Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALTAIR LEADER continues to race flat out towards Zeebrugge. She has just passed through the Straits of Gibraltar. She's due in Zeebrugge on Sunday at 20:00. With 1300NM to go I can't see how she can make it on time - I reckon she'll be at least 6 hours late.
HELIOS RAY is leisurely cruising at 12 kts up the Portugese coast. She's due to arrive in Southampton on Sunday evening. I believe she will be completely unloaded in Southampton. She's due to depart to Bremerhaven on Tuesday which will not be on Tesla business.
VIKING OCEAN has entered the Bay of Biscay (which is unusually nice and calm) and is pacing herself at 11.5kts to arrive in Southampton on Saturday afternoon. I think she should speed up as the pier should be free and could accomodate an early arrival. On Sunday she departs to Zeebrugge and I would expect an early Monday morning arrival there.
HOEGH KOBE is making 13kts north along the coast of SW Portugal. She's due to arrrive in Zeebruggeearly on Monday morning. Will ALTAIR LEADER manage to overtake her?? She's about 230NM ahead at the moment.
NABUCCO is making 17kts south of Crete enroute to Southampton where she will arrive on the evening of 26 Nov. Zeebrugge on 28 Nov.
HYPERION RAY has slowed to 10kts as she slowly makes her way to the southern entrance of the Suez Canal. She has 60 miles to go. I expect she will transit early tomorrow morning.
HOEGH TRACER as discussed above diverted into Jeddah instead of Port Sudan. (As did HOEGH KOBE before her) She will now head to Piraeus via the Suez canal. She's not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
HORIZON LEADER has switched off her AIS transmitter as she crosses the Arabian Sea. Southampton 01 Dec
GRAND DAHLIA is about 330 NM NW of Singapore making 18kts. Southampton 11 Dec Zeebrugge 13 Dec
VIKING BRAVERY will dock in Shanghai shortly. She will depart to Koper. At the moment I estimate an arrival around 12 Dec but I can hopefully firm up an estimate once she departs.

BOHEME is currently on the watch list. She is currently off the coast of Vietnam making 17 kts.

Zeebrugge are going to have a busy Monday with ALTAIR LEADER, VIKING OCEAN and HOEGH KOBE all arriving at once!

Even though i now have got confirmation that the Y will be ready for pick up on the 24th, in Bergen Norway, i find myself coming back here for updates.
I also forgot to ask if there is any idea as to which ship the car might be on and where? As I mentioned, Tesla said the cars to Bergen would arrive by ship to Bergen.

Any thoughts?

Just had a chat with a CS again, this time I double twisted his arm and his neck… 🙄
Sales for this quarter in Denmark are closed and pushed new ones to Q1/2022. What’s curious about here is that in Denmark regardless of the shipping status of the cars or where they are in the sea, they are notifying clients 14 days before delivery date. So ship tracking is not relevant for us… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nevertheless, always cool checking Mr. M’s updates!! 🙌✊

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
In Norway, they are still trucking Teslas off the pier.
Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 13.12.40.png

Just had a chat with a CS again, this time I double twisted his arm and his neck… 🙄
Sales for this quarter in Denmark are closed and pushed new ones to Q1/2022. What’s curious about here is that in Denmark regardless of the shipping status of the cars or where they are in the sea, they are notifying clients 14 days before delivery date. So ship tracking is not relevant for us… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nevertheless, always cool checking Mr. M’s updates!! 🙌✊
Although at least 2 cars for Denmark are onboard ALTAIR LEADER.

• Informative
Reactions: TMYDK
Even though i now have got confirmation that the Y will be ready for pick up on the 24th, in Bergen Norway, i find myself coming back here for updates.
I also forgot to ask if there is any idea as to which ship the car might be on and where? As I mentioned, Tesla said the cars to Bergen would arrive by ship to Bergen.

Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure I named the vessel that delivered to the west coast in Q3 on this thread. I didn't record it in my notes. I suspect it's shipped via Hirtshals.

Last edited:
Hi all....I'm new to the forum and a soon to be new owner of a shiny new M3 LR.....this thread is amazing and the amount of information contained within it is brilliant. I've seen several posts that talk about identifying which ship your Tesla is on using the VIN but can't see how to do this exactly. I have obtained my VIN via the source code and have a delivery appointment date (Glasgow) of 9 December - how do I work out what ship my car is on using the VIN?

Hi all....I'm new to the forum and a soon to be new owner of a shiny new M3 LR.....this thread is amazing and the amount of information contained within it is brilliant. I've seen several posts that talk about identifying which ship your Tesla is on using the VIN but can't see how to do this exactly. I have obtained my VIN via the source code and have a delivery appointment date (Glasgow) of 9 December - how do I work out what ship my car is on using the VIN?
You can only really do this if the owner/operator offers this as a service on their website. Currently I think that's limited to the HOEGH ships and there's a link some pages back in Mr Miserable's posts to their site to do that,
If your car is not on a Hoegh ship (which given you're in Scotland is unlikely), then its really a matter of pestering Tesla Customer Service to see if they'll divulge this information to you, or working it out based on your delivery date if you have it (you can also make a rough guess if you know when your VIN turned up in the source code of your order page on their web site).
e.g. my collection is booked in for the 29 November, so is likely to be on either the VIKING OCEAN or HELIOS RAY, as they both get into Southampton roughly a week to ten days or so before that.
Hope that helps.

