Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As expected, the 18th change to my EDD moved it out 2 weeks to 7/30-8/19. Getting closer to my 1 year anniversary of ordering on 9/2/21. This is total madness. Especially when I read of buyers getting their car within a few months of ordering. I am convinced that the more you paid, the sooner it will come! Also wondering if paying cash is delaying delivery. The last car I bought, the dealer would only give a $2000 discount if I took out a loan (obviously getting a kick-back from the lender) and suggested that I take the loan and then pay in full with the first payment. Any thoughts?
My thoughts would be yes the more you're paying the faster you'll get it. No one will convince me otherwise at this point in time. Currently, if I ever take delivery of the MSLR I ordered in June of 2021. I will be getting a $25,000 discount for my trouble. Worth it, I don't know. I do love my Plaid however.
As far as the loan goes, the rule of thumb has been cash is priority with orders. That said, would it surprise me if Tesla got a kick back from whoever they are working with, no it wouldn't. I'm sure Tesla feels the cash deal is a 100% done deal, opposed to a loan that could possibly be denied. Or take longer to be approved then they would like it to. The time frame Tesla likes to work from as far as when they assign a VIN to you is very compressed to say the least. In my delivery experience, it was basically pay us and there's your car. Have at it. Very warm and fuzzy overall.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Joe Gii
As expected, the 18th change to my EDD moved it out 2 weeks to 7/30-8/19. Getting closer to my 1 year anniversary of ordering on 9/2/21. This is total madness. Especially when I read of buyers getting their car within a few months of ordering. I am convinced that the more you paid, the sooner it will come! Also wondering if paying cash is delaying delivery. The last car I bought, the dealer would only give a $2000 discount if I took out a loan (obviously getting a kick-back from the lender) and suggested that I take the loan and then pay in full with the first payment. Any thoughts?
My EDD changes last night to 7/30 - 8/18 from 7/23 to 8/13. MSLR 11552 (8/19/21) White/Cream/Walnut/19" NO FSD. I too am paying cash (always was)! I didn't count the EDD changes but I'm guessing about 10 times. The window has narrowed from 22 days to 20 days so maybe we are all getting close (or maybe not)? It does seem like delivery is slower for those who only needed to put down $100 to place the order or those who didn't order FSD. I't an absolute fact that MSP deliveries are not taking a year! Data also indicates that deliveries in the western part of Canada and the US are prioritized over eastern deliveries (less costly shipping and logistics)?

My birthday is this Wednesday the 20th. Maybe the delivery monkey will send me a happy birthday text? I'm guessing it will take about 10 days to get from Fremont to Pittsburgh.

I have to admit I'm a little jealous of those who ordered their MSLR months after I placed my order who have already taken delivery or have received their VIN or shipment notification.

My EDD changes last night to 7/30 - 8/18 from 7/23 to 8/13. MSLR 11552 (8/19/21) White/Cream/Walnut/19" NO FSD. I too am paying cash (always was)! I didn't count the EDD changes but I'm guessing about 10 times. The window has narrowed from 22 days to 20 days so maybe we are all getting close (or maybe not)? It does seem like delivery is slower for those who only needed to put down $100 to place the order or those who didn't order FSD. I't an absolute fact that MSP deliveries are not taking a year! Data also indicates that deliveries in the western part of Canada and the US are prioritized over eastern deliveries (less costly shipping and logistics)?

My birthday is this Wednesday the 20th. Maybe the delivery monkey will send me a happy birthday text? I'm guessing it will take about 10 days to get from Fremont to Pittsburgh.

I have to admit I'm a little jealous of those who ordered their MSLR months after I placed my order who have already taken delivery or have received their VIN or shipment notification.
I ordered the same configuration but included FSD on July 15, 2021 for Pitt delivery. My EDD also changed last night from 7/23-8/13 to 7/30-8/18. I am also cash with a Model 3 trade. Hopefully we get our cars in early August!

I signed up for new MS vehicle notifications via Telegram from tesla-info.com, and I have not seen a new LR once. However, I've seen upwards of 10-15 new MS Plaids and demos a day.

Well got an updated EDD, now 8/15 - 9/19 for a RN1154 (Blue/Black combo). which I guess is good because it has a slight narrowing of the delivery window, but not by much.

Also going by my personal tracker, I might get it by Christmas...
1658155570729.png

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
Earlier today I was still sitting at an August 21 - October 2 EDD. Just checked now and it was suddenly moved to On Hold? So I hit the I'm Ready button of course and now my EDD is gone and it just says TBD. The madness never ends 😮‍💨
Happened to me too. In a email to order support, I made it known that it was very second rate to place our orders on hold, instead of just asking us if we were still going forward with delivery. That putting us on hold was insult upon injury. That it was just another way to deliver new orders instead of older ones. This is the world we live in now I suppose.

Happened to me too. In a email to order support, I made it known that it was very second rate to place our orders on hold, instead of just asking us if we were still going forward with delivery. That putting us on hold was insult upon injury. That it was just another way to deliver new orders instead of older ones. This is the world we live in now I suppose.
Except they DID do that for me lol. Got a text like a week ago asking if I was ready and I replied READY. 😆

Whatever, EDD came back and now it is August 19 - September 23 🤪