Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today just a few short days after my EDD was pushed way out to 8 Apr - 6 May! Now I have an NF4705 VIN and EDD of 12 - 18 Feb. Time to scramble for loan and insurance or pass it up to wait for Spring since I’m stuck with summer tires on the 21” wheels! 🤔
The further out I get the more I realize that I have no clue what strategy Tesla implements for shipping cars. Here are the stages of my thought process/grief since ordering.

1. Ordered before the Father's day rush, that will move me up
2. 19s on back order, that will push me back.
3. Shortage on albino cows, that will push me back.
4. Midwest usually gets end of quarter push, that will move me up.
5. Added FSD, that will move me up
6. The SA said I should be getting a match soon, that should move me up.
7. Shortages of AS tires, that will move me back
8. Ordered before price increase, that will move me back
9. Nobody else in the Midwest is getting cars, that will move me back

At the end of the day I wish I didn't know any of this information because bottom line is none of it matters. You will get your car when the Tesla Gods decide you are worthy.

I will now go refresh my Tesla app for the countless time today.

hello, new member and future ev/tesla owner. I put my order in back at the beginning of september, i'm RN1158, MS LR MSM B&W w/ 19". I've been on deployment for the last 5-6 months and i totally forgot about my order untill a friend noticed i was looking at used teslas online and he asks me "hey dont you have an order for a new tesla, and youre looking at used ones too?" lol.
Now i logged into my order and I have an EDD of Jul-Jun, i think it was initially march. I contacted the lady thats been helping me out in denver to ask if there was anything i can change on the order to expedite it but from what everyones been posting on here doest look like theres nothing that can be done, oh well no huge rush.
Since putting the order in back in september I was able to find a 2020 RS3 for a really great deal, too great to pass up since i can possibly sell it for a nice profit. So since i'm still on deployment and schedule to be home in a week or so, guess i'll be playing the waiting game for the Tesla but i'll at least of the RS3 to play around with untill then.
I have seen some refreshed MY21 LR similar to my build with just a hundred-thousands miles on them and below 100k.

Reactions: JeffN
hello, new member and future ev/tesla owner. I put my order in back at the beginning of september, i'm RN1158, MS LR MSM B&W w/ 19". I've been on deployment for the last 5-6 months and i totally forgot about my order untill a friend noticed i was looking at used teslas online and he asks me "hey dont you have an order for a new tesla, and youre looking at used ones too?" lol.
Now i logged into my order and I have an EDD of Jul-Jun, i think it was initially march. I contacted the lady thats been helping me out in denver to ask if there was anything i can change on the order to expedite it but from what everyones been posting on here doest look like theres nothing that can be done, oh well no huge rush.
Since putting the order in back in september I was able to find a 2020 RS3 for a really great deal, too great to pass up since i can possibly sell it for a nice profit. So since i'm still on deployment and schedule to be home in a week or so, guess i'll be playing the waiting game for the Tesla but i'll at least of the RS3 to play around with untill then.
I have seen some refreshed MY21 LR similar to my build with just a hundred-thousands miles on them and below 100k.
Wish you luck on a shorter delivery time. I ordered on September, 26th with a 1157. Original date on the site was April, since then it's bounced to Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, now to 19-31 Mar. And I'm on the east coast. What are your specs? I suspect you'll get your car before I get mine. Last week a 1158 in TX got their car. Seems like luck of the draw on who gets their car.

For those who have been provided a soft match date, how many times has it changed before receiving a VIN. Last week I was told a build date of 2/3. Then earlier this week my EDD Went from 2/10-2/24 to 5/1-5/29. Today received an updated soft match of 3/1. Trying to figure out if the car I ordered in June has any potential of arriving anytime soon.
EDD update this morning. 4/3-5/1. Also spoke with call center yesterday, only info provided was "your order is showing an estimated delivery of 5/1-5/29". Had a couple of questions for the actual Tesla location. Very nice gentleman indicated that there is a big push end of quarter and they tend to deliver a lot of cars in the last two weeks of the quarter. Slim chance of receiving in Feb but March is a possibility. I was being very patient and in no rush until 1/10/22 when I received an inquiry on trade with current estimates pairing my order with a vehicle for delivery very soon. Since I am MI, I need to pay for it before it arrives in the state. This pushed me to sell my current vehicle (since I could not trade due to registration differences with the new car). Now I am wishing I would have kept ignoring the EDD updates as for the last month I have been anticipating a very delivery soon.

EDD update this morning. 4/3-5/1. Also spoke with call center yesterday, only info provided was "your order is showing an estimated delivery of 5/1-5/29". Had a couple of questions for the actual Tesla location. Very nice gentleman indicated that there is a big push end of quarter and they tend to deliver a lot of cars in the last two weeks of the quarter. Slim chance of receiving in Feb but March is a possibility. I was being very patient and in no rush until 1/10/22 when I received an inquiry on trade with current estimates pairing my order with a vehicle for delivery very soon. Since I am MI, I need to pay for it before it arrives in the state. This pushed me to sell my current vehicle (since I could not trade due to registration differences with the new car). Now I am wishing I would have kept ignoring the EDD updates as for the last month I have been anticipating a very delivery soon.
I was told a "soft match" of February 27. I was at an EDD of Feb. 16-March 2 until this morning when I was pushed to March 13-31.
MS LR/blue/black/19/no FSD/ordered August 1, 2021

Almost month out from the 1/10 phone call? Here I was getting excited about a similar recent call. However, as 1151 I suspect you will get a VIN soon as there actually have been several issued here of late and it almost looks like Tesla is assigning them in a steady fashion within the early 1150's

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Two weeks ago I spoke to a SA and she said I would be getting my VIN between Feb 1-4 but that didn't happen. EDD is currently Feb 12-26 so will be entering that window this weekend. Hopefully I get a VIN soon. In other news, I ordered the Tesmanian mats and the second row floor mat had a scratch on them so was sent another set. If anyone lives in Houston TX and wants it I'll give it away for free

• Model S Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilo
Let me dash your hopes. I ordered in March 2021 the exact same car, except I changed to 21 inch wheels in June 2021 Because at that time they were saying there were problems with the 19 inch wheels and they weren’t shipping. I’m still waiting. My delivery date has changed more than 10 times. I was even contacted by TESLA around December 20 when my delivery date was supposed to be between December 28 and December 31 and told to update my financing. Then, after doing that and having a hard credit pull again, my delivery date moved to February.

Let me dash your hopes. I ordered in March 2021 the exact same car, except I changed to 21 inch wheels in June 2021 Because at that time they were saying there were problems with the 19 inch wheels and they weren’t shipping. I’m still waiting. My delivery date has changed more than 10 times. I was even contacted by TESLA around December 20 when my delivery date was supposed to be between December 28 and December 31 and told to update my financing. Then, after doing that and having a hard credit pull again, my delivery date moved to February.
Yea I'll see how I feel about it once I'm home. I have the RS3 to play with, which I'll be selling, and if I get too impatient there are plenty online for sale with minimum miles. There's a red and white interior MY21 for less than 100k and less than 2k miles