Is this reported by the owners? Could not get anything from CS. Got VIN on monday evening and I am assuming GRAND DAHLIA, but hoping that I might be wrong? What is your take on that Mr. M?
Yes. I wasn't too enamoured with the idea of ALTAIR LEADER having Teslas onboard, principally because of her long and circuitous route to Zeebrugge but a couple of Danes and a Spaniard insist they have been told their cars are onboard.

Reactions: TMYDK
ALTAIR LEADER continues to race flat out towards Zeebrugge. She has just passed through the Straits of Gibraltar. She's due in Zeebrugge on Sunday at 20:00. With 1300NM to go I can't see how she can make it on time - I reckon she'll be at least 6 hours late.
HELIOS RAY is leisurely cruising at 12 kts up the Portugese coast. She's due to arrive in Southampton on Sunday evening. I believe she will be completely unloaded in Southampton. She's due to depart to Bremerhaven on Tuesday which will not be on Tesla business.
VIKING OCEAN has entered the Bay of Biscay (which is unusually nice and calm) and is pacing herself at 11.5kts to arrive in Southampton on Saturday afternoon. I think she should speed up as the pier should be free and could accomodate an early arrival. On Sunday she departs to Zeebrugge and I would expect an early Monday morning arrival there.
HOEGH KOBE is making 13kts north along the coast of SW Portugal. She's due to arrrive in Zeebruggeearly on Monday morning. Will ALTAIR LEADER manage to overtake her?? She's about 230NM ahead at the moment.
NABUCCO is making 17kts south of Crete enroute to Southampton where she will arrive on the evening of 26 Nov. Zeebrugge on 28 Nov.
HYPERION RAY has slowed to 10kts as she slowly makes her way to the southern entrance of the Suez Canal. She has 60 miles to go. I expect she will transit early tomorrow morning.
HOEGH TRACER as discussed above diverted into Jeddah instead of Port Sudan. (As did HOEGH KOBE before her) She will now head to Piraeus via the Suez canal. She's not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.
HORIZON LEADER has switched off her AIS transmitter as she crosses the Arabian Sea. Southampton 01 Dec
GRAND DAHLIA is about 330 NM NW of Singapore making 18kts. Southampton 11 Dec Zeebrugge 13 Dec
VIKING BRAVERY will dock in Shanghai shortly. She will depart to Koper. At the moment I estimate an arrival around 12 Dec but I can hopefully firm up an estimate once she departs.

BOHEME is currently on the watch list. She is currently off the coast of Vietnam making 17 kts.

Zeebrugge are going to have a busy Monday with ALTAIR LEADER, VIKING OCEAN and HOEGH KOBE all arriving at once!
Delivery day in Ireland just confirmed as 10th December.

Would that mean most likely ship is Nabucco Mr Miserable?

Thanks again for your excellent updates.

You can only really do this if the owner/operator offers this as a service on their website. Currently I think that's limited to the HOEGH ships and there's a link some pages back in Mr Miserable's posts to their site to do that,
If your car is not on a Hoegh ship (which given you're in Scotland is unlikely), then its really a matter of pestering Tesla Customer Service to see if they'll divulge this information to you, or working it out based on your delivery date if you have it (you can also make a rough guess if you know when your VIN turned up in the source code of your order page on their web site).
e.g. my collection is booked in for the 29 November, so is likely to be on either the VIKING OCEAN or HELIOS RAY, as they both get into Southampton roughly a week to ten days or so before that.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Washout...I used the link to check the HOEGH ships but no joy.....my VIN appeared today via the Google Chrome app, which I only installed today but still isn't appearing if I search the source code using the other method or on my account, so have no idea when it may have first appeared.....my collection date is booked for 9 December so I reckon my car might be on one of the two sips you mentioned as I believe those cars bound for Scotland would be transported north of the border by road after landing in Southampton and it would likely take 2-3 days to make that journey.

I'll start following VIKING OCEAN AND HELIOS RAY ;-)

Reactions: Washout
Thanks Washout...I used the link to check the HOEGH ships but no joy.....my VIN appeared today via the Google Chrome app, which I only installed today but still isn't appearing if I search the source code using the other method or on my account, so have no idea when it may have first appeared.....my collection date is booked for 9 December so I reckon my car might be on one of the two sips you mentioned as I believe those cars bound for Scotland would be transported north of the border by road after landing in Southampton and it would likely take 2-3 days to make that journey.

I'll start following VIKING OCEAN AND HELIOS RAY ;-)
Hi I have a pick up at Southampton on the 9th and CS has told me Nabucco

• Helpful
Reactions: Chocochip
My long awaited M3P is almost here...... due for delivery to me in Merseyside Saturday 27th Nov and i've just received the registration number. Almost time and its most certainly on Helios Ray or Viking Ocean due to the timings - landing 6 days before its dropped off :) Its become a daily obsession hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.