Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys the EDD’s are BS, I had an august order and tesla called me up a a few days ago to pickup a slight alternative, black exterior instead of grey (which I did). I also had a September order, and they told me my EDD would be November. The best luck i had was asking my advisor to check what it says on his side. The whole time he showed that delivery for both cars wouldn’t have happened till December-January no matter what my EDD showed

I have had a similar experience that others have described. Early last week, Tesla reached out to me and offered me the same configuration as I ordered except cream/wood rather than white/CF. This was the first time Tesla reached out to me in more than 8 months. I politely declined given my EDD is right around the corner. Then the Tesla rep said “hopefully you’ll get yours by the end of the fourth quarter”, which almost made me boil over, but I reminded myself that the poor guy calling me didn't really know anything, so I just let it go and said goodbye. I've never gotten this close to the EDD before (I was blank for the longest time), but I'm having a hard time believing it since I still don't have a VIN. I'd think that if I don't see a VIN in the next week or so, hitting a 10/5-10/25 EDD on the East Coast becomes impossible given shipping times.

I think he does know something -- namely, that your EDD isn't entitled to any weight. There is just as much chance that you get your car in 2022 as that you get it in October. Over and over again, the EDDs have been flagrantly false, and there is no reason to think that the current one is grounded in factual reality.

Last edited:
I have had a similar experience that others have described. Early last week, Tesla reached out to me and offered me the same configuration as I ordered except cream/wood rather than white/CF. This was the first time Tesla reached out to me in more than 8 months. I politely declined given my EDD is right around the corner. Then the Tesla rep said “hopefully you’ll get yours by the end of the fourth quarter”, which almost made me boil over, but I reminded myself that the poor guy calling me didn't really know anything, so I just let it go and said goodbye. I've never gotten this close to the EDD before (I was blank for the longest time), but I'm having a hard time believing it since I still don't have a VIN. I'd think that if I don't see a VIN in the next week or so, hitting a 10/5-10/25 EDD on the East Coast becomes impossible given shipping times.

For whatever it's worth, I had a great SA the first few months. Then he left Tesla. I didn't have many questions until recently. I tried to get a new SA and was told via Tesla chat that they no longer have sales advisors. Once you've "purchased" (reserved) a car, all communication is now through web chat. Insane for a car at this price

After 373 days of waiting the car arrived in the EOQ rush. The white interior was worth the wait. It makes the car feel more like it’s from the future!
0715F222-B7DA-4A28-81B0-5D90910707B3.jpeg

For whatever it's worth, I had a great SA the first few months. Then he left Tesla. I didn't have many questions until recently. I tried to get a new SA and was told via Tesla chat that they no longer have sales advisors. Once you've "purchased" (reserved) a car, all communication is now through web chat. Insane for a car at this price
Technically those turds at the call center are correct - they’re not called SAs anymore… they’re just called “advisors”.

youre not firing blanks are you? thats the only blank thats not good! :)
haha. later orders complaining about blanks, us earlier orders were blank for months (I was blank most of the process except after they sent that mass email)...

July...simmer down there. though I remember a ton of us being crazy about blank too. but at least those ordered in July Tesla was actually making cars. I had no idea when I ordered in March Tesla wasn't making these cars. the wild speculation from permit delays to parts delays ... Tesla in July I believe didn't say they'd have their cars by now, the website estimates if I recall correctly were EOY in July. Tesla in March said I'd have my car by July.