Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with this completely. There’s a few things that we had before and that are present in the UI on the M3 and MY, but aren’t on the MS. I see a v11 update coming very soon bringing some of the features that we are missing coming back. Some other missing items are controls for regenerative braking, adjustments for seats, energy breakdown, and some other very small features being taken away. Also, not to mention the lack of customization options for the dash. I personally don’t like the current setup and would like to have things setup differently, so hopefully that is possible via an update in the near future!
I was under the impression we were not going to get controls for regenerative braking back.

Reactions: omarsultan
Reactions: Zaker89
It might have been earlier in this thread or another one, but the way the manual reads leads me to believe further functionality is coming to the scroll wheels.
I think everyone needs to remember that v10 was never intended for the refreshed X/S vehicles. v11 will bring a lot of the features that we saw for these models and will truly take advantage of the processing power and new hardware that we have in these cars. I completely agree! The Yoke can be used for so much more and I sure hope that it is.

I was under the impression we were not going to get controls for regenerative braking back.
I was under the impression that users would at least have the ability to control the hold feature that is new for these vehicles. The regenerative braking now works up until 0mph to which the hold feature then activates, making it almost completely unnecessary to use the brake for most of your driving experience. Some people will like this, and others won‘t, so there should at least be an option.

So, have a fix for the blank theater screen--forget where I found it. Rename your car to "Rabbit of Caerbannog", let the Monty Python easer egg play though, go to theater and make sure YouTube, etc are back, then rename you car to whatever it was.
Unbelievable that actually worked !!! Only issue left is my TuneIn won't stream but at least it is recognized as a source now.