Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAND RUBY is battling large Atlantic swells and has just decided to head closer to the Iberian coast by turning right 30 degrees. Her speed has increased to just over 16kts on this new heading which is taking her towards Porto, 400NM away. Her ETA for Zeebrugge is midday on Thursday which agrees with the Zeebrugge port schedule. I think this is easily achievable.

Grand Ruby Atlantic.png

The evil polluter GLOVIS COMPANION continues on her rhumb line course of 060 degrees but is now making over 19kts! This will take her through the Azores and hopefully avoid the worst of the Atlantic weather. She still has about 2800NM to go until she arrives in Zeebrugge and to arrive on her ETA she will need to maintain over 19kts all the way. This would be a bold ambition at any time in the Atlantic but in late February, it is grossly optimistic. Her ETA for Zeebrugge remains 2100Z on 27 Feb but I fully expect this to slip right.

We are still 24hrs from the result of the GLOVIS COMPANION competition but my gut feel is that she will have slipped the net and we won’t have a direct hit. We might need to have another quick competition, a quick fire round - stay tuned…

Glovis Companion Atlantic Progress.png

LAKE GENEVA is now back up to 15.8kts. I’m not quite sure why she spent so long at reduced speed. She is currently about 130NM off the coast of Costa Rica and has about 530NM to go to Panama.
There is no chance of her completing her Panama transit tomorrow as originally forecast and so we are looking at a minimum of a 24 hour delay. A canal transit on Tuesday is still just possible.
At the moment her estimate for Zeebrugge remains 1900Z on 6 Mar, but I expect that will slip to the right.

If you haven’t already, now is a great time to enter the LAKE GENEVA competition. It’s free! ENTER HERE

Geneva Pac.png

MORNING CAPO There is good evidence to suggest that she is carrying some RHD Model3s for the UK and Ireland onboard. Annoyingly I’m still not receiving satellite derived positions from this ship (nether are any of the other tracking services either) and the last satellite position report in the system was last Monday when she was SW of India. I estimate she is in the Red Sea. Her itinerary shows her heading to Zeebrugge where she will arrive on 6 Mar. The Zeebrugge port schedule is showing her as arriving there on 5 Mar. How UK bound vehicles will be sent on to Southampton is yet to be determined.

Capo to Suez.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS is alongside Pier 80 and is continuing to load. I received an email late last night from my correspondent in San Francisco and he reckons that loading won’t be completed at Pier 80 until late on Monday and his money would be on a departure early on Tuesday morning. She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and the last ship of Q1 to Europe from Pier 80.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

The next ship to load at Pier 80 will be GRAND MARK which is currently unloading on the other side of the San Francisco Bay at Benicia. The plan is for her to come alongside Pier 80 as soon as GLOVIS SIRIUS departs which at the moment looks like being in the early hours of Tuesday morning. I think that she will be heading to the Far East and will likely be the last ship to load at Pier 80 this quarter.

VIKING BRAVERY will depart from New Jersey on 4 Mar bound for Zeebrugge. This continues the custom for Tesla to squeeze an extra boatload to Europe by sending the cars overland by train to New Jersey and then loading them on a ship from there. I estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 12 Mar which will be ahead of GLOVIS SIRIUS.

Meanwhile in Drammen in Norway the temperature has risen to about 2C but it is now foggy.
There doesn't appear to have been any rush to move the cars from the dockside over the weekend because they still appear to be there in the bottom left of the picture. I find it bizarre that the white ones are more visbile!

Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 12.09.12.png

• Funny
Reactions: ABCTG
They know which ship it's on but whether they tell you is another thing! Some nice agents do, some don't. From feedback over the years there would appear to be a field on the their computer system that tells them exactly where the car is at that instant. It doesn't say what happens next or detail the next stage of its journey.
Cheers - I’ll try tomorrow. While they make great cars, they don’t do customer service!

• Love
Reactions: Mm2021
Hi, Known. When did u order? I ordered 01.02.21
I think mine is also on Lake Geneva. Or maybe in Glovis Companion. Waiting time sucks.

I ordered 04.02.21 so just a couple of days later than you. Yeah, really sucks... It stated when I ordered that delivery would be in February on cars that you build. Thats why I took a car that was already built and stated as under transport..

• Love
Reactions: Chopper yi
So, a little update. I was thinking that my car was on the Glovis Companion due to my delivery date being between 10-20 march. But today I got a message from my sales rep telling me the car was on Lake Geneva...
My sales rep also said:

"A small heads up, deliveries are affected of weather and wind so there is a possibility that the VIN numbers will change from the car that you are matched with at this time if there are any delays"

GLOVIS COMPANION competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square H4 and within its Minor Square 22

As you know in this particular competition only a direct hit would win.

The closest entry was @ReisaM3Y (H4 11) who was just 124 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
Next closest was @muraliaix (H5 8) who was a mere 144NM off target.

