Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping that it’s just batching. Like the white interior isn’t part of the current batch, but then in a few weeks all the white interiors will start to flood in and our dates will creep up closer at EOQ. I guess I’m hopeful.
I don't think so. They seem fine between cream and black. Def something wrong with supplies on white inteiors.

Batching from what I see has more to do with exterior colors than interior.

Well it is definitely the white that holds ya back to February. Changed my new blue/white order from a few days ago to blue/cream, and it leapfrogged all my other orders in a single overnight update to give a Nov 25 - Dec 15 range now.

My other white/cream has a Dec 6 - Dec 26 range now, keeps moving forward about 4-5 days earlier the last few nights.

My old white/white order just still says February.

Looks like I'm going to likely end up with a blue/cream LRMS as like the color combo as well and will take it ;-)

I don't think so. They seem fine between cream and black. Def something wrong with supplies on white inteiors.

Batching from what I see has more to do with exterior colors than interior.
Well the same production suspicion was applied to the 19’ wheels which are now shipping. I guess I am hoping late Q3 or early Q4 the same will happen for our white interiors.

Well the same production suspicion was applied to the 19’ wheels which are now shipping. I guess I am hoping late Q3 or early Q4 the same will happen for our white interiors.
19s had a supply issue. Now are going out. All those are just loaded in the computer. Little robot goes and gets it. Robot puts it on. Exterior colors take time to clean out paint bays. Things like seats and wheels may be batched but mainly due to parts rather than anything else.

19s had a supply issue. Now are going out. All those are just loaded in the computer. Little robot goes and gets it. Robot puts it on. Exterior colors take time to clean out paint bays. Things like seats and wheels may be batched but mainly due to parts rather than anything else.
Was it confirmed that the 19’s had a supply issue? I thought it was all just speculation.

I guess I am hoping late Q3 or early Q4 the same will happen for our white interiors.
Hate to say it, but Q3 is a long shot. There seems to be only a few orders that are landing in Q3. Main wiki thread has two or three that have September delivery dates.

When did you order? Outside of a few outliers, it pretty much looks like they have deliveries line up by reservation number from what I have seen.

Hate to say it, but Q3 is a long shot. There seems to be only a few orders that are landing in Q3. Main wiki thread has two or three that have September delivery dates.

When did you order? Outside of a few outliers, it pretty much looks like they have deliveries line up by reservation number from what I have seen.
I ordered around when you did and had an Oct. delivery originally. I think Q3 is optimistic. Early Q4 may be possible- I only base it on the fact that some folks with February dates and black interiors are getting VINs right now. Maybe I’m just trying to cope with the reality of possibly waiting 6 months after selling my car under the premise of having a new one in October :/

I ordered around when you did and had an Oct. delivery originally. I think Q3 is optimistic. Early Q4 may be possible- I only base it on the fact that some folks with February dates and black interiors are getting VINs right now. Maybe I’m just trying to cope with the reality of possibly waiting 6 months after selling my car under the premise of having a new one in October :/
You just cannot compare what it happening with black and cream interiors to white - it is clear that white is in short, short supply. February / January seems realistic, December can be hopeful and November seems like a pipe dream. If I get sometime, I might put together a spreadsheet with everyone that has replied that shows the ordering of date and current estimated date range. Maybe today.

Trust me, I want to be just as hopeful.

Out of curiosity, how do I know who my SA is? I received a text message from someone when I first ordered the MSLR but they've been radio silent since back in May despite me trying to get a hold of them via text. Is this the right way to communicate with them or do they simply not want to chat?
This is the only way I know how to communicate with my SA (responding to their initial sms) and they selectively respond days after I send a question.