Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate got pushed back and it is now saying Dec 17-31st...Kind of irritated

My original estimate when I placed the order was 5-9 weeks from Oct 15th. So, I've been excited since the 5 week mark thinking it could be any time. We're approaching the 9 week mark and now they push me back even further.

If they deliver it Dec 17-31st, that will mean it's actually 10-12 weeks from order date and with no communication whatsoever, except for when my trade-in estimate expired and they made me re-submit that stuff and it lowered my trade-in value.

I'm pretty close to just cancelling this order and walking away from Tesla. It doesn't give me a lot of faith in the company that they can't deliver cars on time or at least communicate with me about why it's delayed. This combined with all the consistently poor quality issues that so many people report makes me feel Tesla is not totally trustworthy.

Ordered MYP on October 22. At that time the estimated delivery was missing on the website. My order page have never shown any expected delivery date and is still blank today. I have received the auto text 2 weeks ago saying delivery 1-3 weeks away, but that is all. No VIN, nothing. I already have M3P and keeping it, so this makes the wait a bit more palatable.

when my trade-in estimate expired and they made me re-submit that stuff and it lowered my trade-in value.

You can always craigslist it at higher end price and see if anyone will take it? I sold my model S for $12k more than what Tesla was going to give me for trade-in, and all I did was advertise it on craigslist at a price I didn't think would sell. Then it did. So I put in an order for the MY right away.

Except ... then I realised - why the **** am I getting a model Y in the middle of the pandemic when I don't plan on going anywhere?

So I leased a Leaf for $130/mo for 24mo (out of pocket cost is $3200) - which is probably cheaper than the Y's depreciation - until the pandemic is done and I need to drive somewhere again.

Hi, just joined after getting delivery of my MYP on Dec. 7th after ordering on Sept. 2nd! Took 3 months, luckily my trade-in only went down by $2000.

VIN 79XXX
Deep Blue Metallic
Black Interior
Tow Hitch
No FSD

Car had the latest updates: laminated windows, auto-dimming mirrors, USB in glovebox, metal scroll wheels and silver outlined seat controls.

Not many issues, passenger side door was slightly sticking out, driver side rear seat had trouble folding down with the release button. Addressed at the delivery centre. Seat still having issues folding down so will probably get service to look at it later. Rest of the car looked good.

Waited to get snow tires until delivery, luckily found some 19" in-stock still locally. Hopefully temperatures stay steady until I get them on.

WHOAH!! I literally just received an estimated delivery date of December 15th-31st! WOOOHOOOOO!! Now, I just hope it delivers BEFORE the 23rd (preferably the 21st) so I can drive it home for the holidays!! :D:D The Tesla god(s) have LISTENED!!
I am in the same boat. Mine say 18th-31st too but was hoping to have it closer to 18th so I could get a nice long drive in. What are the chances given it is the end of the quarter than they are running early on deliveries?

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
I am in the same boat. Mine say 18th-31st too but was hoping to have it closer to 18th so I could get a nice long drive in. What are the chances given it is the end of the quarter than they are running early on deliveries?
I wish I knew the answer to your question, but unfortunately I don’t. I’ll definitely stay hopeful with you though and that we get delivery BEFORE the days we wish will happen. Fingers crossed!

I kind of would prefer delivery after they announce the new big update. It would show whether or not a heated steering wheel is coming. I could care less about metal vs rubber scroll wheels but if the metal scrolls mean the car has a heated wheel I for sure want that feature.

Only issue is there is a 4k tax credit in CO that goes down to 2.5k after the new year so it definitely would be cutting it close if there is anything wrong with the car that delays it.

I kind of would prefer delivery after they announce the new big update. It would show whether or not a heated steering wheel is coming. I could care less about metal vs rubber scroll wheels but if the metal scrolls mean the car has a heated wheel I for sure want that feature.

Only issue is there is a 4k tax credit in CO that goes down to 2.5k after the new year so it definitely would be cutting it close if there is anything wrong with the car that delays it.
I live in Maryland and it’s 32° here today, and honestly don’t care about a heated steering wheel. It’s would be nice if it had it for sure, but right now I just want full electric and FSD, haha. But I’m not putting you down in any way for how you feel in regards to your comment, completely understand.

After getting my VIN on 12/6 and the delivery est getting updated to 12/15-12/21 I received a text yesterday to schedule my pickup. I took the first available slot. If all goes well I'm picking it up on Sunday the 20th.

MYP - Solid Black. White interior. No tow. No FSD. Ordered 11/3. Long Island, NY. VIN: 84XXX
Original delivery estimate was 5-9 weeks.

Ordered 11/1 MYP, MSM, FSD, Hitch and have no VIN, but estimate 12/13 to 12/31.

What has me so curious is that you can poke around the Tesla website under new and used inventory and see Model Y's with as low as 100 miles and many under 1,000 miles with various option levels available for immediate order. Even stranger is that under new it has Y's with hundreds of miles and used with the same mileage, so how is New or Used differentiated. Check this out New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Pictures should be required when delivery is confirmed in this thread. Let’s see the MYP that we’ve all waited weeks, or months, for!
Pictures should be required when delivery is confirmed in this thread. Let’s see the MYP that we’ve all waited weeks, or months, for!

Haha good point! Here’s some pics:
C85A475F-2E4A-42FB-BAAC-EE011888FF79.jpeg 63E627DE-0E8C-4D77-908E-17DF9D3C93FE.jpeg