Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily update for 06/09/2021 of Q3 ships still sailing.

View attachment 705816

SFL CONDUCTOR is in the Bay of Biscay heading towards Zeebrugge. ETA 8th Sep 7am.

ELEKTRA has transitioned Suez and is now in the Mediterranean travelling at around 18 kts, she has also updated her destination to Southampton and ETA for 14th Sep 5am. The Mediterranean and Atlantic is in a calm state currently so not seeing any further delays right now. Impressive speed for the whole journey. ETA Zeebrugge 19th Sep.

GRAND RUBY has turned AIS back on and is pretty much spot on where expected. She will reach Suez tomorrow morning 6am and transition during the day, ETA Southampton 16th Sep and Zeebrugge around 17-18th Sep. I can see a staggering amount of Tesla's arriving 14-20th Sep to both Southampton and Zeebrugge!

TRITON ACE has AIS still turned off so location is where I assume her to be. Expected to make the current ETA to Suez that is 10th Sep. ETA to Southampton around 18th Sep as scheduled and Zeebrugge 20th Sep.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR will be reaching the bottom of Red Sea tonight and ETA to Suez 9th Sep 2pm, a day later than originally planned. Will be interesting to see her destination after passing through the canal.

DIONYSOS LEADER is now headed for Derince in Turkey. I have removed her from the map for now, but she is still scheduled to arrive 21st Sep too Zeebrugge so could have some Tesla's onboard for Q3.

My Tesla SA reckons Grand Ruby will be arriving in Southampton on 14th too by the way! Southampton docks will be full of Tesla’s on that date!

View attachment 705816

SFL CONDUCTOR is in the Bay of Biscay heading towards Zeebrugge. ETA 8th Sep 7am.

ELEKTRA has transitioned Suez and is now in the Mediterranean travelling at around 18 kts, she has also updated her destination to Southampton and ETA for 14th Sep 5am. The Mediterranean and Atlantic is in a calm state currently so not seeing any further delays right now. Impressive speed for the whole journey. ETA Zeebrugge 19th Sep.

GRAND RUBY has turned AIS back on and is pretty much spot on where expected. She will reach Suez tomorrow morning 6am and transition during the day, ETA Southampton 16th Sep and Zeebrugge around 17-18th Sep. I can see a staggering amount of Tesla's arriving 14-20th Sep to both Southampton and Zeebrugge!

TRITON ACE has AIS still turned off so location is where I assume her to be. Expected to make the current ETA to Suez that is 10th Sep. ETA to Southampton around 18th Sep as scheduled and Zeebrugge 20th Sep.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR will be reaching the bottom of Red Sea tonight and ETA to Suez 9th Sep 2pm, a day later than originally planned. Will be interesting to see her destination after passing through the canal.

DIONYSOS LEADER is now headed for Derince in Turkey. I have removed her from the map for now, but she is still scheduled to arrive 21st Sep too Zeebrugge so could have some Tesla's onboard for Q3.
I do enjoy these updates. Not like I’m looking at Electra and Grand Ruby every hour on marine traffic lol. My car must be on one of them. Wait is killing me

Triton Ace should be behind Glovis Splendor btw.

View attachment 705816

So I got my allocation along with a lot of other people around day that Grand Ruby set sail, collection booked shortly after for the 22nd at Brent Cross. So I've been assuming that was the boat it was on.

But my SA just called and confirmed my car is on Elektra.

M3 LR Blue/Black 19" FSD, ordered 26th July, collect 22nd Sept, vin 3283xx

That's interesting. I had also assumed my car was on Grand Ruby, but as I've also got a Blue/Black LR, ordered on the 26th July, but set for collection on the 25th, I suspect our cars will be on the same ship.

So I got my allocation along with a lot of other people around day that Grand Ruby set sail, collection booked shortly after for the 22nd at Brent Cross. So I've been assuming that was the boat it was on.

But my SA just called and confirmed my car is on Elektra.

M3 LR Blue/Black 19" FSD, ordered 26th July, collect 22nd Sept, vin 3283xx
Oh, that's very interesting. I was initially given a date of the 22nd at Brent Cross too but was also given the option to pick up from Southampton a day earlier which is what I opted for. I thought mine was on Grand Ruby too but it seems like it's probably on the same ship as yours.

