Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 1151 that has said February for a while now. I have been very much on the fence between a Plaid and LR, the deal is so good on the LR (15k vs 10k on the plaid). But I definitely want more than what my MYP could provide. Especially in the 40-80 range. And then all this talk about a headlight/taillight refresh, I think I'd have more heartburn sitting on a plaid vs a LR I got a smokin' deal on. First world problems..

Thanks so much for sharing. Your empirical experience aligns with my gut reaction regarding going with either the Plaid or LR. When I originally looked at the specs, Tesla was quoting (and still is) 670HP in the LR. That amount of HP coupled with all the instant on torque made me pretty sure that it would make for a very fun street car even if not as quick as the Plaid. I have a lot of hyper quick motorcycles and I can't tell you how rarely I can really exercise their potential on the street and the Plaid would be the same. I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

The times you quoted for Draggy on the LR, was that with our without rollout? Tesla is claiming 3.1 without rollout. Which if compared to how you they measured the M3P and the Plaid, should put it about 2.8-2.9 or so w/rollout. I've posted Motortrend's 2019 quickest AWD sports cars below (pretty similar to R&T's list). The LR fits in with some very quick and expensive supercars quite nicely. Not bad for a 4 door sedan. I think the LR is far and away the best bang for the buck of the Tesla lineup. WIth the money I saved by not buying a Plaid, it paid for our Model Y LR. I can tell you I'll use the capabilities of the MY far more than I would the extra acceleration of the Plaid. Still respect the Plaid a lot but the LR is an awesome street car for the $$$. Diminishing returns always show up at some point.

Quickest AWD Sports Cars 0-60 MPH​

1. 2019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8: 3.2 seconds
  2. 2017 Acura NSX: 3.1 seconds
  3. 2017 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS: 3.0 seconds
  4. 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition: 2.7 seconds
  5. 2005 Bugatti Veyron 16.4: 2.7 seconds
  6. 2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus: 2.6 seconds
  7. 2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante: 2.6 seconds
  8. 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ: 2.5 seconds
  9. 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S: 2.5 seconds
  10. 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder: 2.4 seconds
The times I got were on the same flat road for both from a dead stop using drag strip mode. I was shocked the long range had it. I expected it on the plaid. What surprised me is when I realized how the plaid didn’t feel much different to the long range to 60. The Plaids strength is it’s relentless pull from 60 to its limit. The LR is still amazing rocketing easily to 120 but they are different. Oh my friend thought it was interesting that from the outside watching the car take off he said both cars looked the same to him. One of several hints the long range was the way to go.

The times I got were on the same flat road for both from a dead stop using drag strip mode. I was shocked the long range had it. I expected it on the plaid. What surprised me is when I realized how the plaid didn’t feel much different to the long range to 60. The Plaids strength is it’s relentless pull from 60 to its limit. The LR is still amazing rocketing easily to 120 but they are different. Oh my friend thought it was interesting that from the outside watching the car take off he said both cars looked the same to him. One of several hints the long range was the way to go.
I've talked to another person who owns both the LR (his wife's) and Plaid. His experience:

"The Plaid is in its own league. Punching it at 60, it's like being launched from a slingshot while already in motion.

LR - "Holy f&[}{[ how is this called the Long Range and not Performance?"

Plaid - By the time you read to the end of this comment, it has already gone 1/8 mile from a stop. No time to think any coherent thoughts."

My delivery advisor informed me that my car is scheduled for delivery end of Jan thro early Feb. It seems like they will be producing MSM batch around Jan 15. Keep fingers crossed. I know I was supposed to get end of Dec 2021. I take what she said with grain of salt.
That I hope is good news... However, as expected, my EDD moved to Jan 21-Feb18. Still a 28 day window, not 14 or 7... Hmm.. And so it goes on.....

My delivery advisor informed me that my car is scheduled for delivery end of Jan thro early Feb. It seems like they will be producing MSM batch around Jan 15. Keep fingers crossed. I know I was supposed to get end of Dec 2021. I take what she said with grain of salt.
Hoping my car is in that batch, since my EDD is Feb-Mar for Owings Mills drop off. (Fingers crossed)

Reactions: Neon001 and bhakan
My EDD slipped again once I was inside a 2 week range. For a bit I was at Jan-Feb, then it kept narrowing into Jan, now back to Jan-Feb again. Original date was in October.

