Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I recall, jaguar36 had an original delivery in late Sept that was cancelled due to some paint issue (or something). @jaguar36 I thought you mentioned that the SA told you it would be another month for the next one to be delivered to you. Are you saying that this was then pushed back to Jan?
I read most of his messages. This guy is all over the place.

Hey guys I ended up taking delivery on Tuesday. Feels good to have all the waiting and headaches behind me. The car is stunning to look at and essentially a personal roller coaster.

-They identified a minor paint issue where the door was rubbing the front fender that they will fix in December when the body shop opens
-I also did not get the floor boards in the trunk, they are backordered. There should also be a cargo cover I believe?
-Can anybody tell if these tires are all season or summer only? It's gonna start getting cold here so I want to figure out if I need to switch them out. Sorry I know it's not the clearest picture.

Hope you all get yours soon, it is worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_4021.jpg
    IMG_4021.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4029.jpg
    IMG_4029.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 65
Hey guys I ended up taking delivery on Tuesday. Feels good to have all the waiting and headaches behind me. The car is stunning to look at and essentially a personal roller coaster.

-They identified a minor paint issue where the door was rubbing the front fender that they will fix in December when the body shop opens
-I also did not get the floor boards in the trunk, they are backordered. There should also be a cargo cover I believe?
-Can anybody tell if these tires are all season or summer only? It's gonna start getting cold here so I want to figure out if I need to switch them out. Sorry I know it's not the clearest picture.

Those are summer. The Contis are AS. As multiple have stated, the Plaid only comes with summer tires.

FWIW, I went to the local Tesla (store?) and the person said (and I quote) "I can check what's called a Soft Match in my side", which is more representative of what is expected at the manufacturing plant. My EDD is currently Dec 11 - Dec 31 and she indicated that all it says is December and that I should expect it to be "around or before that time". So, basically, I got that they really don't know jack.

Also, the person was extremely clear on 3 points but I have no idea if they were accurate.
1. The VIN is assigned when the car is built. It takes about 2 weeks after that for that car to be delivered to a location.
2. Once the car arrives, they expect you to be available for delivery within 3-7 days. They apparently inspect and prep the car for the first 2-3 days.
3. If you can't accept delivery within that timeline, you are put at the TOP of the list for the next VIN of that config.

Again, I have no idea if these are accurate statements. Plus, it royally sucks that the estimate is technically the entire month of December and so they have pretty much ruined my plans for any holiday getaway unless I'm willing to come back at moments notice.
In Sept I went to the SC they told me “the month of Oct“ my EDD was oct19-nov 08, then it went to Nov 02. They really don’t know a darn thing.

Nice pics the best part about your post is you ordered before me so I can be happy for you and don’t have to put on my hatter hat. Enjoy!

If I recall, jaguar36 had an original delivery in late Sept that was cancelled due to some paint issue (or something). @jaguar36 I thought you mentioned that the SA told you it would be another month for the next one to be delivered to you. Are you saying that this was then pushed back to Jan?
Yes, I got a VIN in Sept for an EOQ delivery. Something happened in transport (supposedly) and they couldn't deliver that one. At the time my SA told me I'd get the next one they made in my config, and he said that would be in a few weeks. Now my account says January. Is that true? Is what my SA true? Will it end up being March? June? Who the hell knows.

congratulations!! I went to tirerack.com and they say those are all season tires

I got a VIN yesterday for RN RN115122919.

Plaid Red/White/19/FSD.

I am in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Online it says pick up October 25 to November 2. I talked to my advisor, and she said I may be able to pick it up on Saturday the 23rd.

Earlier this week, they called because I had a black interior order that had arrived. Online it was saying October 28 is the earliest date, but they told me on the phone it was there now and I could be pick it up on the 19th. It was there and I went to see it, but I declined because it looked like White interior was going to be here soon.

At least here, the pickup dates can be earlier than what the website says once you have a VIN.

Yes, I got a VIN in Sept for an EOQ delivery. Something happened in transport (supposedly) and they couldn't deliver that one. At the time my SA told me I'd get the next one they made in my config, and he said that would be in a few weeks. Now my account says January. Is that true? Is what my SA true? Will it end up being March? June? Who the hell knows.
I think you might be texting/emailing someone that doesn't work for Tesla and is just playing games. :mad:

I use NFCU also. You will probably get an envelope in the mail within 2-3 days from NFCU with the loan check that only the dealer can cash, and the related loan documentation. You can pay the balance the day before or same day with a cashier’s check or by using the payments system that Tesla uses (and many many others use) called Plaid. Some distrust it but this mistrust is misplaced. Plaid is a payments company endorsed by most banks that provides a secure ACH payment platform that removes Tesla from any direct information of your banking details.

Good luck!

Before using Plaid (for the Tesla payment) change your banking password then change it back to your normal password, if you distrust the platform.

Simply unacceptable we customers keep eating *sugar* and asking for more

My RN number is 1142. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I think by "this guy" you mean Tesla. Every month or two they tell me my car is coming in 4-6 weeks. (although now its what 8-12?).
Your Tesla app will show this.
can you screenshot it? I know people that may be able to help with your situation.

Attachments

• D4BFE872-A946-4F6B-9EAD-64DBB42BB711.jpeg
    D4BFE872-A946-4F6B-9EAD-64DBB42BB711.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 53