Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just dont understand my situation and SA is no help. Feb 28-March 28 Doesnt even make sense! If it was the bounce back to a VIN but its been this way for a while now... :/
Same boat - I'm 1151 MSM w/black (but with 21" and FSD) - ordered in June - almost identical EDD fluctuation. They seem to come in batches - looks like they are delivering a lot of white interior MSLR right now. Hopefully ours comes end of December or January.

I took delivery of my new 2022 Tesla Model S LR AWD today. The place was hopping. Lot's of various new Tesla deliveries. The delivery people were of little value and very un-structured, albeit pleasant. They couldn't help with any of my questions, including various feature configurations or Key FOB programming, or the verification that they were programmed. They didn't go over anything on the car. I'm surprised that they even asked me for my down payment check. I was lucky enough to be able to sit in the car for an hour getting a lay of the land, as this is my first Tesla. I had read the manual and watched the Tesla videos.

My Tesla was missing two rear truck cover pieces for which Tesla is ordering...however nothing was written down. The car looked pretty good, and I will assess the vehicle more tomorrow. The technology is overwhelming...at least at first. I was able to program the Homelink for my two garage doors. I am testing the charging options via a Tesla Wall Connector at my house garage tonight. The wireless charging pads also seem to be either weak or it’s my iPhone case, however, every other wireless charger I have works with the phone case I have. I’m also working to transfer my Sirius XM service to my new Tesla.

Tomorrow the Tesla heads to the shop for a week to get some window tinting done and a few other items.

I wish you all still waiting on your Tesla Model S’s all the best. The car is amazing and I hope it continues to meet my expectations.

2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - Delivery - MEL - 12062021 - 01.jpg
2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - Delivery - MEL - 12062021 - 02.jpg

Contacted SA in Rocklin for options during my EDD (12/16-12/31) since I'll be out of town. Delaying pickup by pausing order would put me back in a questionable part of time so getting it changed to delivery and having someone check over the car within 24 hours after.

Here's to hoping I actually get a car, but also maybe when I get back on the Jan 4th would be nice ;)

Hi, first timer on TMC and as a Tesla owner. This seems like a good place for some details & venting...

Order placed July 23, 2021, got RN 11535___: Model S LR, blue over black, 19" wheels, FSD.
Many EDD shenanigans - for a while they had me at end of September (but no VIN), then wide swings in Oct/Nov...

Nov 30th about 2AM, I happened to start the app and saw a VIN (NF460). Bit of a surprise, I'd given up on 2021.
I start dancing faster to get the loan approved... Had originally checked the box to pay cash (ha!) because I wasn't sure what I would do, so I had to get my SA to make changes to the MVPA to reflect the lender, etc.

Fri, Dec 3rd at 5:08 PM, the text message: "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule..." Cool, nice surprise for the weekend. :D
Sat, Dec 4th at 9:17 AM, a text message saying "If you don't schedule soon, we'll give your car to somebody else." Not amused, they woke me up for this? Went back to sleep... 🛌
Sat, Dec 4th at 12:37 PM, while I'm making brunch - a live phone call from a random SA: "Hi, I'm calling to help schedule your delivery. Yes, right now."

I let her know, as I had my SA, that there was no way I would ever give my online banking credentials to Plaid (3rd party service for ACH). She had answers for that - just spend my time harassing my lender to get pictures of the check once it's cut. Didn't care that it would be sent overnight, we can move faster if you get those pictures! Customer effort is free, right?
I finally agreed, letting her know it was not convenient to change my schedule to do so (no response), and explained twice that I couldn't pick up the car before Friday because of work obligations.

Afterwards, the app shows my pickup appointment - on Thursday... 😡

Excited about the car. Pissed off at the treatment. Surprisingly, "my" SA has not responded to two subsequent email messages, one of which included the request to move the pickup to Friday in the subject line. Still shows Thursday.

