Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great, I'm picking up in Cherry Hill as well... here's hoping I get the text before the weekend!!
As a point of reference, I received a text to schedule delivery in Cherry Hill NJ three days after the text that the car left the factory. The options for pick up we’re still two weeks out but a week later I received a text that said the car arrived early and I could schedule pick up earlier. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Joe Gii
Just heard from my advisor. They need to work on their bedside manner. Start by quoting the purchase agreement, “you have a 3 day window to pickup the car”. Then followed that with you have no options but to release the VIN and wait for another one to get assigned.
Unbelievable; you wait 10, 12 or more MONTHS, but they can’t wait more than 3 days…

Reactions: ExpatPR
I’m still confused about the whole process of receiving a VIN and scheduling delivery. Should I be getting an official email, text or call about my VIN being assigned and when to expect deliver?

The only communication I had from Tesla was from an advisor responding to my question about how solid the new EDD is. I’m still hoping the car does not leave Fremont for 9 More days. Right now the app is asking me to enter my insurance information.

folks, another narrowing of the window! 😳. Hoping it’s good news 🙏🙏🙏

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022", 11/23 - 2/15, 9/14 - 11/9, 8/22 - 10/17, 8/29 - 10/10, 9/4 - 10/9, 9/7 - 9/28

I’m still confused about the whole process of receiving a VIN and scheduling delivery. Should I be getting an official email, text or call about my VIN being assigned and when to expect deliver?

The only communication I had from Tesla was from an advisor responding to my question about how solid the new EDD is. I’m still hoping the car does not leave Fremont for 9 More days. Right now the app is asking me to enter my insurance information.
You should get a text saying a VIN has been assigned. A few days later you’ll get a text saying your car has left the factory. Then three or four days after that you should get a text that says it’s time to schedule delivery. It will give you three possible dates for pick up. Here is my suggestion if you can’t make one of these dates: Send your twin brother, logged into the Tesla app as you, or reject and get back in que. When I first joined this forum someone had rejected a VIN and I believe waited only three weeks for another. It’s only been seven months since you ordered. Many people in this forum have waited 10,11,12 even 14 months for the initial VIN. I think you’re ahead of the game already. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
You should get a text saying a VIN has been assigned. A few days later you’ll get a text saying your car has left the factory. Then three or four days after that you should get a text that says it’s time to schedule delivery. It will give you three possible dates for pick up. Here is my suggestion if you can’t make one of these dates: Send your twin brother, logged into the Tesla app as you, or reject and get back in que. When I first joined this forum someone had rejected a VIN and I believe waited only three weeks for another. It’s only been seven months since you ordered. Many people in this forum have waited 10,11,12 even 14 months for the initial VIN. I think you’re ahead of the game already. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Thank you for the information. I’m thinking the advisor I texted does not know why he’s talking about (surprise, surprise). He said the car was built Wednesday. I really doubt that since I haven’t received any texts yet. I think there is still a small chance the cat won’t get here until September 9th. That should allow me to pick it up on the 13th.

I’m not sure you can have someone pickup your car if their name isn’t on the buyers order…
Yes you can. If like me you don't particularly care about the checklist or indeed even inspecting the car. the Op can actually accept the car in his app from Italy and unlock it from there for someone else to just drive it off the lot. Tesla does require that it be moved off their lot once accepted.

Yes you can. If like me you don't particularly care about the checklist or indeed even inspecting the car. the Op can actually accept the car in his app from Italy and unlock it from there for someone else to just drive it off the lot. Tesla does require that it be moved off their lot once accepted.
Well .... that's awesome. Problem solved. I hope he gets his S now without delay!!!

Reactions: Leeclanual
Folks that recently received delivery: did it come with the mobile connector? And if so, which adapters? I literally just ordered one but now I'm seeing information that if you ordered long enough ago you still get one with the car?
From what I have seen if you ordered before April and get a car made after 8/15, I think that was it, you won't get one with the car, but they will give you a $200 code to apply toward purchasing one from the store or to apply towards a wall connector.

From what I have seen if you ordered before April and get a car made after 8/15, I think that was it, you won't get one with the car, but they will give you a $200 code to apply toward purchasing one from the store or to apply towards a wall connector.
How does that help? because the store is backed up and can take a while to ship when I would like the mobile connector right away

How does that help? because the store is backed up and can take a while to ship when I would like the mobile connector right away
Maybe they send the code prior to delivery, I'm not sure. But, they are currently in stock and it took less than a week to get one.

Yep, this article says the code is sent our in advance: Tesla issuing $200 promo codes instead of providing Mobile Connectors

According to email sent to employees obtained by Drive Tesla, promo codes will only be issued to owners who placed an order before April 29 and take delivery of a car built on or after August 15, 2022. The promo codes will be sent in advance of delivery, but the automaker did not specify how many days before delivery this will happen.

So as long as they keep them in stock and send the code out about a week in advance things should be OK.

folks, another narrowing of the window! 😳. Hoping it’s good news 🙏🙏🙏

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022", 11/23 - 2/15, 9/14 - 11/9, 8/22 - 10/17, 8/29 - 10/10, 9/4 - 10/9, 9/7 - 9/28
Don’t mean to clog up the forum with another post so soon, just wanna make sure we have all the data points possible. Another EDS shift/narrowing within the last few days:

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022", 11/23 - 2/15, 9/14 - 11/9, 8/22 - 10/17, 8/29 - 10/10, 9/4 - 10/9, 9/7 - 9/28, 9/3 - 9/21

I received the text that the car left the factory. I’m driving over to the Devon service center tomorrow and see I can work something with them. Either get them to hold it for 8 days or try to pre sign the trade. I think I can sign all the documents and pay from the app. If I can do that my daughter can drive the car home.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Picked the car up on Friday! Mobile charger was included. Car was perfect except for a small alignment issue with the taillights not being flush between the rear fender and the trunk lid. Service appointment scheduled.
IMG_5933.jpeg
IMG_5950.jpeg
IMG_5951.jpeg