Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Logic would dictate that 21s will be arriving then. True, last year was the first year they made that switch, but don't think they will switch that back to the old standard. Would make zero sense.

I'm waiting to order my Model Y based on this information but received this text from the SA.

9/9/2020 - "Around November is what we’re thinking and allot of people are doing the same thing which is making the order time get pushed out. I would recommend getting in line now so you don’t have to wait a couple months to get one when they launch."

9/10/2020 - "The line just opened up the for 2021 models! Would you like to be at the front of the line and hop in now?"

I'm still going to wait until the beginning of October before I order, just to be safe.

I'm waiting to order my Model Y based on this information but received this text from the SA.

9/9/2020 - "Around November is what we’re thinking and allot of people are doing the same thing which is making the order time get pushed out. I would recommend getting in line now so you don’t have to wait a couple months to get one when they launch."

9/10/2020 - "The line just opened up the for 2021 models! Would you like to be at the front of the line and hop in now?"

I'm still going to wait until the beginning of October before I order, just to be safe.

How can the SA be sure? I thought SA don't know much more than we do.

I been following Tesla forums for many years, since MS introduction, ordered twice MS and cancelled due Tesla error.
But this is first time (last 2 months) when i see so many Tesla SA calling or emailing about "order now" and "don`t wait".

This is happening right now when i`m almost ready to pull the trigger for new MY.

That`s why i`m waiting for MY 2021 no matter when it comes out.
I just feel something is not right and will happen in near future.

I also been told by my SA waiting time will be 11-14 weeks if i don`t order now.
Yeah right, i see people everyday getting their new cars without even having time to sell theirs or process loan with their banks.

Well we will see, 7 more days and we are already in October...

Reactions: NJEV-Don
I'm seeing many Model Y's in my area. Can't wait to see more. Bring them on. Most dealers have great sales on the labor day weekend so to make room for the New year models coming on the lot in November. I think Tesla started doing this as well last year.

I been following Tesla forums for many years, since MS introduction, ordered twice MS and cancelled due Tesla error.
But this is first time (last 2 months) when i see so many Tesla SA calling or emailing about "order now" and "don`t wait".

This is happening right now when i`m almost ready to pull the trigger for new MY.

That`s why i`m waiting for MY 2021 no matter when it comes out.
I just feel something is not right and will happen in near future.

I cancelled my order and within an hour started getting calls... from Tesla, SA, you name it. They’re all saying lock in current pricing now. All the calls have done is make me want to delay. Battery day and RWD speculation coupled with quality control issues have people more than willing to wait. There’s another thread where people are reporting ordering this week wanting Q4 deliveries and getting September delivery dates. Rejected/deferred deliveries reassigned?

I cancelled my order and within an hour started getting calls... from Tesla, SA, you name it. They’re all saying lock in current pricing now. All the calls have done is make me want to delay. Battery day and RWD speculation coupled with quality control issues have people more than willing to wait. There’s another thread where people are reporting ordering this week wanting Q4 deliveries and getting September delivery dates. Rejected/deferred deliveries reassigned?

Yeah same thing here, my wife did test drive last month and she does not know anything about cars.
But she noticed extremely bad door alignment on that car and i explained her that test cars are rejected cars and they are using them for loaners/test drives.
But then we saw white MY in Target parking lot and what a coincidence that car had same issue!
Very bad, i had to convince my wife that not all cars are like that!

• Love
Reactions: Blue2018
Yeah same thing here, my wife did test drive last month and she does not know anything about cars.
But she noticed extremely bad door alignment on that car and i explained her that test cars are rejected cars and they are using them for loaners/test drives.
But then we saw white MY in Target parking lot and what a coincidence that car had same issue!
Very bad, i had to convince my wife that not all cars are like that!

But I thought you were waiting for the $25k Tesla because all you want it for is local driving? Why spend $50k on a vehicle that you don't need the range and don't want to use the Supercharger network?

But I thought you were waiting for the $25k Tesla because all you want it for is local driving? Why spend $50k on a vehicle that you don't need the range and don't want to use the Supercharger network?

man are you following all my posts? :)

I have few options and large family!
And want Tesla somewhere in my garage!
MY with 350 mi range for long trips or MY with 250 miles for city driving.
315 miles is something between, not useful for us. And in AZ and NV we dont need AWD.
Last time it was raining here 160 days ago

That 25k car will be released in 2030 - elon time!