Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was discounted for $2850
I'd say that's up to you and whatever your situation is. I would say if you ordered a new car (as in current year) then that's what you should hold out for... but I also don't know what I would REALLY do if I got that offer. 2021 with prior issues when you can get a new 2022 but maybe wait a little longer? I'd probably still wait.

Hi yall! I have been a long-time lurker of the forums, My RN is 1146, White, black, 19 no FSD that was slated of EDD of JULY. But I got a message from my rep and he said they have a car from 2021 that is the same build but had a drive train replacement at Fremont. Should I avoid this, or do you think I can go for it since it's at the price that I reserved for in March?
Just before year end I was offered a MF428(May build). There was a almost $3,000 discount attached to it. Not sure why, never got to ask, as delivery was cancelled twice due to the firmware not being able to update. I took it as a sign to wait for my original order to come through. Over a month later, that unit is still sitting at the store undeliverable.
I think you'd be taking a bit of a chance. But if they were to discount you enough, after all it is a 2021.

I'd say that's up to you and whatever your situation is. I would say if you ordered a new car (as in current year) then that's what you should hold out for... but I also don't know what I would REALLY do if I got that offer. 2021 with prior issues when you can get a new 2022 but maybe wait a little longer? I'd probably still wait.
Yeah I can see your point, but every time I get into EDD it just gets pushed again and seeing people with newer rn getting there cars delivered makes me sad.

Just before year end I was offered a MF428(May build). There was a almost $3,000 discount attached to it. Not sure why, never got to ask, as delivery was cancelled twice due to the firmware not being able to update. I took it as a sign to wait for my original order to come through. Over a month later, that unit is still sitting at the store undeliverable.
I think you'd be taking a bit of a chance. But if they were to discount you enough, after all it is a 2021.
Hmm interesting the vin for the car they offered me is MF430.

Hi yall! I have been a long-time lurker of the forums, My RN is 1146, White, black, 19 no FSD that was slated of EDD of JULY. But I got a message from my rep and he said they have a car from 2021 that is the same build but had a drive train replacement at Fremont. Should I avoid this, or do you think I can go for it since it's at the price that I reserved for in March?
Unless you are in a rush? I'd wait/not get that one.

Hmm interesting the vin for the car they offered me is MF430.
We all see your point about newer RN's getting delivery with no rhyme or reason and this being an opportunity. Honestly there's nothing that will guarantee you a problem free car even if you wait for your original order to come through. Your MF430 has probably had a lot of inspection in it's short life. Who knows, it could be perfect now.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

We all see your point about newer RN's getting delivery with no rhyme or reason and this being an opportunity. Honestly there's nothing that will guarantee you a problem free car even if you wait for your original order to come through. Your MF430 has probably had a lot of inspection in it's short life. Who knows, it could be perfect now.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.
I was thinking the same thing... while I'd still probably wait, that car probably spent days in QC hell so it might be in great condition.

It was discounted for $2850
Here is what I'd do. I push for more of a discount. They should do it as it is already a model year old. I'd have them give me the old price AND let me retain my current order. I'd drive this one for a while and flip it.

Meanwhile my original order is still working its way through the system. By the time I'd get it, likely you'd have the new hotness IF they put in the new headlights and tail lights.

You might be able to drive the QC car for almost free while waiting on your original order; win/win.

Here is what I'd do. I push for more of a discount. They should do it as it is already a model year old. I'd have them give me the old price AND let me retain my current order. I'd drive this one for a while and flip it.

Meanwhile my original order is still working its way through the system. By the time I'd get it, likely you'd have the new hotness IF they put in the new headlights and tail lights.

You might be able to drive the QC car for almost free while waiting on your original order; win/win.
I would do this, I’m pretty sure that it would cost the new price hike rather than my original 79k.

I can’t believe it’s finally happening. Made appointment for February 12 (range of dates they gave me 2/12, 2/14,,2/15). 1 week of sleepless nights to follow.
6618AF7D-EC52-4A88-B212-5729E470213A.jpeg
1E44AED9-B4C1-440F-8135-5169FB04128F.jpeg

I can’t believe it’s finally happening. Made appointment for February 12 (range of dates they gave me 2/12, 2/14,,2/15). 1 week of sleepless nights to follow. View attachment 764487View attachment 764488
That’s great. Congratulations! Even though reading this make me pour a glass of Maker’s Mark and chant, “I can wait until June, I can wait until June”, with my eyes closed. Hope is perfect and all you have anticipated.