Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And me, although I do have 21s. 1145, ordered 2/21. Maybe switching wheels in July pushed me out

Just anecdotal, but I have doubts this was a factor. We’re in very similar position to you, came REALLY close to switching from 19s to 21s back in July, but stuck to our guns & stayed with the 19s.

I really think the white interior supply was the most limiting factor, regardless of 19s/arachnids.

I am am skeptical. I just got a vin 36 hours ago and it was MF.

But the biggest negative is that the NHTSA VPIC web database contains the filings from each manufacturer for VIN descriptions every year. Tesla hasn't filed a 2022 VIN plan with NHTSA yet.

Perhaps Tesla can issue VINS before it files with NHTSA, but you'd think that would be more coordinated somehow. Also, last year's filing was 8/24/2020 , well ahead of the emergence of 2021 VINs in October. It was revised on 2/18/2021 to include the refreshed LR and Plaid powertrains.

I would expect the 2022 filing to include not only the 2022 model year, but add Austin Texas as a factory with perhaps an A or a T to replace the F for Fremont.

To find a annual VIN plan filing , go here, and type in Tesla for 'Name'. In the search results then look through the columns for "Model Year To" that says 2021 or 2022. (No 2022 has appeared yet...) . To view the plan, click on the document in the left column that starts with ORG to see all the details.

This was really informative, thanks for the post!

Just thinking out loud here - do you know if there was a delay between the 8/24/2020 filing versus it being post to the website? Maybe to narrow the gap between filing & website availability we could check for the most recent filing on the website that’s showing 2022 VINs for other manufacturers?

Just thinking out loud here - do you know if there was a delay between the 8/24/2020 filing versus it being post to the website? Maybe to narrow the gap between filing & website availability we could check for the most recent filing on the website that’s showing 2022 VINs for other manufacturers?

...and think about it. Could there be a DELAY in a GOVERNMENT entity doing something TECHNOLOGY related. ;-)

In my opinion literally every move tesla makes has to do with their stock price. I have no idea how vin filing affects it but I would bet it’s related.

Just anecdotal, but I have doubts this was a factor. We’re in very similar position to you, came REALLY close to switching from 19s to 21s back in July, but stuck to our guns & stayed with the 19s.

I really think the white interior supply was the most limiting factor, regardless of 19s/arachnids.
Could be, but it's maddening to see someone with the same build less than 50 miles from me have an EDD more than a month earlier when they ordered more than a month after me..

1D9F5F5B-4FB9-4130-858A-56A132C7E587.jpeg
Took delivery this morning. All I can say is it is worth the wait. It was flawless, this thing is a beast. Enuf said. Off for a drive…