Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery tomorrow for an MF430! Yes, I know you're wondering what the heck an MF430 is doing this late when there are NF vins. 2 weeks ago I called to order an inventory Model S. They said they have a couple of damaged in transport long ranges in Orlando. (I am leasing so the value of the car doesn't matter much to me) My advisor stated they were all repaired (the things wrong were some scratches on the underside and a small scratch somewhere on the paint) so I ordered the car. The big day is tomorrow at 6pm. I hope the car is actually fully fixed but we shall find out knowing Tesla. What do you guys think? Anyhow, I'm super excited!!
btw: they gave me a 3k discount for all the damages and the car has 16 miles on the odometer so it's still brand new.
I think this is fantastic! If the car is leased, then you have no concerns about resale value. If there are any damages, Tesla will fix them. You will never notice nor care. You got a LR car in just two weeks and for less than anyone else here has paid. Spectacular work!

I think this is fantastic! If the car is leased, then you have no concerns about resale value. If there are any damages, Tesla will fix them. You will never notice nor care. You got a LR car in just two weeks and for less than anyone else here has paid. Spectacular work!
I plan to buy (switched from leasing when my lease offer expired a couple of months ago) but that might have been enough to push me back into a lease - i think it's a great move - and it should be documented, so if there are paint issues on return you should be fine...

I'm honestly confused...scheduled for pick up Wednesday, called Tuesday to just to check in: "sorry, it's still in Fremont, it'll be here Thursday". Called Wednesday "Sorry it's still in Fremont, it'll be here Friday". Called just now "Sorry, it's still in Fremont, might be there Saturday". At this point I'm ready to make the 10 hour drive and just pick it up myself!

I'm honestly confused...scheduled for pick up Wednesday, called Tuesday to just to check in: "sorry, it's still in Fremont, it'll be here Thursday". Called Wednesday "Sorry it's still in Fremont, it'll be here Friday". Called just now "Sorry, it's still in Fremont, might be there Saturday". At this point I'm ready to make the 10 hour drive and just pick it up myself!

And Elon's monkey earning his keep.

I’m up a 5 everyday. If I go to sleep at 9pm, I’m up at 5. If I go to sleep at 10pm, I’m up at 5. If I go to sleep at 1am, I’m up at 5.
Morale of the story: don’t go to sleep at 1am. Makes for a s**tty day.
Same here, no matter what time i go to sleep, still gets up at 6:00 am. Then rest of day tired.

Reactions: Vinny860
Well, holiday week, give em a little break.
For sure. Like a lot of things, all about expectations. "Definitely will be moving on xyz day", and then to have it still sitting in Fremont is frustrating. Just spoke to a local SA, who said that the main reason a vehicle will keep sitting at Fremont is not due to trucking problems: it's because it hasn't passed inspection yet. That to me is a little worrying, since it's an MF456, which is a few weeks old.

For sure. Like a lot of things, all about expectations. "Definitely will be moving on xyz day", and then to have it still sitting in Fremont is frustrating. Just spoke to a local SA, who said that the main reason a vehicle will keep sitting at Fremont is not due to trucking problems: it's because it hasn't passed inspection yet. That to me is a little worrying, since it's an MF456, which is a few weeks old.
They also just cancelled my pickup, and moved the EDD back a week to I guess remove further frustration. Their explanation is that all Model S's are delayed due to the volume they're producing. The fact that newer builds (those with higher VIN's and NF VINs ) are being delivered makes me wonder what's wrong with this car...

It seems you’re correct. Lots of Whites. Hopefully mine soon.

Looks like they cleared out the overflow lot between 11/15 & 11/22
After talking to my Tesla sales representative today, my delivery date and time is set for 12/6/21 at 2:00PM in Tampa... I'm almost there... Lots of moving parts (Insurance, BoA Loan, auto pay for auto loan, down payment, license plate transfer, sale of my current car to Carvana, EV Studio car accessories, etc), but it seems like I'm finally talking to humans and getting more information to fine tune the alignment of all of these variables... The preparation, also though stalled various times due to moving EDD dates, has proven valuable as game time nears... :) I wish everyone else success in getting there Tesla...

Just thought I'd update my journey so far... I ordered 7/5. In Mid September, I had reached out to my SA as my EDD had moved to the end of Sept. He had responded and said that I should be taking delivery mid to end November. Then my EDD changed to 11/25-12/9, so I reached out to him and he had responded that I should have a VIN assignment by the end of the week 11/19. Of course, I didn't see one, and the EDD changed again to 12/9-12/22, So after not seeing a VIN, @ the end of the week, I asked him again and he replied that it was delayed and should see a VIN in the first 2 weeks of December. So, for the last couple of days I had stopped worrying about a VIN. This morning, I was flipping through my app and got to my S and noticed it wasn't loading properly (the order number showed up - but nothing else), so I checked the website and first noticed that my EDD had changed to 12/10-12/14 and then noticed I had a VIN!!!! Still haven't received official notification via text or email but that's okay... Excited!!!!

Just thought I'd update my journey so far... I ordered 7/5. In Mid September, I had reached out to my SA as my EDD had moved to the end of Sept. He had responded and said that I should be taking delivery mid to end November. Then my EDD changed to 11/25-12/9, so I reached out to him and he had responded that I should have a VIN assignment by the end of the week 11/19. Of course, I didn't see one, and the EDD changed again to 12/9-12/22, So after not seeing a VIN, @ the end of the week, I asked him again and he replied that it was delayed and should see a VIN in the first 2 weeks of December. So, for the last couple of days I had stopped worrying about a VIN. This morning, I was flipping through my app and got to my S and noticed it wasn't loading properly (the order number showed up - but nothing else), so I checked the website and first noticed that my EDD had changed to 12/10-12/14 and then noticed I had a VIN!!!! Still haven't received official notification via text or email but that's okay... Excited!!!!

After all that, I hope you have an NF (2022 code) in your VIN

Reactions: neadams99