Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1154 delivery is set for feb 4th.
Tesla’s delivery EDD system is just insanity! I get that they’re having parts shortages etc. But there’s no reason for this kind of bouncing around.

Ordered 6/7 RN11510 Red/Black LR w/19’s no FSD

Originally when ordered it said October estimated delivery.

8/10 Changed to Nov 12th- Dec 2nd 👎

8/18 Changed to Nov 27th-Dec 17th 👎

8/19 Changed to Nov 6th-26th 👍

9/02 Changed to Nov 22nd- Dec 12th 👎

9/18 Changed to Nov 1st-21st 👍

9/30 Changed to Nov 17th - Dec 7th 👎

10/8 Changed to Dec 5th-31st 👎

10/31 Changed to Nov 23rd-Dec 21st 👍

11/5 Changed to Dec 12th-31st 👎

12/3 Changed to Dec 22nd-31st 👍

12/12 Changed to Jan 16th-Feb 13th 👎

1/20/22 changed to February 👎

1/21 Changed May 15th - June 12th 👎
A similar thing happened to me. You may want to check to make sure you have completed all of your pre-delivery items (financing). If not, the system may be moving you back in cue until they are completed.

I have tried several times. Somebody on TMC was able to do it but I have been unsuccessful. I've even found my exact match in a different region and they said no. They said I could buy it the current price but not with my 79k price point that I got with my rn1151 order. Worth a try but maybe difficult to do.
That would be me haha. Still waiting on the car to be delivered though.

Success! I think. Managed to talk to several people, including my assigned advisor for the first time ever (he never returned calls, texts, emails, etc. You know the drill). A car similar to my order has supposedly been reassigned to me. I now have. VIN (NF468963) and updated delivery date! Fingers are crossed...
So I got a car in transit to a SC assigned to me but it has been stuck at Fremont for 2 weeks now lol. I don't know if it got lost in the process of it being relocated to the proper line. I hope you don't have a similar issue. Delivery has been pushed back 1 week but that seems to be a norm these days.

Last edited:
That would be me haha. Still waiting on the car to be delivered though.

So I a car in transit to a SC assigned to me but it has been stuck at Fremont for 2 weeks now lol. I don't know if it got lost in the process of it being relocated to the proper line. I hope you don't have a similar issue. Delivery has been pushed back 1 week but that seems to be a norm these days.
My fingers are certainly crossed. It said the car was in transit to Las Vegas but it turns out it was still in Fremont. Rail transport to Memphis via Birmingham, maybe? I'm not sure how it works but the SA claims the account will show better information on Monday. Of course, he didn't say which Monday!

My fingers are certainly crossed. It said the car was in transit to Las Vegas but it turns out it was still in Fremont. Rail transport to Memphis via Birmingham, maybe? I'm not sure how it works but the SA claims the account will show better information on Monday. Of course, he didn't say which Monday!
LOL! I am afraid they will push me past my loan application expiration date. I really hope Feb 1-5 is final for me.

A similar thing happened to me. You may want to check to make sure you have completed all of your pre-delivery items (financing). If not, the system may be moving you back in cue until they are completed.
Does completeness of your reservation (trade in, title, financing) really impact the EDD?? I never completed these as I the trade in expires every 30 days so I just left it..

Reactions: rdmdriving
Does completeness of your reservation (trade in, title, financing) really impact the EDD?? I never completed these as I the trade in expires every 30 days so I just left it..
Don't set up trade in. Just so no trade in until you get a VIN. They will ask you all those questions again.

At this point, tesla should learn from this and keep those options away until you get a VIN assigned.

hello all! would love some feedback. I was randomly on the tesla site this morning, and saw that a black on black LR was available so I immediately reserved it. After booking i noticed that it was a 2021. Given the inventory crisis, I called tesla and asked why on earth would this car still be available which he explained that more than likely the car required minor repairs such as dents, window damage, scratches but they weren’t able to fix it right away Bc of the backlog and prob just got completed recently. He also looked up the cars history and found no reported carfax inquiries or damage disclosures attached. I personally dont mind that its a 2021 as these cars retain their values but do any of you think something is off here or other red flags I should be looking out for? FYI VIN is MF428
My experience with a MF428. I was offered this as a match to my order from June. At the very end of December SA contacted me asking if I was ready for delivery. I was, so the VIN was assigned. They scheduled delivery for 12/30. Eventually got a call there was a firmware issue. They rescheduled to 12/31. Got another call, they stated they couldn't deliver with the firmware they were unable to update. Waited a few weeks for parts and told the SA I would be passing on the problem child. That was at the discount price with another almost $3000 mystery discount. I felt if I waited this long I want a 22 that was built for me.

Anyone tried to snag an inventory car that is in transit or in another region? I'm in the process of attempting that it Tesla is acting as though they've no experience with that.
I guess you’re lucky. I called Tesla main # and emailed my service center since I found an exact build version of my order in inventory this morning (waiting 8 months since 5/2021) and neither offered to do anything to help with the $2500 transport charge. Said it’s a requirement.

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
I guess you’re lucky. I called Tesla main # and emailed my service center since I found an exact build version of my order in inventory this morning (waiting 8 months since 5/2021) and neither offered to do anything to help with the $2500 transport charge. Said it’s a requirement.
I agreed to pay that charge but they maintained my price without the latest hike. I grew tired of waiting, as did my wife. Now all it has to do is get here.

My experience with a MF428. I was offered this as a match to my order from June. At the very end of December SA contacted me asking if I was ready for delivery. I was, so the VIN was assigned. They scheduled delivery for 12/30. Eventually got a call there was a firmware issue. They rescheduled to 12/31. Got another call, they stated they couldn't deliver with the firmware they were unable to update. Waited a few weeks for parts and told the SA I would be passing on the problem child. That was at the discount price with another almost $3000 mystery discount. I felt if I waited this long I want a 22 that was built for me.
I’m assuming that’s what was going on with my car. I spoke to another SA and he told me that the car would not be delivered if it had firmware issues. But my build date is 3/21. I just can’t figure out why they would now sell the car.

Can we play who has the oldest order on this forum.
Here my info
Model S long range ordered January 28, 2021.
19” wheels, black interior, midnight silver metallic NO FSD. Reservation 114429***

I believe Tesla is delaying the cheapest priced cars.

Place an order today for a white model s with a black interior and 19” wheels and it says and ETA of November but add any cost option. Interior color other than black, exterior color other than white or 21” wheels and the date changes to July. Hmmmm? Greed. Lack of integrity.

Last edited:
Can we play who has the oldest order on this forum.
Here my info
Model S long range ordered January 28, 2021.
19” wheels, black interior, midnight silver metallic NO FSD. Reservation 114429***

I believe Tesla is delaying the cheapest priced cars.

Place an order today for a white model s with a black interior and 19” wheels and it says and ETA of November but add any cost option. Interior color other than black, exterior color other than white or 21” wheels and the date changes to July. Hmmmm? Greed. Lack of integrity.
114401 sometime in mid Jan ‘21
Model S LR
19” wheels
Grey/black interior
FSD

Who knows. My financing offer just expired...

Just in case that’s the reason I got pushed back so far I went and changed it to cash.

Hopefully the monkey corrects itself soon!

Last edited:
So after I reached out to Tesla to see if I can get an inventory car that was exactly my match and was denied, the local Tesla reached out to me specifically and said that my order was set to arrive second week of February. This was an unsolicited text to me so I am hopeful. They also confirmed that my 19 inch tires would be the all seasons so at least I have that in writing.

Current Edd Jan 24 to Feb 21. RN1151. No VIN