Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYLR: Trunk floor board composition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watts_Up: You're right. I always try to keep OEM intact. I'll experiment with plywood first.

The material is black plastic, maybe high density polyethylene. No big deal to replace it if I need to.

@Pianewman I would be interested knowing what kind of project you have in mind?

I recently lowered the bottom part of my Model 3 by about 6" because the spare tire was blocking
the access and I could not put vertically my grocery bags.

I also built a box for my tools, that I can lock with a key, So nothing can be taken away if I was giving my car to a shop or a valet parking.

See the following posting #71:

20200211_090242-jpg.557514

I've learned that the VredesteinSpaceMaster bolts up just fine, now trying to find space for it. Laying it down, at an angle in the deep well, toward the bumper, it will protrude 4-5" above the trunk floor. I'm planning to cut an opening in the floor to accommodate this bulge. It won't be pretty, but the loss of space is minimal, considering the size of the wheel.

We drive long distances in desolate places (TX, NM, AZ) and having a spare is important to me.

Jeez...I appreciate the comment, but I don't need yet another lecture on plug kits and compressors. This dead horse has been beaten to death...again and again.

A sidewall blowout in the wilds of TX, NM, AZ can't be repaired by a plug and a compressor.

I want a spare. ;) (I'm cranky, fixing dinner, when I'd rather be fussing with my MY!!!!)