Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALTAIR LEADER It seems that she has been told that she cannot arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday (She was trying to make Sunday but that wasn't realistic). Moreover, she has now been diverted into Vigo where she will arrive tomorrow morning. It could be that she unloads cars destined for Spain which have missed their connections (ALTAIR LEADER was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge yesterday). It just means a further delay for those in Denmark.

HELIOS RAY is currently crossing the Bay of Biscay at 14 kts. She is not due to dock in Southampton until Sunday night. She will have to wait until the cruise ship SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY departs. She should be completely unloaded here - Tesla charter complete.

VIKING OCEAN is about to round the Brest peninsula and enter the English Channel. She is on schedule to dock in Southampton tomorrow evening. She should be able to dock as soon as GLOVIS CENTURY departs, so she may be able to dock a couple of hours earlier. She is due to depart to Zeebrugge at midday on Sunday.

HOEGH KOBE has increased speed as she enters the Bay of Biscay. She is going to arrive in Zeebrugge a day earlier than planned on Sunday. This is obviously the result of some replanning in Zeebrugge following yesterday's train smash forecast (the revelation of HOEGH KOBE, ALTAIR LEADER and VIKING OCEAN all arriving at once)

NABUCCO is currently about 200NM east of Malta on course to arrive in Southampton next Friday evening. Zeebrugge on 28th.

HYPERION RAY has lost a lot of time waiting for her canal transit. She's still making her way north but should emerge into the Mediterranean in an hour or so at which time we will hopefully have her destination confirmed and an ETA to work with. I'll update once we have it.

HOEGH TRACER has departed Jeddah and is now making her way up the Red Sea at 13 kts to the canal entrance where she will arrive tomorrow night. She should transit the canal on Sunday morning and then head to Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. The good news is that her scheduled arrival in Zeebrugge has now been brought forward to 03 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER has reappeared cruising at 17 kts down the Gulf of Aden. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec.

GRAND DAHLIA has arrived off Singapore for a refuel. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. I think this will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY will depart Shanghai direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

Last edited:
HYPERION RAY is now (finally!) in the Mediterranean with her next destination being Southampton on 27 Nov.

This is later than I originally forecast but she did lose a lot of time at Suez. Zeebrugge will probably be late 28 or early 29 Nov.

(My damned internet was meant to be fixed today but they now say tomorrow.... Grrr)

Last edited:
I cant believe HELIOS RAY is now going to have to wait for SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY to overtake, unload and reload before she can berth :(

SOD is only travelling 1.9kts faster than HR and is 250nm behind!

View attachment 734698
The reality is that cruise ships are big earners for a port and you can't have a cruise ship turnround in the hours of darkness.
Cruise ships must run on schedule.

Reactions: Michael C
Hi Mr miserable. Great thread so far. It seems like our teslas are on Helios ray heading to GB. Here in Israel , they landed safely on Ashdod port, but rejected immediately by transportation office due to lack of proper registration. It seems like Tesla didn’t arrange the required details for the greatest and latest SR+ model (with larger battery) before arrival . As results of this, cars were loaded back into the ship and went for a long travel around Europe. As Southampton is the last stop for HR, I think they will unload our cars there before they will be loaded again to some unknown ship. We already got vin numbers and clear commitment for getting these cars back around dec-11. I will appreciate your help on this, it will be great if you can point us to the right ship/direction. People here need some kind of “ship progress bar”.

• Informative
Reactions: transpondster
Hi Mr miserable. Great thread so far. It seems like our teslas are on Helios ray heading to GB. Here in Israel , they landed safely on Ashdod port, but rejected immediately by transportation office due to lack of proper registration. It seems like Tesla didn’t arrange the required details for the greatest and latest SR+ model (with larger battery) before arrival . As results of this, cars were loaded back into the ship and went for a long travel around Europe. As Southampton is the last stop for HR, I think they will unload our cars there before they will be loaded again to some unknown ship. We already got vin numbers and clear commitment for getting these cars back around dec-11. I will appreciate your help on this, it will be great if you can point us to the right ship/direction. People here need some kind of “ship progress bar”.
Wow, that's a clanger.
It will be interesting to see what happens with the cars - HELIOS RAY is scheduled to head off to South Africa so I guess they will have to be unloaded in Southampton and then loaded on to another ship bound to Ashdod. There is a pretty regular Grimaldi service that would fit the bill that departs from the Western Docks too.
The Grimaldi schedule is not worth the paper its written on at the moment.
Keep a lookout for a Grimaldi ship (GRANDE XXX) calling at Southampton and departing to Valencia as this is the most likely route.
GRANDE MIRAFIORI might be worth keeping an eye on initially but I suspect it's the next ship that will be the one we're after.

Last edited:
ALTAIR LEADER It seems that she has been told that she cannot arrive in Zeebrugge on Monday (She was trying to make Sunday but that wasn't realistic). Moreover, she has now been diverted into Vigo where she will arrive tomorrow morning. It could be that she unloads cars destined for Spain which have missed their connections (ALTAIR LEADER was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge yesterday). It just means a further delay for those in Denmark.
Is there any way to know wether those have been unloaded in Vigo or not? Or just wait for SA call/SMS?

Wow, that's a clanger.
It will be interesting to see what happens with the cars - HELIOS RAY is scheduled to head off to South Africa so I guess they will have to be unloaded in Southampton and then loaded on to another ship bound to Ashdod. There is a pretty regular Grimaldi service that would fit the bill that departs from the Western Docks too.
The Grimaldi schedule is not worth the paper its written on at the moment.
Keep a lookout for a Grimaldi ship (GRANDE XXX) calling at Southampton and departing to Valencia as this is the most likely route.
GRANDE MIRAFIORI might be worth keeping an eye on initially but I suspect it's the next ship that will be the one we're after.
Thank you. Yes, that was what I thought. I am looking on Grande new jersey which will be heading to Valencia as well; it fits our scheduling of dec-14 for first deliveries

Q1 MY from China, Q2 from Berlin.

But you said deliveries of MY in Q2 in the post below which made it sound like nothing will arrive in Q1:

Thank you. Yes, that was what I thought. I am looking on Grande new jersey which will be heading to Valencia as well; it fits our scheduling of dec-14 for first deliveries

Latest UPDATE: I suspect the ship to watch is GRANDE BRETAGNA which is scheduled to depart Southampton on 27 Nov and arrive Ashdod 9 Dec.
If not that one, GRANDE SPAGNA departs Southampton on 2 Dec arrives Ashdod 14 Dec.

But you said deliveries of MY in Q2 in the post below which made it sound like nothing will arrive in Q1:

Q1 from China, Q2 onwards from Berlin is the plan at the moment for MY to the UK.

Reactions: thewanted
I got my VIN today, M3 LR to Spain.

Date range: 16th - 30th of December
Estimated date on bill: 24th

Estimated arrival to SC: 23th.

Not sure which ship is carrying it... The one that seems to match better is Paradise Ace that is marked as carrying Teslas in other sites, but I guess Grand Dahlia or Viking Bravery (too late for this one I think) are possibilities as well.

My guess is Paradise Ace or Grand Dahlia, I'm trying to convince my Tesla advisor to tell me the name of the ship.

Is ISAR HIGHWAY known as a Tesla ship? It’s moored in Bergen Harbour tonight. 765E64E9-5F94-4DDF-87B5-E4CCBE740778.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.