I took delivery of my new 2022 Tesla Model S LR AWD today. The place was hopping. Lot's of various new Tesla deliveries. The delivery people were of little value and very un-structured, albeit pleasant. They couldn't help with any of my questions, including various feature configurations or Key FOB programming, or the verification that they were programmed. They didn't go over anything on the car. I'm surprised that they even asked me for my down payment check. I was lucky enough to be able to sit in the car for an hour getting a lay of the land, as this is my first Tesla. I had read the manual and watched the Tesla videos.

My Tesla was missing two rear truck cover pieces for which Tesla is ordering...however nothing was written down. The car looked pretty good, and I will assess the vehicle more tomorrow. The technology is overwhelming...at least at first. I was able to program the Homelink for my two garage doors. I am testing the charging options via a Tesla Wall Connector at my house garage tonight. The wireless charging pads also seem to be either weak or it’s my iPhone case, however, every other wireless charger I have works with the phone case I have. I’m also working to transfer my Sirius XM service to my new Tesla.

Tomorrow the Tesla heads to the shop for a week to get some window tinting done and a few other items.

I wish you all still waiting on your Tesla Model S’s all the best. The car is amazing and I hope it continues to meet my expectations.

View attachment 741514View attachment 741515
Sweet! Enjoy. Mine, too, was missing those two trunk cover pieces. You said "Tesla is ordering them". If you saw them place an order for the items at your delivery appointment, cool. If not, go into your Tesla app and create a service request. Mention the two pieces that are missing in the service request. The service team will then actually place the order for the parts. That is what my SA advised I do, and we created that service order at my delivery appointment. I now have a confirmation document from Tesla that my parts are on order.

View attachment 741514View attachment 741515
You need to make an appointment in the app to have your wireless phone chargers installed once the parts come in. Supply chain shortages. Shame the SA didn’t even bother to tell you parts are missing. Check your USB ports too. My guess is they are actually empty

Sweet! Enjoy. Mine, too, was missing those two trunk cover pieces. You said "Tesla is ordering them". If you saw them place an order for the items at your delivery appointment, cool. If not, go into your Tesla app and create a service request. Mention the two pieces that are missing in the service request. The service team will then actually place the order for the parts. That is what my SA advised I do, and we created that service order at my delivery appointment. I now have a confirmation document from Tesla that my parts are on order.
Thanks! Will do now. Not a peep from the SA on this process... I'm heading back today...

Reactions: rdmdriving
EDD just pushed back to Jan 18 - Feb 15. Order details in signature.
This date range is pretty consistent with other orders from June, from what I'm seeing here. I ordered on June 28th, and my EDD is 1/16 - 2/13, so nearly identical. Several others have very similar EDDs right now. They might not be correct, but they do seem consistent at least!

Reactions: rdmdriving and booo
You need to make an appointment in the app to have your wireless phone chargers installed once the parts come in. Supply chain shortages. Shame the SA didn’t even bother to tell you parts are missing. Check your USB ports too. My guess is they are actually empty
Well they said the wireless charger is there, but it is weak. From what I took that meaning, it is working but the charge rate is slow. Might mean the charging coils are not lining up to give optimal charging rates. @MEL-22

Since we are doing a Chicago area thing my SC is the new Libertyville location. However, my question is did you have to specifically ask for the all seasons tires or they just came? I've read some posts where summer tires were being shipped.
I ask for confirmation on the A/S tires every time I call Tesla and that has been about 3 times. According to my SA (on the phone) they should all arrive with A/S tires in the Chicago area and you don't order them. I asked what to do if my car arrives with Summer tires and he said to decline acceptance. I have seen other people posting that Tesla will either order the A/S tires for you and let you keep the Summer tires or they have offered $1500 to pay for A/S tires that you order yourself from a tire store. The $1500 seems to just cover the cost of tires plus labor to install them. I have priced 3 different brands just in case.

This is one of the reasons why you don't pay in advance. You show up with a cashier's check so you can inspect and have some leverage.

I should be picking mine up in about 10 days so I'll know if this A/S strategy works. 😃

I just took delivery and the wireless charger and ports are there. I didn’t even think i should check that

What do you mean by trunk cover pieces were missing?
Thanks