Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite color combo! Took delivery of my plaid a few days ago after the transport truck broke down for a few days at a truck stop… over all. It was about 3 weeks from order to delivery (snagged up a inventory model) 8 miles on her.

Attachments

• 8804856E-C22E-4D2A-9D6F-BB5781C1FEFE.jpeg
    8804856E-C22E-4D2A-9D6F-BB5781C1FEFE.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 91
  • E633EC97-5FEA-4278-972A-8AD326096ED0.jpeg
    E633EC97-5FEA-4278-972A-8AD326096ED0.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 74
The waiting game is real!!! I probably check my app 15-20x per day just because. I know I won't get my car in 2021, but i can hope!
I have same configuration and I ordered 2 weeks after you. My EDD is Jan 16 - Feb 13, so probably coming from the same batch as your car! I also check my account often, hoping to see my car moving up to sometime in December, but I'm honestly fine with January. I'll be out of the country from Feb 1 - 18, so I'm hoping to get mine before that happens, but if not I'll just get pushed back even further...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have same configuration and I ordered 2 weeks after you. My EDD is Jan 16 - Feb 13, so probably coming from the same batch as your car! I also check my account often, hoping to see my car moving up to sometime in December, but I'm honestly fine with January. I'll be out of the country from Feb 1 - 18, so I'm hoping to get mine before that happens, but if not I'll just get pushed back even further...
Yeah I don’t mind January either. Just hope it doesn’t get pushed back

Are you doing the trade-in through Tesla or privately? If through Tesla, can they process the trade-in while it is in service? Car is already there, they can inspect it, yada yada. And then when they get a battery, they just put it into inventory or whatever.
That would be ideal, but I can’t get an answer, or communication really at all, from Tesla 🙄

Same config. Order three and three and a half months prior to you both. So, yea.

On Oct 2, I texted my SA asking if the Oct EDD at that time was accurate. Their response was

“the estimate on my end is Oct - Dec, so it’s possible”.

On Nov 2, I texted my SA informing them that the Oct EDD clearly didn’t happen and my EDD now slipped to Dec 14-Dec 31. When I asked if this date was real, their response was

“I see you set for December delivery at this time. Hope all is well!”

On Nov 28, I texted my SA asking if this suspicious Dec 30 - Dec 31 EDD was real or just a way to tell me that they will try to deliver it by 2021. The response was

“It appears there is some truth to your estimated delivery. I'm seeing end of December to first week of January. Just keep in mind it could change again. Hopefully it won't.”

Conclusion:
My SA has no real info other than what I see…

On Oct 2, I texted my SA asking if the Oct EDD at that time was accurate. Their response was

“the estimate on my end is Oct - Dec, so it’s possible”.

On Nov 2, I texted my SA informing them that the Oct EDD clearly didn’t happen and my EDD now slipped to Dec 14-Dec 31. When I asked if this date was real, their response was

“I see you set for December delivery at this time. Hope all is well!”

On Nov 28, I texted my SA asking if this suspicious Dec 30 - Dec 31 EDD was real or just a way to tell me that they will try to deliver it by 2021. The response was

“It appears there is some truth to your estimated delivery. I'm seeing end of December to first week of January. Just keep in mind it could change again. Hopefully it won't.”

Conclusion:
My SA has no real info other than what I see…
My SA would agree with your conclusion. All this “I’m seeing a soft match” and “we escalated you to a priority RN” is BS most SAs feed because they don’t want to admit that they have no intel. However when the car hits logistics they do have real info that our account doesn’t project.

Posted this on the delivery thread:
Tesla delivered my car this morning. It stayed in the garage as I played golf. Made an appointment for PPF and ceramic and drove to North Phoenix. Driving for the first time at 80 mph and trying to figure out the turn signals was a bit unnerving especially when there are 7 lanes. Got if figured out with my wife following in our P85. I did not notice any distortion in the rear window, but it could have been there but not obvious at all. The windows are not getting tinted so will take a closer look when I get it back. The white interior is stunning.

The question about the amount to pay. I mentioned the FSD "discount" and said the ability to pay is not available until 2 days before delivery which includes any adjustments. It shows on the Tesla app when payment can be made. I did use the Plaid service and it took about a minute. Pretty slick.

I want to chrome the wheels but my wife likes how MEAN the car looks with the black 21's on the white. Not sold yet but the PPF people agreed with her. All gaps looked great to me and I am very happy with the car even though it sat in a Fremont lot for a month. I will not get the car until Saturday.

Tesla delivered my car this morning. It stayed in the garage as I played golf. Made an appointment for PPF and ceramic and drove to North Phoenix. Driving for the first time at 80 mph and trying to figure out the turn signals was a bit unnerving especially when there are 7 lanes. Got if figured out with my wife following in our P85. I did not notice any distortion in the rear window, but it could have been there but not obvious at all. The windows are not getting tinted so will take a closer look when I get it back. The white interior is stunning.

The question about the amount to pay. I mentioned the FSD "discount" and said the ability to pay is not available until 2 days before delivery which includes any adjustments. It shows on the Tesla app when payment can be made. I did use the Plaid service and it took about a minute. Pretty slick.

I want to chrome the wheels but my wife likes how MEAN the car looks with the black 21's on the white. Not sold yet but the PPF people agreed with her. All gaps looked great to me and I am very happy with the car even though it sat in a Fremont lot for a month. I will not get the car until Saturday.
I agree with your wife and the PPF people. Chrome anything has become very dated, especially chrome wheels. There’s a reason tesla now does black trimming out of the factory vs the old dated chrome trim.

Chrome wheels? Absolutely not sir. That is very 1990s.

By the way, I didn’t mention that they delivered my car without “a few missing accessories”—namely floor mats, load floor cover, and parcel shelf. What are load floor cover and parcel shelf?
Parcel shelf fits on the rails behind the back seat headrests to conceal the trunk contents. Load floor cover is I think the cover on bottom of trunk that makes the trunk flat and lifts for more storage underneath

Parcel shelf fits on the rails behind the back seat headrests to conceal the trunk contents. Load floor cover is I think the cover on bottom of trunk that makes the trunk flat and lifts for more storage underneath
Thanks. Yes, that makes sense. Those things are missing. In theory, Tesla is supposed to notify me when they come in. In practice, I doubt Tesla will be able to keep track of this.

Thanks. Yes, that makes sense. Those things are missing. In theory, Tesla is supposed to notify me when they come in. In practice, I doubt Tesla will be able to keep track of this.
you should also have a 3rd piece for the trunk (I think) the corner storage area cover?

I have heard of people putting in service requests for the missing parts and Tesla will mail them.

you should also have a 3rd piece for the trunk (I think) the corner storage area cover?

I have heard of people putting in service requests for the missing parts and Tesla will mail them.

Yeah, right now the trunk space has a large depression where we can store stuff (we put a medium-sized cooler there, and there is enough room for another). But it would be nice to have a flat cover, both for appearances and so that luggage can lay flat. I was told to put in a service request, which I did. We will see where that leads.