Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S - steering wheel yolk material peeling off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Are they not straightening the yoke and using Easy Access when they get out? I do that every time and my factory yoke looks fine.
Mine has worn out both times on the top left, where I rest my thumb/forefinger when Iā€™m driving. 30,000 miles in 13 months. Maybe just more contact? Who knows. I do know I donā€™t want this to be an annual thing.

You will have to subpoena the interior camera footage to find out.

Had two original yokes and they wore through quickly. Third one was new Gen and is more robust.
Same here. I'm on my 3rd and it is holding up. The latest replacement does have a problem with being very difficult to skip songs but I've been waiting for a better revision before taking it in for another replacement.

So about 6 months ago I had my yoke replaced due to it peeling and now Iā€™ve got the same thing happening again. Hereā€™s a screen shot of my interaction with mobile. Take it for what you willā€¦

View attachment 909632
My yoke has the same issue. CS will make a replacement. The part number is G. Is that G version the newest version ?

I doubt all the car produced by now if suffer this issue sometimes in future and Teslaay have to replacement all of them, a big cost for the manufacturer

My yoke has the same issue. CS will make a replacement. The part number is G. Is that G version the newest version ?

I doubt all the car produced by now if suffer this issue sometimes in future and Teslaay have to replacement all of them, a big cost for the manufacturer
My last replacement was a G and that was done early August 2022.

Tesla said this one for my car they are bringing to install in March is still revision G so not sure when this rumored new H or whatever version is coming out?
Tesla definitely would not say anything about upcoming changes. I am suspecting (hoping) that the next revision will have the problem solved. We are also waiting for the airbag horn to be enabled as promised.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Had my 3rd yoke added today. Seems the SCs are okay replacing them as the material is trash.
E717E581-3E2B-495D-868A-979B21DA7206.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
As an aside, the left side yoke lights (turn signals and high beam) didn't work once the new yoke was installed. The right side yoke lights were illuminated. They resent the latest firmware 2023.6.8 (which I had installed the prior night). After reinstalling 2023.6.8, all lights illuminated.

• Informative
Reactions: Bull and zoomer0056