Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Raj was saying that the rear entertainment won't link to Bluetooth for separate audio.
Of course I haven't seen anywhere that Tesla has said that will be a feature. They only said that it would have support for multiple BT devices. I read that as you can have more than one phone connected. So maybe you can take calendar/calls/contacts from one and play music from another. Has anyone tried that yet?

From the manual:
1625270199065.png

Hopefully that isn't all they mean by supporting multiple BT devices.

Last edited:
Of course I haven't seen anywhere that Tesla has said that will be a feature. They only said that it would have support for multiple BT devices. I read that as you can have more than one phone connected. So maybe you can take calendar/calls/contacts from one and play music from another. Has anyone tried that yet?

From the manual:
View attachment 680847

Hopefully that isn't all they mean by supporting multiple BT devices.
That would be an half-assed implementation.

Anyone with new S having issue getting out of the back if no one's in the front? My lights for the door open button all go off and don't work if someone is in the back and not front. I have to open the window and grab the handle outside... 100% the child lock is NOT on. Help!
If I get in the backseat and close the door, everything turns off, but if I press the door please button, the door does open.

My clock has been stuck on Pacific time since delivery 10 days ago (and I'm in the Boston area). I've tried (1) 3 taps, (2) pressing the time for 5 seconds, (3) resetting the screen with the two thumbwheel hold, (4) scouring the manual, and (5) looking for a setting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone else able to control the backseat temp separately without changing the front temp? Even on "SPLIT" it does it. Seems to be a software issue?
Per the manual, the only thing you can control in the back are set warms, fan speed and airlow. Since the website mentions trip-zone temperature controls, I assume this will be available via SW update.

1625421436531.png

1625421476295.png

A couple of things on my list
  • The calibration for the auto-brightness for the display seems off--sometimes does not brighten the screen when moving from dark to light
  • I have auto-tilt mirrors set up and they do not consistently flip down into the set position when shifting into reverse (automatically or manually)

Reactions: sam3194
Per the manual, the only thing you can control in the back are set warms, fan speed and airlow. Since the website mentions trip-zone temperature controls, I assume this will be available via SW update.

View attachment 681356
View attachment 681357

I understand that portion and was able to do those items. However, it states Tri-zone temperature control. It is not allowing for all three zone temperatures to be adjusted independently.

My clock has been stuck on Pacific time since delivery 10 days ago (and I'm in the Boston area). I've tried (1) 3 taps, (2) pressing the time for 5 seconds, (3) resetting the screen with the two thumbwheel hold, (4) scouring the manual, and (5) looking for a setting.

Anyone have any ideas?
Does your car show up in the correct location on the map? Have you tried setting a destination in nav and driving there? The reason for asking is time and time zone offset are usually calculated from GPS data.

Does your car show up in the correct location on the map? Have you tried setting a destination in nav and driving there? The reason for asking is time and time zone offset are usually calculated from GPS data.
Yep, my car appears in the correct location on the map, and I've navigated to a lot of different destinations. . . really frustrating, though I'm getting really good at subtracting 3.

So glad I found this thread. Everything from the missing dash cam button, no XM, and rear climate control has been experienced in my new LR. I'm also wondering about homelink. Ive tried two remotes, in two locations with two garage doors. Has anyone successfully programmed a door? Or am I doing something wrong - it seems straightforward.

So glad I found this thread. Everything from the missing dash cam button, no XM, and rear climate control has been experienced in my new LR. I'm also wondering about homelink. Ive tried two remotes, in two locations with two garage doors. Has anyone successfully programmed a door? Or am I doing something wrong - it seems straightforward.
Homelink was not a problem--in fact, it seems like they improved the receiver as I didn't have to pop the frunk. Did you have Homelike set up with your prior car (what was it?), what kind of openers and now old are they?

Reactions: Fastcar