Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed yesterday that they fixed an annoyance I had with the earlier software.. the browser now seems to keep previously loaded pages in the background when minimized.

On older cars it makes sense to free up the memory used for things like the browser when minimized/closed, but the new AMD platform probably has a decent amount of RAM, so glad to see they now take advantage of it here.

My use case is things like abetterrouteplanner.com. It is pretty annoying to have it do a full reload every time you swap out of the browser and come back, but now it works great!

I just noticed yesterday that they fixed an annoyance I had with the earlier software.. the browser now seems to keep previously loaded pages in the background when minimized.

On older cars it makes sense to free up the memory used for things like the browser when minimized/closed, but the new AMD platform probably has a decent amount of RAM, so glad to see they now take advantage of it here.

My use case is things like abetterrouteplanner.com. It is pretty annoying to have it do a full reload every time you swap out of the browser and come back, but now it works great!
Yup, found this out the hardway with my wife in the car. My buddy and I were seeing which "videos" would play. 2 days later she wants to google something...oops

Am I the only one the charging port not opening with charger button? It does open if I keep pressing near the port but doesn't work like the model Y did.

If this is the software issue I just can wait but I'll request the service if hardware issue

Software version is 2021.12.4.9

Am I the only one the charging port not opening with charger button? It does open if I keep pressing near the port but doesn't work like the model Y did.

If this is the software issue I just can wait but I'll request the service if hardware issue

Software version is 2021.12.4.9
It is a known issue on new Model S. They can run an additional Bluetooth antenna. Had to do it on my Plaid.

Reactions: Zaker89