Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently my Plaid/Blue/White/Wood/19" that I originally ordered in November was damaged in transit. So now instead of getting it this week I have to wait till they make a new one which will be a couple of weeks and then ship it out again. Once again Tesla is saying about a month for my delivery. They've now told me that my delivery will be "in about a month" in November, December, January, March, May, June, August and now September.

I would be canceling my order at this point as I am beyond fed up, however because of all the supply chain issues in the industry any of the other cars (Audi RS6) I'd be looking at are also basically unavailable. I will say though that my next car is not going to be a Tesla.

Apparently my Plaid/Blue/White/Wood/19" that I originally ordered in November was damaged in transit. So now instead of getting it this week I have to wait till they make a new one which will be a couple of weeks and then ship it out again. Once again Tesla is saying about a month for my delivery. They've now told me that my delivery will be "in about a month" in November, December, January, March, May, June, August and now September.

I would be canceling my order at this point as I am beyond fed up, however because of all the supply chain issues in the industry any of the other cars (Audi RS6) I'd be looking at are also basically unavailable. I will say though that my next car is not going to be a Tesla.
Please remember to confirm that viewpoint after you’ve had your car for a week.

How good or not good the car is is going to be irrelevant. The stress of this whole clusterfuck has been more than I ever want to deal with again.

My issue personally isn't the stress of waiting. It's the overall feeling that I was intentionally misled to place an order with BS unmeetable delivery dates. I would have still placed the order if my EDD said "Maybe EOY no promises". But giving me a date 55 days from my order, then bumping it back over 6 months is total BS. No way did Tesla/Elon actually think these cars would be delivered 60 days out.

It's the overall feeling that I was intentionally misled to place an order with BS unmeetable delivery dates.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. Particuarly since I ordered a 'Performance' S which they obviously had no intenton of ever building. I was told in Decemeber after the line was shut down that I would get my car in January. Obviously Tesla knew that would never happen.

Reactions: impastu
I wholeheartedly agree with that. Particuarly since I ordered a 'Performance' S which they obviously had no intenton of ever building. I was told in Decemeber after the line was shut down that I would get my car in January. Obviously Tesla knew that would never happen.
So I definitely came late into this race with a 6/10 (Plaid event day) order. But I think everyone is less upset about the false delivery dates and more so the lack of clear, open and honest communication. I do not think "Tesla obviously" never intended to make the January or February delivery windows.

Had you been told in January "hey, there is production issues. We are fixing it to produce the best production car available", it might soften the waiting. Will the frustration go away? No. But just some half-decent communications would go a long way. However, anyone that is a long-time Tesla owner should know that zero communications is the Tesla way.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and scrapps
might it be time for one of those articles to who ever will publish, about the lack of info about the white LR? I don't remember if we had that for the 19" wheels, or merely for the 1 or 2 week hold of all deliveries.
this is getting frustrating.
I have a permit to install the charger, and today the electricians said they can do it October 21. I thanked them and i'm stoked, maybe i'll see a light in my garage - meanwhile, when I requested this permit in i think July (maybe August) i would have been livid if i had my car but no charger; i've since let them know there is (unfortunately) no urgency, but i'd be sure to let them know if something changed. Sigh.

might it be time for one of those articles to who ever will publish, about the lack of info about the white LR? I don't remember if we had that for the 19" wheels, or merely for the 1 or 2 week hold of all deliveries.
I doubt we will get any traction on it. The original email was broad enough to cover this and they specifically said the best information is in your account. The bigger issue is that the designer used to say white interiors would begin in September. But that is seemingly less and less true, as there has been only a handful. Do recall though that there were a slew of white interiors in inventory leading up to EoQ. So maybe it is half-true?