I have family coming in 2 weeks and a good friend coming in 6 weeks. Both of these trips are centered around me actually having this car and I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if I’m still waiting 6 weeks from now. This is all absolutely ridiculous. I am definitely going to be shopping around a lot more when I eventually change vehicles again.

My EDD slipped again once I was inside a 2 week range. For a bit I was at Jan-Feb, then it kept narrowing into Jan, now back to Jan-Feb again. Original date was in October.

I have family coming in 2 weeks and a good friend coming in 6 weeks. Both of these trips are centered around me actually having this car and I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if I’m still waiting 6 weeks from now. This is all absolutely ridiculous. I am definitely going to be shopping around a lot more when I eventually change vehicles again.
Your only getting EDD's that say "Jan-Feb" and no exact 3-4 weeks of dates yet? Most of us in Jan or Feb have dates at least like Jan 15 - Feb 15, or so... Assuming you are taking Austin delivery probably like me, although I have the dreaded white interior that slowed everything down. RN1150s seem to be Jan/Feb right now. RN1151s seem more Feb+ RN1152s Feb+ but could slip, etc.

Home delivery scheduled in Seattle just now for next Tuesday!

EDD was most recently Jan 9 - Jan 15 just now.
VIN assigned a few days ago.
NF4647xx.
Delivery Scheduled 1/11/22
Ordered 10/13/21
MSLR, Black exterior, White interior, 21's, no FSD

(Previously had an end-of-quarter push and VIN assigned and pulled in December)
I guess it's true. They really make post price increase buyers priority over pre price buyers. Congratulations!

I guess it's true. They really make post price increase buyers priority over pre price buyers. Congratulations!
It's def odd. When I ordered, it originally said September 2022 as the EDD; a day later, it said April; then, end of quarter, they tried rushing a matched car from Fremont up to me, at which time I fully paid for it. I think the combo of a delivery & match almost happening and causing full payment may have somehow bumped the priority way up.

Well, another push back today.
Every time I get to the start of my EDD window, they push it back.
I've had EDD start dates of Nov 23, Dec 3, Dec 6, Dec 23, Jan 6, Jan 8, and now Feb 4.
My latest window is the longest ever Feb 4 - Mar 4 which to me means they have no clue.
This is getting frustrating.
I sold my 2015 Model SD to a friend at the start of December since I thought I would get delivery in December. I have my old Land Rover which is an adequate backup car but I do miss my Model S.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Well, another push back today.
Every time I get to the start of my EDD window, they push it back.
I've had EDD start dates of Nov 23, Dec 3, Dec 6, Dec 23, Jan 6, Jan 8, and now Feb 4.
My latest window is the longest ever Feb 4 - Mar 4 which to me means they have no clue.
This is getting frustrating.
I sold my 2015 Model SD to a friend at the start of December since I thought I would get delivery in December. I have my old Land Rover which is an adequate backup car but I do miss my Model S.
We are the bastards fighting for table scraps at this point. I don't understand why they're so bad at this.

Reactions: VikH and RxVanco
Home delivery scheduled in Seattle just now for next Tuesday!

EDD was most recently Jan 9 - Jan 15 just now.
VIN assigned a few days ago.
NF4647xx.
Delivery Scheduled 1/11/22
Ordered 10/13/21
MSLR, Black exterior, White interior, 21's, no FSD

(Previously had an end-of-quarter push and VIN assigned and pulled in December)
Good to see people in WA are getting their Model S. I really hope they will be shipping more to WA soon because I need my car!

FWIW no update since i got my VIN 2 days (okay, nights) ago. i was going to enter my EDD the next day. still waiting for an appointment, etc. and very optomistic.
i am pre price increase
Have you contacted Tesla? I reached out to them to add financing to my order after I got my VIN last night and the guy I dealt with (who was regional sales support or some such title) was extremely helpful. He told me which day the car was showing that it was due at my local delivery center (19 Jan), that it usually takes 2-3 days from then until they're ready to deliver, and that I should be contacted in the next couple days to schedule it. He also spoke with my delivery center and put me in for home delivery at my request, and cleared up several other questions I had.

I'd try contacting them if you'd like more info, but from what he said it's usually at least 2-4 days from receipt of VIN to scheduling, but I suppose that could be different depending on your timeline.