Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to share some updated pictures as I just got it back from being wrapped. Love the new S. Was it worth the 11 month wait? I would only say yes because I had my 3 so it kept me satisfied. View attachment 764984View attachment 764985View attachment 764986View attachment 764987
Does anyone have photos or opinion of xpel stealth on black model S?

I am trying to decide if I want to go standard ppf or stealth ppf and feel like whichever I pick I will wish I pick the other.

• Funny
Reactions: JeffN and 2101Guy

I am trying to decide if I want to go standard ppf or stealth ppf and feel like whichever I pick I will wish I pick the other.
I’m also toying with the idea of over investing in my car and doing a wrap of some sort…..I saw this which I think is what you’re looking for….

Good luck deciding and POST PHOTOS whatever be your decision!

I had full Xpel Stealth wrap on my 2018MS 100D that I sold while I was waiting for refresh MSLR. I have attached pics here. I also did chrome delete on the handles, front, mirrors wrapped, and around the windows. It was not cheap at all as this was in early 2018 and there were not that many people doing this in my area. It cost me around 10k as I also did chrome delete as you can tell from the front and elsewhere there is no chrome.
PXL_20210728_000259071.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210728_000226326.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210728_000129355.PORTRAIT.jpg

I had full Xpel Stealth wrap on my 2018MS 100D that I sold while I was waiting for refresh MSLR. I have attached pics here. I also did chrome delete on the handles, front, mirrors wrapped, and around the windows. It was not cheap at all as this was in early 2018 and there were not that many people doing this in my area. It cost me around 10k as I also did chrome delete as you can tell from the front and elsewhere there is no chrome.
View attachment 765325View attachment 765326View attachment 765327
A black MS in stealth looks positively ominous. Love it!. The MSM and MDB look outstanding as well.
Overall how pleased long term were you with the wrap? Was it all it claimed to be from a protection standpoint?

Reactions: rdmdriving
View attachment 765325View attachment 765326View attachment 765327
Thank you for the photos. How was the upkeep of that appearance? I assume it gets dirty extremely easy? Did you do any Ceramic coating?

Reactions: rdmdriving
What is the current tracking sheet for LR Model S ? A friend ordered in June 2021 and is still waiting, having delivery pushed off month by month. I have this from my sojourn Refresh Model S Tracking -- is it still the best one?
June 2021 VIN's are coming up now for those who ordered first week of June. Depending on which day in june he ordered, his VIN should be coming up within the next 1 -3 weeks on average

EDD Update #16, after entering EDD range a 4th time: 2/4-2/14 2/7-2/16. Window shrank 1 day. It's progress, I guess? Can't complain when I hear others with earlier RNs being bumped to EOQ and beyond.
Second update in the same day, 2/7-2/16 2/7-2/11 + VIN! NF470.

I'm guessing I'd be in the minority, but it's looking like Tesla is on track to make good on their original "February" timeframe given when I ordered on 7/31/21.

Second update in the same day, 2/7-2/16 2/7-2/11 + VIN! NF470.

I'm guessing I'd be in the minority, but it's looking like Tesla is on track to make good on their original "February" timeframe given when I ordered on 7/31/21.
Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said things accelerate near delivery date. Just got a text saying delivery is scheduled for 2/7 at 4 PM. Which means, the car was already built? Or they're pumping it out now? EDIT: Just spoke to Tesla, the car was born on 2/2/22

Last edited:
Reactions: kaleychica
Thank you for the photos. How was the upkeep of that appearance? I assume it gets dirty extremely easy? Did you do any Ceramic coating?
No problem at all. I used to use a hose (even in the winter- let my hose run iced up water and then get nice water flow) and wash the whole car depending upon snow and salt. Nothing unusual at all. Used to wash every month or every other month if not dirty. After hosing down used the foam cleaners and I will polish my wheels. I will do it on my driveway as my car was always parked on the driveway. I live in the urban area. This car had full wrap and I was told no ceramic coating was necessary and it was true. My first 2017 MS was also black and I used ceramic coating for the entire car and was easy to maintain. I like black cars.

A black MS in stealth looks positively ominous. Love it!. The MSM and MDB look outstanding as well.
Overall how pleased long term were you with the wrap? Was it all it claimed to be from a protection standpoint?
I loved the wrap and my car and it turned heads wherever I drove it too and my neighbors were complementing it all the time. People used to say it looked like a Bat mobile! Yes, it did protect from the falling/flying rock chips when I used to drive on I 81 to Blacksburg with lot of truck traffic.

They quoted me about a week, full wrap + window tint
I got my first two MS doe at Capitol Shine in Arlington. Because it was in Jan it took a long time to cure it due to the cold temp. It did take about a week for my previous MS too. But I got the windows tinted at Tint FX in Vienna. For me from Bethesda these places are closer than any of the MD places.

• Informative
Reactions: Concade1 and tbaud