Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 11/1 MYP, MSM, FSD, Hitch and have no VIN, but estimate 12/13 to 12/31.

What has me so curious is that you can poke around the Tesla website under new and used inventory and see Model Y's with as low as 100 miles and many under 1,000 miles with various option levels available for immediate order. Even stranger is that under new it has Y's with hundreds of miles and used with the same mileage, so how is New or Used differentiated. Check this out New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
I know this because I originally planned to buy one of these 'new' with miles model Ys until I heard about the improvements coming to the 2021. The new models are typically loaners/demo vehicles. Used are Cars that were new but had too many miles (some states have max miles allowed on a car to be sold as new) OR they were actually bought by someone and returned during the 7 day window, I'm sure there are other possibilities as well. Maybe someone bought a car and then immediately traded it back in.

If you go an test drive a car, basically any of the test drive demo cars can be purchased. They don't advertise them all under the new section but if you particularly like one of the models you drive you can as your SA about purchasing it. That's partially why I go to test drive once every 2 weeks or so haha.

I know this because I originally planned to buy one of these 'new' with miles model Ys until I heard about the improvements coming to the 2021. The new models are typically loaners/demo vehicles. Used are Cars that were new but had too many miles (some states have max miles allowed on a car to be sold as new) OR they were actually bought by someone and returned during the 7 day window, I'm sure there are other possibilities as well. Maybe someone bought a car and then immediately traded it back in.

If you go an test drive a car, basically any of the test drive demo cars can be purchased. They don't advertise them all under the new section but if you particularly like one of the models you drive you can as your SA about purchasing it. That's partially why I go to test drive once every 2 weeks or so haha.

I didn’t know you could buy test drive units. I did a test drive on a MYP that was spec’d close to how I would’ve liked and it was brand new!

Anyone in Northern California received any info on their order? Ordered my MYP on 10/27 and still nothing showing for a vin or est. delivery date. I know we would be closer to the end of the month, but figured it would show something by now!!

I have a Wall Charger that is getting pretty lonely in my garage!!

Anyone in Northern California received any info on their order? Ordered my MYP on 10/27 and still nothing showing for a vin or est. delivery date. I know we would be closer to the end of the month, but figured it would show something by now!!

Ordered mine a week after you, no vin, but est. delivery is 18-31 on the account page. SA told they will start distributing order on the 18th, I guess they are really pushing CA, esp. bay area to the very last of the queue to fulfill everyone outside of the bay area first. Hope he said is right, don't mind for another week, as long as it sticks.

I'm in the exact same position as you. Installed my wall connecter this weekend and my account shows no vin or est. delivery date. I'm more in their backyard as being really close to Fremont so we'll see. Nearing the 18th would be great. I ordered 10/23.

Edit* We are practically the same distance from Fremont. :)

My white performance has mismatched front and rear bumper paint. I got approved for the California cvap after I took delivery of the white. Helps offset the cost so I’m not losing too much. I’ll get the 2021 small refresh. And I’m about to put on ppf, ceramic, tint, and coilovers. I wanna do it on a vehicle that doesn’t have paint defects.
AND you ordered Red! Good job! Same here, ordered Red, best color EVER!