Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really an amazing thread that we all learn from.
I ordered my Model 3 LR in the beginning of May, Im from israel. At first it showed delivery month in november, but then it changed for all who ordered to August/septermber for all model 3 models(SR,LR,PR). Can we assume this shipment will come from china ? thanks.

This is really an amazing thread that we all learn from.
I ordered my Model 3 LR in the beginning of May, Im from israel. At first it showed delivery month in november, but then it changed for all who ordered to August/septermber for all model 3 models(SR,LR,PR). Can we assume this shipment will come from china ? thanks.
I think so, certainly in Q2 the shipment came direct from China.
If you get an update to your delivery date, please post it on this thread (as much detail as possible!) so I can try and identify the ship.

I think so, certainly in Q2 the shipment came direct from China.
If you get an update to your delivery date, please post it on this thread (as much detail as possible!) so I can try and identify the ship.
Will do.
There was a shipment from US with LR that arrived here in early June, afterwards all new orders were at first for November, but 2 weeks ago it was changed for August/September.

As Q3 gets underway I'm monitoring the comings and goings over in Shanghai and I have already spotted a couple of ships of interest, HELIOS RAY and GLOVIS SYMPHONY.
Both these ships are currently sitting in the anchorage off Shanghai and both feature on several European port schedules in August.
So we can say that they will be heading to Europe for sure but we don't yet know if they are Tesla chartered vessels.
My money is on HELIOS RAY at the moment and I suspect she will be the first ship to dock in Shanghai.
(In Q2 the first Tesla ship departed on the 7th)

Reactions: RazorCH3
As Q3 gets underway I'm monitoring the comings and goings over in Shanghai and I have already spotted a couple of ships of interest, HELIOS RAY and GLOVIS SYMPHONY.
Both these ships are currently sitting in the anchorage off Shanghai and both feature on several European port schedules in August.
So we can say that they will be heading to Europe for sure but we don't yet know if they are Tesla chartered vessels.
My money is on HELIOS RAY at the moment and I suspect she will be the first ship to dock in Shanghai.
(In Q2 the first Tesla ship departed on the 7th
What info do you need? Is there an order to the RN number that fits or does the allocation happen once the ship unloads in the UK?
I notice the website is still stating August delivery for a LR ordered today.

Hop
Hoping one of these is mine and gets loaded on it!

What info do you need? Is there an order to the RN number that fits or does the allocation happen once the ship unloads in the UK?
I notice the website is still stating August delivery for a LR ordered today.
August delivery is what I would expect - there is no chance of anything arriving for July.
The allocation will happen some time after the ship is loaded and is on its way.
The only way to find out what ship your car is on for certain is for the Tesla rep to tell you. They often don't/won't/can't tell you this but some do.
Don't ask if it's on the HELIOS RAY because they will just say yes/no/possibly, it's much better if they tell you the name.
What is very useful is to ask when the ship will arrive in Southampton (RHD) or Zeebrugge (LHD) as they seem much more able to supply this info.
As always do post any nugget of info you obtain - it all adds to the overall picture!
Hop

Hoping one of these is mine and gets loaded on it!
I'm not sure your car will be amongst these.
This video was taken in June and the Tesla business model would dictate that they should be delivered within Q2 (by the end of June).
So I suspect these cars were exported to Taiwan, S. Korea or Japan ie an export market very close to Shanghai.
The good news is that your car will be manufactured in July.

Reactions: RazorCH3
Updating that Tesla changed today delivery dates to all ordered model 3 models in Israel, including my LR from September to November:/
They are really all sold out.
if it’s November, will the next delivery will be from Fremont?
Sorry I have no idea. This is Tesla and nothing is written in stone - things can change rapidly.
Somehow I doubt though if it will be supplied from USA.
I think it most likely to be China but who can rule out Germany?

Hoegh Target is currently in Shanghai. Its expected to arrive in Zeebrugge august, 11. Is this a possible Tesla shipment?
Not in my opinion.
SALOME is also loading in the other berth and she will also arrive in Zeebrugge in August but she is not a Tesla ship either.
The one to watch in my opinion is HELIOS RAY which is currently anchored off Shanghai. She got my hopes up earlier when she started moving but it was only a move to another anchorage.
Another ship to watch for is GLOVIS SYMPHONY which is also anchored out there.
There are lots of vehicle carriers anchored there and I am monitoring them all.
I'll post here when I spot something of interest!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: transpondster
Not in my opinion.
SALOME is also loading in the other berth and she will also arrive in Zeebrugge in August but she is not a Tesla ship either.
The one to watch in my opinion is HELIOS RAY which is currently anchored off Shanghai. She got my hopes up earlier when she started moving but it was only a move to another anchorage.
Another ship to watch for is GLOVIS SYMPHONY which is also anchored out there.
There are lots of vehicle carriers anchored there and I am monitoring them all.
I'll post here when I spot something of interest!
Just wanted to say I’m loving the updates! I’m hoping mine will be on one of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.