Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are wrong. There are numerous instances where the VIN is assigned AFTER the build date. From the ample anecdotal evidence it seems they don’t assign before build because they don’t even know if the car is viable or will have to be scrapped due to an unfixable issue.
lol. yea. that happens when you get a car that was originally intended for another order. but ok. there's plenty of evidence of people getting their VINs ... while still in production. I'm pretty sure I have seen two posts at least today talking about the fact they asked about their vin and said it's not finished production. it's OK. none of us know. if they have to scrap it... you know what they do... unassign the vin ... which has happened to many people on this forum as well.. seems it happens when whatever the monkey wants to make.

edit: just don't be disappointed when your "contact", "SA", "advisor", whatever lied to you once again and you get a 2021 build. lol.

lol. yea. that happens when you get a car that was originally intended for another order. but ok. there's plenty of evidence of people getting their VINs ... while still in production. I'm pretty sure I have seen two posts at least today talking about the fact they asked about their vin and said it's not finished production. it's OK. none of us know. if they have to scrap it... you know what they do... unassign the vin ... which has happened to many people on this forum as well.. seems it happens when whatever the monkey wants to make.

edit: just don't be disappointed when your "contact", "SA", "advisor", whatever lied to you once again and you get a 2021 build. lol.
What is a SA, contact, advisor?

Oh.. I was told by an SA that LR with 19's get All Seasons. Plaids get summer tires regardless of wheel option/size.

I'll see if this holds up as I WANT all seasons on my 19's. I have 21" aftermarket wheels in my garage that are waiting to get outfitted with summers (after I test fit the wheels first)
I picked up my car 10 days ago, and it had Continental All Seasons. The delivery people in Dallas made it sound like all 19” are Continentals right now.

Last edited:
After waiting over 10 months, my delivery was really effortless. It was handled by the Tesla store at Dallas North Park mall, and
essentially you accept the car on your phone, and then use the Tesla app to unlock it. My car was in the Macys parking garage mixed in with regular shoppers cars which was a bit freaky, and prompted an intense look for door dings before I tapped the accept button. My app didn’t unlock the car, and I called support , who had me log out of the app, then log in. Then it unlocked the car fine.

I just got my coating done (with UndrDog) , and it’s now a glossy beaut….
D7685FC6-647D-4C2C-9A21-10CBAEAE7358.jpeg

After waiting over 10 months, my delivery was really effortless. It was handled by the Tesla store at Dallas North Park mall, and
essentially you accept the car on your phone, and then use the Tesla app to unlock it. My car was in the Macys parking garage mixed in with regular shoppers cars which was a bit freaky, and prompted an intense look for door dings before I tapped the accept button. My app didn’t unlock the car, and I called support , who had me log out of the app, then log in. Then it unlocked the car fine.

View attachment 731310
Looks like candy apple red, so shiny what's the coating?

View attachment 731310
That’s a proper museum for your gorgeous S. Congratulations

View attachment 731310
You have excellent taste sir ;) Glad everything went well with your car.

I don't know what to do with my time just waiting for a delivery date. I know, I know, it's a great problem to have. But after months and months of refreshing, hoping for a VIN, now that I have one I feel almost let down. Lol.

This is going to be a long and agonizing week or two.
i couldn’t have said it any better. I feel exactly the same way!

None official. My SA implied that even S's built after Nov 1 would be 2022 VINs, although a poster in this thread claimed a Nov 2nd build date and MF VIN (I'm skeptical of the 11/2 build date part - that's probably the date it popped out, not the date it started build processing and was assigned a VIN).

And supposedly, mine is finally "In Production". No VIN, 11/20-12/4 EDD window.

The problem is, we've seen time and time again that the SA's do not get accurate information. 90% of what we are able to decipher on this thread ends up being more accurate than what SA's say.

None official. My SA implied that even S's built after Nov 1 would be 2022 VINs, although a poster in this thread claimed a Nov 2nd build date and MF VIN (I'm skeptical of the 11/2 build date part - that's probably the date it popped out, not the date it started build processing and was assigned a VIN).

And supposedly, mine is finally "In Production". No VIN, 11/20-12/4 EDD window.
That poster was me. And for the sake of elaborating on what my SA said about my build date, I asked specifically what the build date was, which he said 11/2. I did also question him about 2022 VINs being assigned on cars built on or after Nov 1st. He said that isn’t true and that 2022 VINs will be rolling out Jan 1 2022.

Now we know how “accurate” SA’s information is. So take it as you wish. Personally, I didn't care whether I get a 2021 or 2022, as I was planning to take delivery regardless of the model year.

Those white ventilated seats are just amazing. But to properly appreciate them, you need to be, how shall we say this… a bit “open” down there while driving!

We wore plaid kilts when taking delivery of our Plaid S. It was a hot day in August and we instantly appreciated the pre-cooled seats when we got in.

Looks like candy apple red, so shiny what's the coating?
While it absolutely looks great? That level of gloss is achievable with almost any wax/sealant/polish on the market. Ceramic (nor PPF nor both combined) doesnt offer any additional level of gloss. Technique typically trumps product every time. (coming from someone with a fair amount of experience detailing cars over the years)