Some trivia for you:
The most popular GridSquare was H5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 7
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 143NM off target.

Watch out for another opportunity to nail the GLOVIS COMPANION coming later today........

Reactions: muraliaix
GRAND RUBY is just off the NW coast of Spain holding to the west of the main shipping lanes and is maintaining just under 17kts. Her ETA for Zeebrugge remains midday to be Thursday which agrees with the Zeebrugge port schedule. I think this is easily achievable and would not be surprised if this is brought forward a little.

Grand Ruby Atlantic.png

The flagrant polluter GLOVIS COMPANION has decided that instead of passing through the Azores it would be better to pass to the east of them and has adjusted her course accordingly. She has slowed to just under 18kts in the rough seas and so I think her ETA will need revising. Her ETA for Zeebrugge remains 2100Z on 27 Feb but I fully expect this to slip right.

Glovis Companion Atlantic Progress.png

LAKE GENEVA is cruising along the south coast of Panama and will arrive at the entrance of the canal later this evening. I’m hoping that she will be able to transit the canal tomorrow morning and so I will post some further information on the canal and links to webcams etc later today.

At the moment her estimate for Zeebrugge remains 1900Z on 6 Mar, but I expect that will slip to the right.

If you haven’t already, today may be the last chance to enter the LAKE GENEVA competition. The competition will close when she enters the canal. It’s free! ENTER HERE

Geneva Pac.png

MORNING CAPO There is good evidence to suggest that she is carrying some RHD Model3s for the UK and Ireland onboard. Annoyingly I’m still not receiving satellite derived positions from this ship (nether are any of the other tracking services either) and the last satellite position report in the system was last Monday when she was SW of India. I estimate she is currently exiting the Red Sea and entering the Gulf of Suez. She should transit the Suez Canal in the next 24 hours. Her itinerary shows her heading to Zeebrugge where she will arrive on 6 Mar. The Zeebrugge port schedule is showing her as arriving there on 5 Mar. How UK bound vehicles will be sent on to Southampton is yet to be determined.

Capo to Suez.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS is alongside Pier 80 and will finish loading later today. She will depart around this time tomorrow (Midday UK time)
She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and the last ship of Q1 to Europe from Pier 80.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

GRAND MARK
will come alongside Pier 80 as soon as GLOVIS SIRIUS departs tomorrow. I think that she will be heading to the Far East and will likely be the last ship to load at Pier 80 this quarter.

VIKING BRAVERY will depart from New Jersey on 4 Mar bound for Zeebrugge. This continues the custom for Tesla to squeeze an extra boatload to Europe by sending the cars overland by train to New Jersey and then loading them on a ship from there. I estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 12 Mar which will be ahead of GLOVIS SIRIUS.

GLOVIS COMPANION Quickfire Competition.
We didn't have a direct hit in our regular competition and so I though we should have a bonus round for this ship.
Once again you get 3 attempts.
All you have to do is predict where the GLOVIS COMPANION will be at Midday UTC on Wednesday 24 Feb 21.
The competition will close for new entries at 11am on Tuesday 23 Feb 21. TOMORROW!
There is no prize! It's just a bit of fun.
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest minor square first will be the winner.
Click HERE to enter!

Companion Major Squares .png

The red X on the chart above shows the position of GLOVIS COMPANION at midday today.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER
Competition closes at 11am tomorrow!
Good luck!

PS You can also enter the LAKE GENEVA competition by clicking HERE

Glovis Captain was 2 days into it's journey from Southampton to Egypt and suddenly had it's destination changed to Hamburg a few hours ago, waiting for it in Dubai, anyone know what's up? When do you reckon I can expect it here in Dubai?
That is bizarre!
I've not seen anything like that happen before. She has definitely turned around and is heading for Hamburg.

Mr. M - some in France have had their VINs changed and the Tesla folks letting them know that the boat that was carrying those cars are now routed to Israel and they got a new VIN with cars on a different ship later in March. Any thoughts on this?

GLOVIS COMPANION competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square H4 and within its Minor Square 22

As you know in this particular competition only a direct hit would win.

The closest entry was @ReisaM3Y (H4 11) who was just 124 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
Next closest was @muraliaix (H5 8) who was a mere 144NM off target.

Some trivia for you:
The most popular GridSquare was H5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 7
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 143NM off target.

Watch out for another opportunity to nail the GLOVIS COMPANION coming later today........
Yay ... thanks ... I did put in a reply for the quickfire competition - let’s see how that goes

Glovis Captain was 2 days into it's journey from Southampton to Egypt and suddenly had it's destination changed to Hamburg a few hours ago, waiting for it in Dubai, anyone know what's up? When do you reckon I can expect it here in Dubai?
I'm not sure what GLOVIS CAPTAIN was up to but she has now resumed her voyage to the Suez Canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.