Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it seems that the following need software fixes at the moment. Any owners feel free to add your input.
  • Dashcam Viewer - fixed in 2021.24 update,
  • XM radio - Added in 2021.32.10
  • Active Noise Cancelation - Renamed to Active Road Noise Reduction - Available in 2021.44.x
  • Clock: Time zone change doesn't always change clock. Inability to manually reset clock - Fixed in 2021.44.25.x
  • Rear Entertainment - No support for Bluetooth headsets
  • Rear Entertainment - Unable to play games
  • Instrument cluster is not customizable
  • Tesla Caraoke missing
  • Energy app missing - Available in 2022.36
  • No screen tilt functionality - Hardware and software related. Cars have tilt mechanism but no motors to move screen. -> Late 2022 models only.
  • Inability to adjust follow distance via scroll wheel
  • Range mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait there's a rear entertainment issue too? I didn't even know- kids watched netflix yesterday. What is the issue with the rear?

XM radio I am not sure will be included- there were some Model S's after the last refresh that took out the satellite radio antenna, not sure if they never put it back after MCU2. Currently I'm using the sirius XM app through the phone's bluetooth which honestly is cheaper and has many more channels than siriusXM hardware ever did

Peter

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Wait there's a rear entertainment issue too? I didn't even know- kids watched netflix yesterday. What is the issue with the rear?

XM radio I am not sure will be included- there were some Model S's after the last refresh that took out the satellite radio antenna, not sure if they never put it back after MCU2. Currently I'm using the sirius XM app through the phone's bluetooth which honestly is cheaper and has many more channels than siriusXM hardware ever did

Peter
Yep, I need to clarify. Tesla Raj was saying that the rear entertainment won't link to Bluetooth for separate audio. I also thought that the rear screen was supposed to have access to the arcade too
MS-Interior-Grid-A-Desktop

I assume your Netflix was working through the main speaker audio?

Regarding SirusXM, a new plaid owner posted his windows sticker that showed a Radio with XM. I know I can just stream it from my phone, but it would be nice for a native solution.

Reactions: jleonk
So it seems that dashcam, XM radio, rear entertainment all need software fixes at the moment?
Don't forget about the lack of Active Noise Cancelation. The hardware is there but the functionality hasn't been enabled yet.

Peter
I'm guessing you listened to Netflix too then? With the current hardware, they should be able to support Bluetooth headphones in the back so that those watching the second row screen can listen to something different from those sitting in the driver and front passenger seat.

That's correct, netflix audio through the main speakers.
Yes, would be great if they can be seperate for example like you said through a bluetooth headset for the rear passengers or something like that and be able to do the gaming as well seperately. Right now it controls the media of the front of the car too, whether music or tesla theatre.

Peter

Peter
XM is explicitly called out on the Monroney sticker

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yeah--still un-packing stuff. It's off to get tinted and OptiCoated, so I am currently going through some withdrawal.
Hi @omarsultan … first off, thanks for all your posts and information. I have an S LR on order and someday I’ll get it (I believe!). This will be my first Tesla and your information has been super helpful in understanding the car and the company. Anyway, I’m in the Sacramento area as well and wondering if you can tell me where you trust to get your car coated and tinted. This will be the first car I will do that to, so looking for some advice from those who went before me.

Reactions: aerodyne