Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone having issues with the screen shutting off and door locking upon leaving the car? It usually works most of the time. But on several occasions I find myself having to open and close the door in order for the screen to shut off when I'm leaving my car. Am I missing something?
I just had that this evening. The car had music playing still after I walked away. I had to open the garage, put it in reverse, put it back in park. And walk away again.

As others have mentioned, my Fobs show as unknown. I have named them, and the name has stuck through reboots. The only frustration is that I can't use key phone so, since it doesn't recognize the fobs as fobs, I can't use the phone/fob walkaway settings.
I had some issues with fobs and phone key. I deleted everything and started fresh with manual pages in my lap. Everything works now.

However someone mentioned that when he closed door and walked away from car, the music was still playing.
I use a usb for my music. It never turns off when I park and close the door. When I walk far enough away the car horn goes off, doors lock and music turns off. Only way to stop the music otherwise is by hitting the pause button on music.
I don’t know what happens when I use other music sources.

I just had that this evening. The car had music playing still after I walked away. I had to open the garage, put it in reverse, put it back in park. And walk away again.

I use a usb for my music. It never turns off when I park and close the door. When I walk far enough away the car horn goes off, doors lock and music turns off. Only way to stop the music otherwise is by hitting the pause button on music.

Reactions: gadelrosario
clicking the right scroll wheel left or right to adjust following distance is missing as well
I think the manual states something to the effect of "right now, implementation of the scroll wheel functionality is not complete" or something to that nature. Which leads me to believe further functionality, or previous functionality, is coming back. Just this version was rushed / half baked to meet the June 10th event.

I think the manual states something to the effect of "right now, implementation of the scroll wheel functionality is not complete" or something to that nature. Which leads me to believe further functionality, or previous functionality, is coming back. Just this version was rushed / half baked to meet the June 10th event.
Thanks. I do see this in the manual "Note: There is currently no action associated with pushing the right scroll button to the left or right."

Reactions: cwanja
This has been an issue for at least 6 years. Doubt it will get fixed

Anyone else have their rear screen and music stay on when the car is in the garage, locked, and plugged into the charger waiting to charge?

The only thing I can think is that I have car seats in the car, and perhaps it thinks there is a person back there? The dash and main screen are off.
Seems like as long as it's detecting my key I have this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing connectivity issues in the refresh? I have frequently had problems when I ask for a song or give a different command.
Would like to reverse my position on this. My problems on the last update are not better, specifically skipping tracks mid song. Again I am a pre refresh but hoping for most refresh sake that your experience is a fluke.

My phone key has been solid--funny how inconsistent functioning is across a relatively small group of cars.
My phone key has only been configure for a day. It was just released on my phone a few days ago. It seems to be working fine so far.

I am not sure why the car has left the rear screen on and played music several times. It seems like it is not very forgiving on the car exit sequence. Perhaps I need to completely close everything up and get everything out before plugging into the charger.

I'll put some testing into it when I get home and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Reactions: cwanja
Anybody else having issues with the cars ability to read speed limit signs? I drove down to Florida and the car was suddenly seeing 65 as 45, or not seeing the signs at all. I rebooted and it was fine. However, on my return trip the same thing occurred and I had to stop and reboot again.
I was on auto steer if it matters.

ps. no issues with my iPhone car key.

Reactions: hcdavis3