Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok
haha. later orders complaining about blanks, us earlier orders were blank for months (I was blank most of the process except after they sent that mass email)...

July...simmer down there. though I remember a ton of us being crazy about blank too. but at least those ordered in July Tesla was actually making cars. I had no idea when I ordered in March Tesla wasn't making these cars. the wild speculation from permit delays to parts delays ... Tesla in July I believe didn't say they'd have their cars by now, the website estimates if I recall correctly were EOY in July. Tesla in March said I'd have my car by July.
I know people ordered before me. I sold my car and want to know if I'm slotted to get a car this year so I know if I need to get a temporary vehicle so I don't have to have my wife drive me around for 6 months. I don't mind the wait, I'd just like to see if I'm slotted for Q4.

Congratulations on ordering earlier, I am angry for you not receiving the car under the premise on which you purchased. But I will also lament freely.

Ok

I know people ordered before me. I sold my car and want to know if I'm slotted to get a car this year so I know if I need to get a temporary vehicle so I don't have to have my wife drive me around for 6 months. I don't mind the wait, I'd just like to see if I'm slotted for Q4.

Congratulations on ordering earlier, I am angry for you not receiving the car under the premise on which you purchased. But I will also lament freely.
understand, but when did you order? if you ordered in July you had an expectation to get before end of year. as they catch up and are finally producing, plus the added unknown of parts shortages, things can change. given they only produced 8k or so MS this quarter is a good indication they're still not up to where Elon wanted in terms of production. not giving Tesla a pass here, but the industry as a whole is struggling...

they have no way to tell you if you're slotted for q4. you're behind a bunch of other people still. even me having a Nov estimate doesn't guarantee I'll get my car this year. no car manufacturer you order from without selecting inventory can guarantee dates.

understand, but when did you order? if you ordered in July you had an expectation to get before end of year. as they catch up and are finally producing, plus the added unknown of parts shortages, things can change. given they only produced 8k or so MS this quarter is a good indication they're still not up to where Elon wanted in terms of production. not giving Tesla a pass here, but the industry as a whole is struggling...

they have no way to tell you if you're slotted for q4. you're behind a bunch of other people still. even me having a Nov estimate doesn't guarantee I'll get my car this year. no car manufacturer you order from without selecting inventory can guarantee dates.
I ordered mid-July under the premise I'd get it in October. My EDD went blank a few weeks ago (after being late Nov.) and I am waiting to see if I get a Nov/Dec EDD or a February+ EDD.

It is my hope that whatever my EDD updates to will at least be somewhat accurate since it's the last remaining quarter for this year. If it updates to February, which it may very well do, I will get another temporary car. Which isn't to say anything of their accuracies, just me placing a quantifiable measure on my own personal tolerances.

I ordered mid-July under the premise I'd get it in October. My EDD went blank a few weeks ago (after being late Nov.) and I am waiting to see if I get a Nov/Dec EDD or a February+ EDD.

It is my hope that whatever my EDD updates to will at least be somewhat accurate since it's the last remaining quarter for this year. If it updates to February, which it may very well do, I will get another temporary car. Which isn't to say anything of their accuracies, just me placing a quantifiable measure on my own personal tolerances.
Random guess assuming you're white interior with CF...February.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Right on the white interior, but I ordered a LR Red/White 19

Thought about the Plaid with CF later, but at that point they had pushed Plaid orders into 2022.
Well, based on what we're seeing you might have a better chance with plaid white than LR white...even if you order plaid now. You can keep both orders and see what comes first. And you might have a better shot at snagging an unclaimed plaid order.

Really? You think a fresh Plaid order may come earlier?
It'll only cost you a hundred bucks to find out...but my guess is you have a better shot at snagging another customer's unclaimed order if you have an RN for same build and SC knows you're anxious to fill in for someone else who cancelled or couldn't get funding, etc.

Last edited:
Ok

For those of us new Tesla buyers we didn’t have more than what the website gave us when we placed an order. We had no legacy knowledge of Teslas production issues. I got on the site, saw Oct. and purchased. Based on what I read now, Tesla knew well before my order that Oct. was not realistic. So for those of us that viewed Tesla as a technology company who aims to make self driving cars… I thought their sales system would be a bit accurate. We have no legacy knowledge to pull from.

I also sold my car expecting one soon. It wasn’t until I joined the forums that I saw how chaotic this all was. I agree with Bilmuri that we just want to know. I’m not looking to jump the line and I have sympathy for those who have waited far longer. I just would like an estimate so that I can make alternate arrangements as needed. No complaint, just explaining the logic some of us had when placing an order.

I love reading all the viewpoints of the members. Just a reminder this is new for some of us. :)

Really? You think a fresh Plaid order may come earlier?
Plaid margin > LR margin
Elon’s Q3 was about 240k cars yes, but you didn’t think that extra motor was the cost delta now did you :)

the business strategist in me says Q4 will be about achieving record EPS. He makes money when the stock makes money! Which car do you think will contribute to more EPS :)

For those of us new Tesla buyers we didn’t have more than what the website gave us when we placed an order. We had no legacy knowledge of Teslas production issues. I got on the site, saw Oct. and purchased. Based on what I read now, Tesla knew well before my order that Oct. was not realistic. So for those of us that viewed Tesla as a technology company who aims to make self driving cars… I thought their sales system would be a bit accurate. We have no legacy knowledge to pull from.

I also sold my car expecting one soon. It wasn’t until I joined the forums that I saw how chaotic this all was. I agree with Bilmuri that we just want to know. I’m not looking to jump the line and I have sympathy for those who have waited far longer. I just would like an estimate so that I can make alternate arrangements as needed. No complaint, just explaining the logic some of us had when placing an order.

I love reading all the viewpoints of the members. Just a reminder this is new for some of us. :)
For next time remember this - never believe anything Tesla tells you until you take delivery. Then sell your existing car :)

The Fremont line runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and Tesla stated multiple times the estimates we see are tied to real-world production line activity. I see no reason it can't update on a Sunday.
Maybe they optimize their database or do whatever behind the scenes data stuff on the weekends, and then once the database is optimized they can run the EDD algorithms.

… and no change today! I was so sure today was a change day! Oh well next alternative per my prediction algorithm is Thursday!
If you know the monkey, tell them to go punch the update button. Or do something.
5p77vj.jpg