Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Shanghai exported 40,666 cars in October. Is there enough space for those in the ships being tracked to accommodate for all those or can there be some ships 'off the radar' so to speak?
Well some may have gone to S Korea, UAE, Australia and New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong.
I'm pretty sure we've identified all the ships carrying Teslas that departed to Europe in October. I count 9 maybe 10.
So that works out at about 3500 cars per ship which is about right.

LAKE GENEVA has departed Koper and is now heading to Barcelona.
Normally I would think that her Tesla charter is complete since Barcelona has never been used as a point of entry for Tesla, however she was very quickly unloaded in Koper....
I've been looking into LAKE GENEVA and am pretty well satisfied now that her Tesla charter was concluded in Koper.
She is repositioning to Barcelona for a scheduled liner service to Pyeongtaek, South Korea via Singapore and Hong Kong.

Hi everyone,

New here as a member, after following this thread for the last 6 weeks. Great to read all the comments and thanks a lot Mr Miserable for the super content every day !!

After a bumpy ride I received my VIN this evening.
LRWYGCEK0MC1xxxxx
Model Y LR, Pearl White ext., Black int. 19" rims.
Reservation on 12th of March,
Ordered the 29th of Sept.
ETA 19th of Dec. a Sunday ??

Am I correct that this is a 2021 model and not a 2022 because of the “M” in the VIN ?

Any idea if the ship has already left ?

Thanks in advance for your reactions and keep up the good work !

Hi everyone,

New here as a member, after following this thread for the last 6 weeks. Great to read all the comments and thanks a lot Mr Miserable for the super content every day !!

LRWYGCEK0MC1xxxxx

Am I correct that this is a 2021 model and not a 2022 because of the “M” in the VIN ?

M in 10th position = Model year 2021.
Is the car being delivered to your home, being collected at a Tesla delivery location or are you collecting off the dock? (eg Koopmans)
Chances are the ship is on its way!

Hi everyone,

LRWYGCEK0MC1xxxxx

That’s an extraordinarily long wait from VIN allocation and delivery time. I don’t think is consistent to everywhere; most of what I read and been told the timing from VIN to delivery is about 3-4 weeks.
Hopefully it arrives earlier. Good luck!

Last edited:
That’s an extraordinarily long wait from VIN allocation and delivery time. I don’t think is a consistent to everywhere; most of what I read and been told the timing from VIN to delivery is about 3-4 weeks.
Hopefully it arrives earlier. Good luck!
True, this was 'the bumpy ride' ;-)
Problem was the tow hitch... While ordering you could allready select the tow hitch, even though it is an after market product. Tesla and I were both waiting 5,5 weeks for the VIN to pop up, when last week one Tesla-colleage found out the whole order was waiting for the tow hitch to be deliverd (which is not availebale right now)... Only then the VIN could be matched. So than the tow hitch was deleted from the order and within two days my VIN was there !😅
So : if you're also waiting long for your VIN and you have a tow hitch selected : find out if it (the order;)) hangs on that !

I forgot to mention in my daily report that two ships of interest will dock in Shanghai tomorrow:

BROOKLANDS
GLOVIS CLIPPER

It's quite possible that one or even both of them may head to S Korea but since we are approaching the cut-off for Q4 ships to Europe from Shanghai and I'm expecting a big finale....
I’m really hoping Brooklands does become a Tesla charter and has my car on it.

I’m waiting on our 2nd TM3 LR which is a new company car and our company head office is based at the old Brooklands circuit.

I've been looking into LAKE GENEVA and am pretty well satisfied now that her Tesla charter was concluded in Koper.
She is repositioning to Barcelona for a scheduled liner service to Pyeongtaek, South Korea via Singapore and Hong Kong.
Just to add to this, mine was in LAKE GENEVA and the info I have is that it was unloaded in Koper, since I'm in Portugal if she was carrying Teslas to Barcelona mine would most likely be unloaded there since it's closer.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hi all - I'm new so please excuse stupid questions. I have ordered a 3 and a Y in the UK (order date 15/10), and was told initially to expect a November delivery for the 3 (next year for the Y). Does that sound possible - no VIN yet or any info from Tesla, and looking at the various comments on here there seem to be many who ordered well before me who are still waiting...