That's interesting. I had also assumed my car was on Grand Ruby, but as I've also got a Blue/Black LR, ordered on the 26th July, but set for collection on the 25th, I suspect our cars will be on the same ship.

Ordered on the 19th of July for collection on the 29th of Sept... appears there is no order too it hahah, as in theory I should have been collecting before you guys from Brent Cross.

Would have been really handy to get an earlier delivery date too, as I have a wedding to jet off to after collecting the car, literally taking our suitcases with us to collection and driving 200mi up north on the day. So I hope the car is perfect otherwise we're kinda boned.

I was always told early September since I ordered, but my SA got real sheepish nearer the time and eventually got quite dismissive and would just reply 'contact delivery like I said'. Really not helpful and left a sour taste.

Really annoying as I never thought it would be an issue due to the early September delivery and I'd have time to get used to the car/note any issues, but lo and behold as others have found on here, all you have to do is have a really important event scheduled and you are guarenteed for your delivery date to fall on it. :rolleyes:

Is it worth ringing them to see if I can bring it forward? Heard mixed results.

Ordered on the 19th of July for collection on the 29th of Sept... appears there is no order too it hahah, as in theory I should have been collecting before you guys from Brent Cross.

Would have been really handy to get an earlier delivery date too, as I have a wedding to jet off to after collecting the car, literally taking our suitcases with us to collection and driving 200mi up north on the day. So I hope the car is perfect otherwise we're kinda boned.

I was always told early September since I ordered, but my SA got real sheepish nearer the time and eventually got quite dismissive and would just reply 'contact delivery like I said'. Really not helpful and left a sour taste.

Really annoying as I never thought it would be an issue due to the early September delivery and I'd have time to get used to the car/note any issues, but lo and behold as others have found on here, all you have to do is have a really important event scheduled and you are guarenteed for your delivery date to fall on it. :rolleyes:

Won't know till you try lol

I am waiting on an M3LR with VIN 322*** to the UK. I was likewise expecting mid-Sep - but something seems to have changed and now my delivery appointment is 30th Sep, and SA maintains there is still no ship listed.

Feels like there are a bunch of us with VINs in that range who were allocated in early August, but seem to be getting delivery dates that are later than folk who were allocated much later. So I am wondering if there has been some kind of logistics hiccup where a bunch of vehicles have taken a circuitous route - perhaps they went onto a scheduled service rather than a dedicated Tesla ship?

Richard

I am waiting on an M3LR with VIN 322*** to the UK. I was likewise expecting mid-Sep - but something seems to have changed and now my delivery appointment is 30th Sep, and SA maintains there is still no ship listed.

Feels like there are a bunch of us with VINs in that range who were allocated in early August, but seem to be getting delivery dates that are later than folk who were allocated much later. So I am wondering if there has been some kind of logistics hiccup where a bunch of vehicles have taken a circuitous route - perhaps they went onto a scheduled service rather than a dedicated Tesla ship?

Richard
This is where Dionysos Leader is a possibility. It departed Shanghai around 11th August, right when we got the VIN assignments. But then it's taken a very unusual route and is currently heading for Turkey.

I was originally told it would arrive on the 10th September in the UK. Right now I'm assuming mine is on Triton ace based on the delivery date of 30th September. But it doesn't align with the theory that you get an allocation text around the time a ship departs as it didn't leave until the 20th August.

You're lucky you can get it before though. I go on holiday on the 25th August and they simply would not give me an earlier date, even if collecting from Southampton. They did allow it to be delivered though which saves me having someone else drive it first. I'll be watching like a hawk on my home cameras lol.

Richard
Yes I’m the same, my SA told me several times that the car was arriving in UK on 12th September now been given collection date of 30th Sept VIN also 322***

I have considered delaying delivery until Q4 due to the newer LG battery rumours. But with the way Tesla make changes, you can always find a reason to wait. In Q1 2022 we might see Berlin produced cars which might have better paint, then there will be the 4680 cells, Model Y and who knows what other rumours in another 6-12 months.

So I've resigned to the fact that what will be will be. I'm buying the car for what it is now.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Status
Not open for further replies.