Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issue is being jerked around. Waiting on a car, fine. But I'm ticked that there is absolutely zero possibility the car would be delivered in 60-90 days like they claimed when I ordered in May. I was basically used to bolster their stock prices or elon's ego or whatever.
Bingo - Tesla stated clearly that deliveries are ready to go in February 2021, mere weeks after announcing the refresh on 01/27/2021 when I ordered. We all recognize NO car was ready for production then and not all announced are yet installed / available, so there were lies from the start. Dozens of EDD changes later and never any apology or explanation or communication or realistically none in sight, this is all simply a scam!!

IF Tesla were honest from day 1 (they are still far from honest) and we knew FACTS, that would be a different story and one most could understand and make a decision to purchase or not.

We ARE being jerked around!! Why are we begging Tesla to "pretty please" take my $105,970.00 cash and continue to jerk me around??

I have been foolish, actually, stupid to fall for this scam. November 03, I'm likely stress free.

P.S. don't blame this game on suppliers; Tesla is using us!! Lastly, we never received any apology or explanation.

Comments??

Ganbei...

Bingo - Tesla stated clearly that deliveries are ready to go in February 2021, mere weeks after announcing the refresh on 01/27/2021 when I ordered. We all recognize NO car was ready for production then and not all announced are yet installed / available, so there were lies from the start. Dozens of EDD changes later and never any apology or explanation or communication or realistically none in site, this is all simply a scam!!

IF Tesla were honest from day 1 (they are still far from honest) and we knew FACTS, that would be a different story and one most could understand and make a decision to purchase or not.

We ARE being jerked around!! Why are we begging Tesla to "pretty please" take my $105,970.00 cash and continue to jerk me around??

I have been foolish, actually, stupid to fall for this scam. November 03, I'm likely stress free.

P.S. don't blame this game on suppliers; Tesla is using us!! Lastly, we never received any apology or explanation.

Comments??

Ganbei...
May as well start looking for a Taycan as a contingency.

My EDD just moved this morning for the first time in a meaningful way since the big update on August 10. It went from Oct 5-25, to October 20-29. Seems like others have had a shift/narrowing in their EDD followed quickly by a VIN, so hopefully that'll happen here.

Coincidentally, I called Tesla yesterday to get an update, given that we were already in my delivery window and hadn't gotten a VIN yet. They put me on hold for a while and then came on and said the car was still scheduled to be built and delivered during my delivery window (which seemed near impossible given that it'll take Tesla ~2 weeks to get the car from the factory to me once it's actually built). We'll see. Given the delays and missed targets so far, I won't get my hopes up until I am in the actual car.

My EDD just moved this morning for the first time in a meaningful way since the big update on August 10. It went from Oct 5-25, to October 20-29. Seems like others have had a shift/narrowing in their EDD followed quickly by a VIN, so hopefully that'll happen here.

Coincidentally, I called Tesla yesterday to get an update, given that we were already in my delivery window and hadn't gotten a VIN yet. They put me on hold for a while and then came on and said the car was still scheduled to be built and delivered during my delivery window (which seemed near impossible given that it'll take Tesla ~2 weeks to get the car from the factory to me once it's actually built). We'll see. Given the delays and missed targets so far, I won't get my hopes up until I am in the actual car.
Great news i have two friends of mine with the same dates and they have the VIN in the source code. Check that maybe.

1146 Order here, LR White/White 19" In, NC located, received VIN yesterday (MF) although I don't know what the difference is between MF and NF. EDD 10/20-10/28.

Called the rep and it's still being built, but the vin is assigned.
Funny, I have the same build as you, ordered before, you, have an EDD start date before you, and no VIN. It's all just nonsense.

1146 Order here, LR White/White 19" In, NC located, received VIN yesterday (MF) although I don't know what the difference is between MF and NF. EDD 10/20-10/28.

Called the rep and it's still being built, but the vin is assigned.
Would question if it is truly "still being built" or one seen in the stacked logistics lot (NOT the misfit lot) from a recent fly over (not Gabe's).

Bingo - Tesla stated clearly that deliveries are ready to go in February 2021, mere weeks after announcing the refresh on 01/27/2021 when I ordered. We all recognize NO car was ready for production then and not all announced are yet installed / available, so there were lies from the start. Dozens of EDD changes later and never any apology or explanation or communication or realistically none in sight, this is all simply a scam!!

Comments??

Ganbei...
don't let it eat you alive. Just cancel and go to the Audi or Porsche dealer.

Which SC?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Comments??

Ganbei...
Where in Florida are you? We have identical builds... I'll be taking delivery in wpb. My EDD hasn't changed since... Well, look at my signature.