Mr Miserable you are a legend Sir, thank you for this incredible thread and what I assume is many hours of hard work and research!

A lot of activity around the Suez Canal today...

LAKE FUXIAN has dawdled her way to Zeebrugge and is currently loitering as she waits for her appointment with the local pilot to take her alongside later today. The approach to Zeebrugge is via a very narrow navigable channel. Once inside the harbour she has to pass through a lock to get entry to the huge car handling facilities (the world's largest). It's worth a look at the Google satellite view to get an appreciation of just how vast this place is.

HELIOS RAY is currently making her way through the Suez Canal. Unlike the Panama Canal there are no locks in the Suez Canal and neither are there any webcams. Next stop for her will be Ashdod, Israel. After that she should head to Southampton where I'm expecting her to arrive around 19/20 Nov.

VIKING OCEAN is currently in the Gulf of Suez and will arrive at the canal entrance later tonight. I expect her to transit the canal tomorrow morning and then head for Southampton where she should arrive around 18 Nov.

HOEGH KOBE has departed Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and she is now making her way up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal at 16kts. She is not a Tesla chartered ship and is on a scheduled service however we know she is carrying both MY and M3. She will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 22 Nov after making a number of stops on the way. Her final stop should be Piraeus where she is due to arrive on 13 Nov.
Those folk with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE continues to race up the Red Sea at 18kts towards Suez and she has now overtaken HOEGH KOBE. She is due to unload in Koper on 14 Nov.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 10.33.28.png

NABUCCO She is heading to Southampton (25 Nov) and Zeebrugge (27 Nov) and is currently in the Arabian Sea making 15kts towards Suez.

Don't forget to enter the free NABUCCO competition! From the entries I've seen so far, (great response, by the way!) a lot of thought has been put in to the entries and despite them all being in a fairly tight area there has only been one square chosen twice. Remember the first person to chose the winning square will be declared the winner and so I would advise getting your entry in soon. Click HERE to enter.

NUC Leg 2.png

HYPERION RAY is approaching the southern tip of Sri Lanka and is maintaining 17 kts.
She is very likely to be a Tesla ship although I have yet to see anything to confirm she actually is, so far.
(I'm not too concerned at the moment since it took a while for GLOVIS CHALLENGE to be confirmed)
I would estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge to be around 28 Nov, or Koper around 21 Nov, although we don't actually know where she is headed to.
We may not know her actual destination until she leaves the Suez Canal.

HOEGH TRACER is on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. We have already seen evidence that she is carrying some Teslas (check your VIN on My Cargo ) but she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
She is presently crossing the Bay of Bengal making 17 kts towards her next stop at Port Sudan.

Tracer Leg 2.png

Currently alongside in Shanghai are BROOKLANDS and GLOVIS CLIPPER. I'm very interested to see where they depart to....

Hi all - I'm new so please excuse stupid questions. I have ordered a 3 and a Y in the UK (order date 15/10), and was told initially to expect a November delivery for the 3 (next year for the Y). Does that sound possible - no VIN yet or any info from Tesla, and looking at the various comments on here there seem to be many who ordered well before me who are still waiting...

Mr Miserable you are a legend Sir, thank you for this incredible thread and what I assume is many hours of hard work and research!
The key thing to note is that Tesla don't build to order and so order date has little relevance.
The anticipated delivery dates quoted seem reasonable. Expect the Y in Mar 22.

Due for drop off to an address in the midlands on the 3rd of December. reading what everyone else is saying re. registration taking 7 days before delivery i'd assume that the vehicle is either on Helios Ray or Viking Ocean.. or could Nabucco be a dark horse in my 'where is my tesla game'

Brilliant thread btw - really look forward to Mr. Ms updates (who would of thought we'd end up tracking ships like kids on santa tracker at Christmas)

I'm really curious when the tow hitch will be available. I'm using it a lot with my M3 and hopefully it will be available quite fast for the MY.
A few years ago when the M3 was new, specifying a tow hitch was guaranteed to delay your delivery. You can't fit one (officially) after delivery.
The good thing about the MY is that it seems you can fit one after delivery. So you have a choice, specify a tow hitch and risk a delay to delivery or order a vanilla car and wait (and wait) for the after-market tow hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.