Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you walk us through the process of purchasing a inventory unit?
Were you alerted by an SA to this being a match or did you see this in inventory?
Did you have it shipped from another SC? Cost involved if you did?
I'm really interested in this process since I'll be forced to purchase something in about 2 months. I'm even looking at Plaids now. Don't really need a Plaid, but they are readily available . The LR is plenty fast enough for me. But I'm looking at what will be available when I need to make that decision. I can't hold out forever unfortunately.
Any helpful hints are appreciated.
Sure.

I kept checking the tesla-info.com site frequently like a deranged madman. Below is a link set to show All 2022 Model S. Click on a car of interest, then on the next page click on "Car Listing". If it Tesla Inventory (as opposed to 3rd party used listing), you will get a Tesla page where you put in your zip code to calculate shipping and then you can purchase the car. Note, if when you click "Car Listing" and you get an error or generic Tesla page, that likely means someone bought it. It cost me $1,000 to ship from Florida to Virginia.

Sure.

I kept checking the tesla-info.com site frequently like a deranged madman. Below is a link set to show All 2022 Model S. Click on a car of interest, then on the next page click on "Car Listing". If it Tesla Inventory (as opposed to 3rd party used listing), you will get a Tesla page where you put in your zip code to calculate shipping and then you can purchase the car. Note, if when you click "Car Listing" and you get an error or generic Tesla page, that likely means someone bought it. It cost me $1,000 to ship from Florida to Virginia.

Thanks that cleared everything up for me. Very informative.
Love your car! Enjoy.

Reactions: KennyBry
And there’s 4709 born 1/31 above. Hence likely not sequential
We are drawing conclusions based on two data points and we don't know if the original source of that information, namely SA, is accurate. What if there is an error when the SA did not correctly state or even we can make a transcription error when we post something. It seems like, from the above posts, 4698xx on 1/31; 4703xx on 2/1; 4707xx on 2/2; 4709xx on 1/31. We still don't have adequate data on 4701xx or my 4703xx. We need more data points to verify.

Nice! 4703 is lower than I expected, considering that the first 469 vin I saw on this forum was 1/25, and first 470 was on 1/30/22 - only 5 days for about 1k vins, which is consistent with their Q4 production rate. But now 6+ days for ~300 vins?

There appears to be a slowdown in production... I wonder why....🤔

I need more data points...anyone else w/ a vin higher than NF4703xx?
NF4708 born on 01/31/22

Can you walk us through the process of purchasing a inventory unit?
Were you alerted by an SA to this being a match or did you see this in inventory?
Did you have it shipped from another SC? Cost involved if you did?
I'm really interested in this process since I'll be forced to purchase something in about 2 months. I'm even looking at Plaids now. Don't really need a Plaid, but they are readily available . The LR is plenty fast enough for me. But I'm looking at what will be available when I need to make that decision. I can't hold out forever unfortunately.
Any helpful hints are appreciated.
Definitely a lot of plaids in inventory. Looks like the demand has been pretty much sated until they change the lights or something and the current Plaid owners want to sell their cars and get the new lights. ;) When I looked earlier at what was in inventory, out of the 47 in stock, 45 were Plaids. Some of those Plaids have build dates going back to last year. I counted 13 with 2021 build dates.

Inventory purchasing is pretty easy. Problem is they can go very quickly. If your SA is awake and not clueless, the can transfer an existing order to it. You will likely need to pay a shipping fee to get it transported to where you are. Best option though if a car that sells very quickly is buy it online (put an order) and work out the shipping details later. You will lose your original order fee if you do this.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Mine is Mar19-Mar31 with a 1157 in MD also. Hopefully yours will be assigned soon.
Unless our dates move back into February, those of us with March EDD in the Mid-Atlantic should realistically expect April at the earliest. There was an EOQ push for CA and nearby states last quarter and there's no reason to think it won't happen again.

Always 2. Under promise and over deliver. Not a new concept.

See my original post.

1644246472864.png

Definitely a lot of plaids in inventory. Looks like the demand has been pretty much sated until they change the lights or something and the current Plaid owners want to sell their cars and get the new lights. ;) When I looked earlier at what was in inventory, out of the 47 in stock, 45 were Plaids. Some of those Plaids have build dates going back to last year. I counted 13 with 2021 build dates.

Inventory purchasing is pretty easy. Problem is they can go very quickly. If your SA is awake and not clueless, the can transfer an existing order to it. You will likely need to pay a shipping fee to get it transported to where you are. Best option though if a car that sells very quickly is buy it online (put an order) and work out the shipping details later. You will lose your original order fee if you do this.
"If your SA is awake and not clueless, they can transfer an existing order to it."🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think placing an order in a week or so would get me the desired delivery window I need. I'll keep an eye on inventory in the meantime.
My comms with Tesla haven't been the best. When I was scheduled for delivery at the end of the year I was texting back and forth with the delivery manager. When that fell apart due to firmware updating issues I texted him I'd pass on the MF428 and wait for my build to arrive. I didn't get a reply for two weeks, he didn't know how he missed my text. See above quote.⬆️

@bhakan Scheduled my home delivery (which I didn't think I could do? Thought I was picking up!) for 16 Feb so they're definitely moving these things cross country. Just wanted to give you some positive vibes to start your week 😁
Congrats @Concade1 Glad to hear you are taking delivery on the 16th! Fantastic. Hope I get mine soon too! Please fill us your delivery experience.