over, I may (big may) got the Martian 20" rout just to get the narrower front.

To me, I cannot like the 19" wheel on this size of a car - mainly looks. The 21 sidewall was not bad but this 20 seems to take much more of the edge off bumps and such, Just a good solid ride - feels very much in control.

Tesla confirmed alignment was still spot on after 15k miles with the 21's. The new wheels were roadforced balanced. Unless I see weird wear, I will probably not rotate.

My purpose is not to have a sports car but a great touring sport sedan.

My delivery date was pushed back AGAIN today. I have been within a 2 week window twice now and the day of the start of the window, they bump me out another 2+ weeks.

Of course I have a pre-price hike order with an original delivery estimate of June.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
When did u order? my 6/28 order is now pushed back to mar - apr

I guess its nothing to with order date, someone near me got car, even though ordered 20 days later then mine. Same configuration same everything, only difference was mine is with FSD and his not.
If you lurk on these pages long enough you will learn about the theory of the robotic monkey Tesla uses to assign cars. It follows no known laws of nature, physics or whatever. It does follow the laws of chaos which by definition are not laws.

I bought new TPMS and made a complete set so I can put the 21s back on in the spring when warmer. At this point, I will not be putting the 21s back on.

I think if I did it over, I may (big may) got the Martian 20" rout just to get the narrower front.

To me, I cannot like the 19" wheel on this size of a car - mainly looks. The 21 sidewall was not bad but this 20 seems to take much more of the edge off bumps and such, Just a good solid ride - feels very much in control.

Tesla confirmed alignment was still spot on after 15k miles with the 21's. The new wheels were roadforced balanced. Unless I see weird wear, I will probably not rotate.

My purpose is not to have a sports car but a great touring sport sedan.
That’s a good approach too @Hayseed_MS. Where did you get the new type TPMS? Gotta link?

If you lurk on these pages long enough you will learn about the theory of the robotic monkey Tesla uses to assign cars. It follows no known laws of nature, physics or whatever. It does follow the laws of chaos which by definition are not laws.
Yes thats what i always say that its lottery system, you get lucky when its your time. I really dont want to jump upfront in line from someone who’s waiting and ordered before me but i dont want to get back in line either. Still don’t understand this RN order number .

Reactions: Vinny860
I could use some advice from the brain trust. I finally got the text to schedule delivery of my car! They want to do home delivery. Is that a bad idea since I won’t be able to inspect the interior, or should I just do it? I highly doubt I’d reject the car unless there’s something egregious that can’t be fixed.

Also, should I go for the first available delivery date or wait an extra two days to have it delivered on my birthday? 🤪

(As an aside for anyone dealing with DCU, they’ve been pretty slow, so I may just have to punt on financing the car and pay cash. I don’t really want to delay delivery because DCU can’t get its act together.)

I could use some advice from the brain trust. I finally got the text to schedule delivery of my car! They want to do home delivery. Is that a bad idea since I won’t be able to inspect the interior, or should I just do it? I highly doubt I’d reject the car unless there’s something egregious that can’t be fixed.

Also, should I go for the first available delivery date or wait an extra two days to have it delivered on my birthday? 🤪

(As an aside for anyone dealing with DCU, they’ve been pretty slow, so I may just have to punt on financing the car and pay cash. I don’t really want to delay delivery because DCU can’t get its act together.)

I would do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Having store delivery, if there is a problem, you can schedule service right away.