Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot be sure, all you can do is guesstimate based on when you were allocated a vehicle which normally happens within a week of a ship departing China.
Appreciate the reply. So my vin appeared on the site a day or two ago. Based on your experience, my car has been on a ship for about a week? Any idea how long they take to arrive in the UK? I've been told by Tesla that it will be delivered in December. Thanks again for your help.

Appreciate the reply. So my vin appeared on the site a day or two ago. Based on your experience, my car has been on a ship for about a week? Any idea how long they take to arrive in the UK? I've been told by Tesla that it will be delivered in December. Thanks again for your help.
The trip takes about 4 weeks, then depending on where you are in the country it could take up to 10 days for collection/delivery after the vehicles have arrived in the country.

Tesla will do everything to make sure the vehicle can be recognised as sold this quarter (end of December), even if it means allocating it to someone else if you are unavailable to take delivery, so yes you will almost certainly be offered a delivery in December if your vehicle is on a ship.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chocochip
Hi, when will helios ray be docked? And isit a full offload? If so whats the rough time scale for this.
Helios Ray is due to dock at Berth 101 tomorrow afternoon after Spirit of Discovery has departed. It is a full offload according to the information provided by Mr Miserable and I have no idea how long it takes. However the nest ship due to arrive at this part of the port is another cruise ship MSC Magnifica which is due to dock at Berth 102 at 07:45 on 23rd November

Mostly wait 🙈🙈🙈

You might want to join the "Tesla Model Y Owners Denmark" facebook group if you are not in it already. At the moment it is mostly people like me and you - having difficulties with their patience :D Every once in a while there is also an useful post about tires, insurance, etc. You might get some of that "good" vibe when someone tells how they ordered the same car as you 1-2 months after you and are getting it by the end of november because ... Tesla logic works like this :)
Hahahahaha!!
Thanks Mart1nn, I will definitely join. I don't give much use to FB, but in this case, for sure is worth!!
If I bump into someone who ordered after me and is getting the car earlier, my rant can be epic!! 🙄💀😆

Last edited:
Hi all,
Today I went to the Tesla dealer after frustrating chats with them.
The CS chap told me that I already have a VIN allocated since 3 days ago!! Super happy about it. Of course he couldn’t give me any details on the delivery, but sent me the VIN by email.
Strangely enough, my VIN does not start with the common 5YJ numbering. 🤔
My VIN is LRWYGCEKXMC145XXX
I told him how come is missing the 5YJ, but he affirmed it doesn’t have it and I checked a MY parked there and effectively the VIN number displayed in the windshield was also LRWY…
Any explanation to this??
LRW are for builds from China.
5YJ are for builds from America.
Good luck with your new car, looks like you will be getting is before the end of December.

Reactions: TMYDK
VIKING OCEAN arrived alongside Southampton yesterday and is currently unloading. She is now due to depart to Zeebrugge at 18:15 which will mean an arrival on Monday there.

HELIOS RAY is currently holding in the English Channel in preference to the anchorage she was offered. She is now not due to dock in Southampton until 21:45 tonight. She should be completely unloaded here, including the vehicles rejected by the Israeli authorities - Tesla charter complete. She will then depart on Tuesday.

ALTAIR LEADER is currently crossing the Bay of Biscay. She is in no particular hurry as she is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until late tomorrow night. She was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Nov. Clearly there will be delivery delays for the cars from this ship.

HOEGH KOBE is just approaching Zeebrugge, a day earlier than originally scheduled. She should be alongside in a couple of hours.

NABUCCO is currently passing north of Algiers at 14kts and is on course to arrive in Southampton next Friday morning. Zeebrugge on 28th.

HYPERION RAY is still 280Nm east of Malta and she's making 16 kts on her way to Southampton. The Southampton port schedule still has her arriving next Friday which I don't think she will manage. In any case that arrival would clash with NABUCCO and cause a bit of a headache. She is aiming to arrive next Saturday (which is not a good day to plan to arrive at a cruise port) but even then I suspect she will have to wait until NABUCCO departs. I just get the feeling that she can expect some further delays.

HOEGH TRACER is, as expected, currently making her way along the Suez Canal to then head for Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. The good news is that her scheduled arrival in Zeebrugge has been brought forward to 03 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER has switched her AIS back on again. She is, as expected, now in the Red Sea making just over 17kts towards the Suez Canal. She has an ETA there of tomorrow night but there is no way she is going to make that - Tuesday mid-morning more likely. I originally estimated she would arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec however that was based on her making Suez on time. She may still be able to make that date depending on when she can transit the canal and if she puts her foot down for a sprint finish to Southampton. We will know more when she exits the canal.

GRAND DAHLIA is currently about 90NM east of Bandah Aceh making just over 17kts heading for Suez. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. This will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY has transited the Straits of Taiwan and is now about 70NM SW of Taiwan making 16kts. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

It looks like PROMETHEUS LEADER left Zeebrugge today, and not 22 november as i first posted.
Yes it looks like the schedules have gone to pot. The one I have had her departing on Friday.
I think we may be looking at VIKING AMBER to collect vehicles for Drammen.
With 3 ships arriving in Zeebrugge in the next few days I suspect there will be a lot of cars for Norway amongst them.

Looking at Drammen, I think I can see quite a lot of Teslas on the quayside as well as the few in the staging area.

Last edited:
Reactions: magnus952
Yes it looks like the schedules have gone to pot. The one I have had her departing on Friday.
I think we may be looking at VIKING AMBER to collect vehicles for Drammen.
With 3 ships arriving in Zeebrugge in the next few days I suspect there will be a lot of cars for Norway amongst them.

Looking at Drammen, I think I can see quite a lot of Teslas on the quayside as well as the few in the staging area.
Looking at the ships heading to Europe, do you think Tesla can ship in and sell enough MY to take 1st and 2nd place for biggest selling models in Norway 2021. ID4 holds 2nd place by about 2800 to model Y currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.