Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold out, period amen!!
The problem with holding out is: you don't know if Tesla will cancel your order six months from now, explaining that they've decided to make just two colors of interiors because black and cream look so great. Would you really put that past Tesla? Sure, they might be so "polite" as to call and ask whether you'd like to switch to black or cream, and of course put you at the end of the line if you say yes. It's scary that they've already been calling white interior buyers and asking whether they'd like to switch to black or cream, because that's exactly what they did with Plaid+ buyers before canceling the Plaid+ because Plaid is so great.

Last edited:
The problem with holding out is: you don't know if Tesla will cancel your order six months from now, explaining that they've decided to make just two colors of interiors because black and cream look so great. Would you really put that past Tesla? Sure, they might be so "polite" as to call and ask whether you'd like to switch to black or cream, and of course put you at the end of the line if you say yes. It's scary that they've already been calling white interior buyers and asking whether they'd like to switch to black or cream, because that's exactly what they did with Plaid+ buyers before canceling the Plaid+ because Plaid is so great.
Nobody should put up with Tesla's sick games and arrogance! I should have cancelled long ago and have had over a dozen+ valid reasons to do so. The nightmare stories appear far more often as well as several additions to the pre-acceptance checklist due to Tesla QC getting way worse. IF, repeat IF, I do take delivery and hopefully enjoy the product, I will never return to do business with this outrageous company and it's CEO, regardless of how "special" the product is! Let Tesla play their games; I've got a M.B. SUV as my daily driver and a neat fun toy to play with on sunny weekends. Let Tesla cancel "white". My 2 words for technogenius - "later dude"...

Reactions: Tigers
Question. If anyone was offered cream instead of white for an earlier delivery (same price) would you take it? Ive never seen the cream in person, does it look as nice as the white or do you hold out until the bitter end?
I was offered Cream twice, a month ago and last night at 5 pm. I almost bit on the one last night, but didn't. It was blue and I do like the blue. Got a text today that my date is still holding at Oct 5 - 25 so that made the decision easier.

That would be so cool. My tuxedo LR could become an instant collectors item.

That would be so cool. My tuxedo LR could become an instant collectors item.
ain't gonna happen... lol. comparing a plaid+ to white interiors is crazy talk. especially since they offer white interiors across the entire product line. but if it does happen, hopefully I get mine before that and then yup, collectors item (like the ugly brown color hah)

I was offered Cream twice, a month ago and last night at 5 pm. I almost bit on the one last night, but didn't. It was blue and I do like the blue. Got a text today that my date is still holding at Oct 5 - 25 so that made the decision easier.
It's interesting to see all the people who Tesla has called to offer a change to get an earlier car. They've never called me about anything. Or texted. I guess they knew I wouldn't take it.

You and I have the same EDD window. It will be interesting to see what happens since it's the 1st already.

Question. If anyone was offered cream instead of white for an earlier delivery (same price) would you take it? Ive never seen the cream in person, does it look as nice as the white or do you hold out until the bitter end?
For me, no. In reality I've been waiting for white interior for over 6 years now. I really wanted it on my last S order, but it wasn't available in the S in early 2016, so I got light gray leather. 4 months after delivery they offered white.

So here I am, still waiting.